Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 2,591

e-love

Yeah I'm savoring every moment I can get, that "new, just got it" feeling doesn't last forever!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

e-love

Woo! I really hope this game gets good sales, I feel like I was the only one that came into my Gamestop Friday to get this game. They had so many left -.-

Odnetnin

Cloudcult10 wrote:

So what's everybody been using for weapons so far?
I've been using Pandora Claws and the Gaol Blade. Occasionally a club.

Thank you for asking this, as weapon collecting/buying/fusing/converting/seeding is easily the best part of this game and what ensures that it will be one of my all-time favorites.

I tend to dominate in multiplayer with my 294 Skyscraper Club, and I've been getting into claws recently, with my 277 Pandora Claws being my favorite not only because of how awesome they look but how quickly they cut up enemies. I really wanna show off my weapons to you guys, see your weapons, and hopefully unlock more weapons for all of us by playing online, but either nobody's been online, in the NL chat/KI threads, or simply isn't my friend. I'd love to rectify this, so let me know if you're available as I'm always up for a match!

@Tech Yeah, but I sure do feel cool swatting away enemy fire with my club right back at 'em. I agree that we should be able to change gear mid-level. At those "midstage progress" screens, maybe.

@Retro My Rail Cannons are OK, but I haven't got one strong enough yet for me to seriously consider using it in multiplayer. It might be that cannons aren't my favorite weapon category. I do love the Samurai Blade though as it is the quickest melee weapon of its kind, and on top of that it's Sakurai's favorite.

@bboy One hit kills in multiplayer make up for that. They're also just insanely powerful all-around, though like Tech said, they're pretty useless in flying sections.

Random question worded to avoid spoilers: Did anyone find the end boss fight of chapter 3 to be extremely cheap? I could kill the boss in one go once he became vulnerable, but those little purple things that come at you are virtually impossible to dodge or block. It could be that a club is just the worst weapon for that particular encounter, but I remember having a fair amount of trouble with a different weapon too.

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

bboy2970

Oddy wrote:

Cloudcult10 wrote:

Thank you for asking this, as weapon collecting/buying/fusing/converting/seeding is easily the best part of this game and what ensures that it will be one of my all-time favorites.

I tend to dominate in multiplayer with my 294 Skyscraper Club, and I've been getting into claws recently, with my 277 Pandora Claws being my favorite not only because of how awesome they look but how quickly they cut up enemies. I really wanna show off my weapons to you guys, see your weapons, and hopefully unlock more weapons for all of us by playing online, but either nobody's been online, in the NL chat/KI threads, or simply isn't my friend. I'd love to rectify this, so let me know if you're available as I'm always up for a match!

@Tech Yeah, but I sure do feel cool swatting away enemy fire with my club right back at 'em. I agree that we should be able to change gear mid-level. At those "midstage progress" screens, maybe.

@Retro My Rail Cannons are OK, but I haven't got one strong enough yet for me to seriously consider using it in multiplayer. It might be that cannons aren't my favorite weapon category. I do love the Samurai Blade though as it is the quickest melee weapon of its kind, and on top of that it's Sakurai's favorite.

@bboy One hit kills in multiplayer make up for that. They're also just insanely powerful all-around, though like Tech said, they're pretty useless in flying sections.

Random question worded to avoid spoilers: Did anyone find the end boss fight of chapter 3 to be extremely cheap? I could kill the boss in one go once he became vulnerable, but those little purple things that come at you are virtually impossible to dodge or block. It could be that a club is just the worst weapon for that particular encounter, but I remember having a fair amount of trouble with a different weapon too.

Which one is that? Hewdraw right? I actually found him to be pleasantly easy. Yes those purple things are difficult but they ARE avoidable. One thing I really don't like are those stupid Reapers. If one of them sees you you are DONE FOR! They have insanely high HP and attack power. They suck!

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

Joeynator3000

bboy2970 wrote:

Oddy wrote:

Cloudcult10 wrote:

Which one is that? Hewdraw right? I actually found him to be pleasantly easy. Yes those purple things are difficult but they ARE avoidable. One thing I really don't like are those stupid Reapers. If one of them sees you you are DONE FOR! They have insanely high HP and attack power. They suck!

I actually was able to take some of those out. XD
Just gotta use power ups and/or the weapon's ability. (mine had Petrification, which turned the thing to stone. )

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Katernity

My favorite weapons are the pandora claws and the black club. i find both of them useful in the air and on the ground. when i use a club in the air, i pretty much just hold down L and keep swinging it back and forth. it knocks away the enemies as they approach and it seems to knock away enemy projectiles pretty well too. on the ground i try to mostly use clubs for charge shots.

3DS Friend Code: 1118-0222-0938
Playing 3DS games: Kid Icarus: Uprising, Resident Evil: Revelations, Dillon's Rolling Western, Pushmo, FreakyForms

Odnetnin

Yeah my Doomsday Cannon (I think that's what I used) sometimes froze the Reapers, which made them slightly less of a pain when I inadvertently encountered them. They're all avoidable in Chapter 4, as long as you stay out of their titular "Line of Sight". At first I found them funny since they were in Level 2 of 3D Classics: Kid Icarus, but they became annoying once I realized you can't attack them while their backs are turned without alerting them to your presence, unlike the original wherein you're supposed to attack them when their backs are turned. But whatever.

Also maybe Hewdraw would be easier with claws or blades or a fast weapon like that, plus I was playing on a higher difficulty.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@bboy Yes reapers are hard and I like to pick fights with them but lose about a third of my health. However I just LOVE the music when they see you! This game is going to have music to remember for many years to come!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Radixxs

I prefer blades and cannons so far, haven't really gotten into much else.

The reapers are pretty annoying when they like stick to you wherever you move, but they aren't too hard to kill. I've never actually died from one.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

R-L-A-George

SepticLemon wrote:

Voice acting.... urgh.... I don';t think so...

But it's Kid Icarus!!! Plus being a launch title I'm so getting it, it's been a long time Pit!

I like Pit's voice..

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

e-love

Just got my Club Nintendo cards!

The_Rocketman

I would have loved for the game to have a trade system or something like that.

"Go home. Hades, just go home."
-Pit
3DS FC: 1161-0195-0840
Now playing: Kid Icarus Uprising

Prof_Clayton

@Rocketman they kinda do with the streetpass gems, but I can see what you mean! (btw, can u add me for ki:u online? You never added me back)

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

The_Rocketman

@ClaytonLuigi I will add you. What I meant is like real time trading, like GTS negotiations from Pokemon Black and White.

-Pit

Spoony_Tech

I got one for ya. How about an online pink slips mode! If you lose you lose your weapon! Make you think twice before you take in a certain weapon.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

The_Rocketman

Added you Clayton

-Pit

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic