Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 2,591

Yrreiht

Read the description of the fairy orbitars when you get the idol. Nice touch there

Also.... Needle arm ftw!

Revenge is better with chili sauce... everything is better with chili sauce.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4008-9404 | Nintendo Network ID: Tynerds37

TheKingOfTown

NintyFan wrote:

Warning, major spoilers ahead. You have been warned.

So I got this game today and played through the first 10 chapters, and this is beyond a doubt epic. It's just as awesome as I thought it would be since the day this game was announced all the way back at E3 2010, and all of my expectations have been met and exceeded. The graphics are gorgeous, the music is wonderful, the dialogue is witty and flows nicely with the gameplay, and the overall presentation is a joy. The controls were a little tough getting used to at first, especially the ground controls, but I got better at them as the chapters went on. Mainly it was controling the camera with the touch screen that was a little off, but again, it took more practice and playing for me to get it down. It was also a relief that this game has a sound test, but I knew it was more than likely knowing Sakurai has had sound tests in most of the games his made. Now I can listen to the amazing music to my heart's content!

Now I come to the meat and potatoes of this game's secrets. After shooting around Medusa long enough, her head morphs into that classic, one-eyed appearance from the 8-bit days. I had a feeling Medusa would revert to her old self, so this was cool. However, after defeating Medusa for good, it turns out Medusa's not the main villain after all, it's Hades. When he revealed himself, I was obviously shocked by the plot twist, but not just because he was the true villain. When I pondered about future Kid Icarus villains after Medusa and Orcos, I thought Hades would fit perfectly, and apparently me and Sakurai think alike. This was all a couple of years ago when Kid Icarus Uprising was first announced. I could've played on into more chapters, but I'm taking a break now. I'm extremely satisified.

Mind = blown O.O

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

Snagrio

Okay I have a lot to say so I'm gonna get it all out in one go. I used the stand at first but then decided to man up and play it by itself. And I had no trouble. What I did was set it on my crossed leg so I didn't have to hold it in the air, pretty simple solution for me. I have completed the story mode, and I have got to say it was VERY VERY deep! The amount of action, twists in the plot, and different characters (with their hilarious bantering) was too amazing for words! I've spent all 300 of my saved up playcoins on the Idol Toss and have over 200 Idols at the moment. And yet I've barely even made a dent to the total number! Gamers with a collectors side (including myself) will love this part. As for Multiplayer, I've only played it twice so far, and got my rear end whooped both times, so I don't have a lot of experience with that yet. But I will say that the connection was almost flawless! Weapons: My lord, the sheer amount of weapons there are... Weapon Fusion for me comes quite in handy because I can never seen to get past level 5 in the Fiend's Cauldron. And now on a final note, I'm really happy that Sakurai gave Dark Pit personality and feelings (even if he doesn't openly show them), not just another mindless evil clone. I REALLY want him to be in the next Smash Bros. because he is so awesome! And besides, he and Pit can be like Mario/Luigi, Ness/Lucas, and Captain Falcon/Ganondorf. All in all this is without a doubt the best 3DS game so far! (Until Smash Bros. of course )

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

Joeynator3000

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh yeah, the bosses are getting really fun now! I was dissapointed by how incredibly easy they were at first, but by Thanatos they got so fun! Love this game.

Yeah he was fun...I guess I liked Hewdraw too, but I guess its mainly because his heads were bickering when you first meet him and it was funny. xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

komicturtle

Just beat the game. Lengthy and challenging. Music is amazing. Love the "Reset Factory" theme as well as "The Chaos Ring". Also, the "Practice Room"s theme is so pleasant..

komicturtle

Retro_on_theGo

Eureka wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Oh yeah, the bosses are getting really fun now! I was dissapointed by how incredibly easy they were at first, but by Thanatos they got so fun! Love this game.

Yeah he was fun...I guess I liked Hewdraw too, but I guess its mainly because his heads were bickering when you first meet him and it was funny. xD

Lol yeah, I liked his commentary! Hope there's some kind of Boss rush when you beat the story, but I doubt it. (No one spoil this, please!)

grumblegrumble

Square-enixFan wrote:

I had a bit of trouble also when trying to add the game to Club Nintendo. Same thing with the 3D classic. Oh any who wants to play me online feel free to add me.

Oh, I though it was my Mac browser! lol. Happened to me, too. Then I tried to re-enter the product key or whatever and it said invalid, had already been registered, but it won't bring the survey back up or give me the coins. Argh.. ;

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

grumblegrumble

WaveBoy wrote:

Oh man, I can't wait to post my impressions....in over a month or so when this thread becomes a grave yard.lol
Kid Icarus: 3D Classics hurry the Hot Wheels- hellZ up!

I'm playing it right now. I got it free with Ki: Uprising. It's so wonderful You are going to fall in love with it. The 3d effect and backgrounds are amazing Love the original as well as the new!

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

PhantomMiria

does anybody else love the stand as much as i do? i dont actually use it when i play, but i love the wasy the 3ds looks on it! Also i find it useful for browsing or watching videos on netflix. I'm actually thinking about getting a second stand just to have around because i love it so much!

Casyn

Jamouse

So... umm... What exactly are these idol things everyone keeps talking about?

Jamouse

Joeynator3000

Jamouse wrote:

So... umm... What exactly are these idol things everyone keeps talking about?

They're basically the Trophies from Melee/Brawl.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Radixxs

I guess I'm in the minority I that I think the controls work very well overall. I'm on chapter 10, and I'm really getting the hang of it. It's amazing I can control the camera, aiming reticle, character movement, and attack-dodging all with just a circle pad and stylus.

I've got the body of a taut, pre-teen Swedish boy.
Covers & Korg DS-10 Originals.

SteamMistwalker

I love the control scheme! i am really baffled at how reviewers could not get their heads around it! I am a left so i use the CPP and its super comfy! never got hand cramps and i play for hours on end! also am i the only one who enjoys the ground sections more than the flying? (dont get me wrong the flight segments are awesome too!) Question though! are u able to join someones game from the friends list? cause i never get that option

3DS code :
2191 7660 6571
Nintendo ID: Steamerz
Let me know if u add me and ill add u!

grumblegrumble

SamuraiShyGuy wrote:

Best Buy is selling the game for $29.99. I preordered it online and they charged me $39.99. I had to call them to get the ten dollars back. Hopefully when I get home there will be a package at my door with the game. I don't want to wait til Monday!

I actually JUST got a $10 refund from Amazon. Since I'm a member of Amazon Prime, they give me free shipping as well as give me a refund when the price drops after it's first released. I just got my $10 refunded in my account so this game did up costing the rest of us $29.99, too. (Unless you bought it for $40 on release day at a store) now they are giving refunds and dropping the price officially I think to 29.99 from 39, which should help increase sales, btw. I wish they'd put a poster inside the 3DS game case. that's the only drawback I can think of, it's fantabulous.

And to those complaining of hand cramps with the movements/game controls, use the stand! That's why they included it! It also looks good hanging out in the stand anyway! I wonder if they're going to sell these separately? They probably should! I can think of many games that could benefit from the player using it and freeing both hands to play a game.

Edited on by grumblegrumble

Late

SteamMistwalker wrote:

Question though! are u able to join someones game from the friends list? cause i never get that option

I joined one game yesterday. Don't know who created the game but friend's friends were allowed so I went and played few rounds. Haven't had option to join the game when my friend have been playing against random people online.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

BenAV

Hurry up Thursday!
Why does Nintendo of Australia want me to suffer? D:

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

Shadowflash

BenAV wrote:

Hurry up Thursday!
Why does Nintendo of Australia want me to suffer? D:

If it makes you feel any better, mine hasn't even been shipped yet ...Hate you, Amazon. >.<

"Can you do that? Can you explode twice?!" -Spike

3DS FC: 1676-3897-8278

3DS Friend Code: 1676-3897-8278 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic