3DS Forum

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Showing 9,021 to 9,040 of 16,250

AuthorMessage
thelegendoflink

thelegendoflink

9,021. Posted:

lel

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

AuthorMessage
Tricoloryoshi

Tricoloryoshi

9,022. Posted:

I'm no COD player but aren't ballistic knives good or something?
At least, I think that's what my cousin said about ballistic knives... :-?
Uh, back on topic, staves take work to aim, as opposed to the Taurus arm where you just use Aries armour and just run up and kill them with hardly any effort.

Edited on by Tricoloryoshi

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9,023. Posted:

I lost... by a kill...

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Knuckles

Knuckles

9,024. Posted:

@TheLilk98 Those were great games! I truly hate your laser staff set up, but I am happy to have fought against an opponent as good as you. You are one of my hardest people to beat.

Edit: Personal word of advice, since you have energy charge on your laser staff, take it off. It seems completely broken to me, but I understand I'm being hypocritical, so I don't expect you to take it off. I used to use Energy Charge all of the time, but I'm now having more fun without it.

@tlol 3-2, the hardest Laser Staff Vs. Laser Staff battles of my life.

Edited on by Knuckles

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal
3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9,025. Posted:

@Knuckles You'll make a great sparring partner. BUT you know you've gotta win now, right?

P.S. What do you hate about it? and that last teleport made me rage XD

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton

9,026. Posted:

@Knuckles Good job, got farther than me.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
KiwiPanda

KiwiPanda

9,027. Posted:

Good games @Clay! I'm honestly surprised I've made it this far. All of our rounds were really close (For those wondering, I only won each because of value), especially the third, which I only got because of a Power-Up Drop and some quick powers.

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage
Knuckles

Knuckles

9,028. Posted:

@TheLilk98 I explained it in my edit.
And as for the last warp, I didn't try to stall, only live, but your aim made me carefully try to get back to you. Right as it went 2! 1! I fired 1 last desperate shot at you. So I did it to live, not win, since I thought we were 5-5, and you were going to win.
I'll fight my best, but @Ruceyod can beat me blindfolded.

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9,029. Posted:

@Tlol Wins:1st Round: Knuckles
2nd Round:Me
3rd Round:Knuckles
4th Round:Me
5th Round:Knuckles

EDIT:@Knuckles You would've won anyway, that time we tied you won because my staff had more mods.

Edited on by TheLilK98

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9,030. Posted:

I wonder if it would've turned out differently had I used my OTHER Samurai Blade...

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
taytrellz

taytrellz

9,031. Posted:

staves are cheap.
#realtalk.
If i face a 1 hit K.O. staff, then i should be able to use my 1 hit K.O taurus arm.

Nintendo 3DS FC 0817 5078 1985

Kid Icarus on Facebook? https://www.facebook.com/groups/520393284677184/

AuthorMessage
KiwiPanda

KiwiPanda

9,032. Posted:

@LiLK -
Let me just say that, no offense, I didn't think it would be too close. I've never heard of @Knuckles' Laser Staves rivaled, nonetheless you only landed a possible kill away from a win.
If it's okay with you, maybe tomorrow we can 1v1? I at least want the chance to play you.
Either way, good jobs again @Knuckles and @LiLK!
And @Taytrellz - I'm not trying to start an argument (I enjoy fighting anyone here), but Staves deal out tons of damage in return for no homing. Taurus Arms are like normal Melee weapons but with huge power. Or something along those lines.

Edited on by KiwiPanda

Previously RedPanda.
♭ ~Green is not a creative color~ ♪
SSBB FC- 3998-3139-7405
~
Backloggery
It's severely outdated, but I guess you can look at it if you want. (?)
~
Come visit Prof_Clayton's forums for some online fun~
~
[19:42] Groosey: i thought I killed you! >:[

Nintendo Network ID: ThatRedPandaKid

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9,033. Posted:

@taytrellz ORLY? Let's go right now. My laser staff v. your taurus arm. one match.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
taytrellz

taytrellz

9,034. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

@taytrellz ORLY? Let's go right now. My laser staff v. your taurus arm. one match.

the match is up.

Nintendo 3DS FC 0817 5078 1985

Kid Icarus on Facebook? https://www.facebook.com/groups/520393284677184/

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9,035. Posted:

@RedPanda Sure. I'm not offended, I haven't been here long enough to have the word spread on my skills. Funny thing is, I almost never use that staff.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
Knuckles

Knuckles

9,036. Posted:

@TheLilk98 You can best that Taurus Arm easily with your staff.

@taytrellz I'm personally fine with you using that arm occasionally, but not round after round after round. I only use my Laser Staff against you so much because that was my only weapon that could kill you in our 1st battles.

English: I'm intimated by you.

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage
Knuckles

Knuckles

9,037. Posted:

TheLilK98 wrote:

I wonder if it would've turned out differently had I used my OTHER Samurai Blade...

Is it the 308 one I fought before with Aries Armor?

Edit: I'm still shaken up from our match. You are one of the best I've ever played. The last person I extremely underestimated was @tlol, but you just took his spot on underestimated list. As soon as I saw your [MA] tag, I knew I was in for some hard fights.

@RedPanda His staff itself doesn't rival mine, but his power and skills with it do.

Edited on by Knuckles

The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9,038. Posted:

@Knuckles You know about [MA]? I was their co-founder XD My buddy still runs it. He and I are about even, but I use my best sets against him. I don't think so; my set doesn't have aries armor in it.

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage
thelegendoflink

thelegendoflink

9,039. Posted:

@Knuckles
Congrats, the brackets have been edited. Like Panda said, I was pretty sure you would win, just not that close against another Laser Staff user. And I don't get what you say about Energy Charge, are you saying it's brokenly good, or just unnecessary?
@taytrellz
Alright then, allow me to explain. First of all, staves take skill to be used, it requires the user to have great aiming skills, and to know and understand the terrain well, since they can't rely on Slip Shot + Homing to get hits. This means that there is a trade off, staves have amazing range, shot speed and damage in return for asking the user to play much more carefully. Next, you assume that the reason we think Taurus is bad is because of its ability to OCKO. If that was the case, we would be easily complaining about Bear Claws and Ogre Clubs instead, since they OCKO much easier. However, as I explained some posts earlier, Taurus is bad because it has all of the strengths it needs to be a broken melee weapon. First of all, it has a Melee Combo range of around 9m. This means a Taurus Arm user can just get a little close to another player and then just mash L until it dies. This also means breaking out of melee range is near impossible once the Taurus user is close. Next, it has enough speed to move quickly around every stage, while approaching opponents easily. Then comes the melee power thing, it can OCKO with little melee investment, which allows it to use more value for those dreadful tank sets. Finally, it has Dash Charge Shots with amazing cancellation, which practically shut down many kinds of mid-long range weapons. Oh, but how would a poor Taurus user deal with those awful staves? Well, they have enough speed to approach the staff user in little time, while they should have enough defense to take a close range hit if it's really necessary. In the end, the Taurus counters the staff, not backwards.
TL,DR: If you want to use taurus freely, play randoms.

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

AuthorMessage
TheLilK98

TheLilK98

9,040. Posted:

@taytrellz You were saying?

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery