Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Posts 681 to 700 of 16,251

Sonicman

Hmm... what did I miss?

Sonicman

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6552-4609 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicman1011

Ruceyod

@Sonicman
Yes, you can hide Libra Sponge on the bottom screen but on your character it shows some vapour effect like in comic books. The only other power that also do this is Energy Charge and from what I notice, Energy Charge hide any other passive powers so you're not fooling me, hehe.
You actually can get rid of stars from a field. Just reduce the value of the weapon with the desired modifier (to at least below 200), then make sure that you only have half a star to the field you want to get rid of. Finally scroll your weapons that are below 150 value until you find one that will rid of it. But, keep in mind that you can only do it with one high valued modifier. I tried keeping Shot Range+3 and Shot Homing+3 once but it wouldn't work. I haven't tried with many +1 modifiers (except Shot Cancellation) and I don't plan to.
I'm not sure if you're serious about those questions but ok here goes:
What's your favorite weapon? Pudgy Palm, it have amazing shot cancellation, awesome charge time, great homing, big area of effect, decent range but it's very weak in attack and also travel slows. I also don't like how it loses power when travelling at distance. It makes it's great homing pointless. The best part is...IT SHOTS BUBBLES!
What's your favorite staff? I'm not really big fan of staves but if I have to pick one it has to be Flintlock Staff. Unless the target spams dodge, it's pretty difficult to evade their shot. Dash shot are bigger so it's easier to hit someone.
What's your favorite melee weapon? Samurai Blade. A six stars melee+melee combo blade does a good 290 damage which is more than enough to OHKO an opponent assuming they don't have any defense boost. Also, it's melee combo goes faster than most weapons. I don't like claws for that. They take 5 hit to finish their combo and in the meantime someone can shoot you from behind. Here's the main reason why I'd pick Samurai Blade over Taurus Arm: The Samurai Blade have a better shot. It have homing to be specific. If someone is trying to escape from you, you can shoot them and slow him down. But Taurus Arm shoots straight shots which is easily dodgeable/predictable.
What's your favorite weapon type? I often change preferance but right now it's Palms. Great continuous fire shots. I've already been through Blades and Orbitars. I wonder what it'll be next...
what's your favorite solo weapon? I think Claws are best for Solo. I currently use a
Beam Claws
Value: 315
Ranged: ★★★★★
Shot Defense +4
Walking Speed+3
Backward-Dash Ch. Shot +1
Standing Cont. fire +3
Side-dash cont. fire +1
In-peril attack Boost +2
It's doing great on Intensity 9 runs. A good balance of defense and offense is very important. I chose Shot Defense over Overall defense because it has a lower value (so it's easier to fuse) and most enemies shoot at you. I don't bother with melee stars because you mostly shoot at enemies. I only have 3 chapters on Intensity 9!
Phew...

Edited on by Ruceyod

deviantArt

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6780-4216

Sonicman

@Ruceyod Wow! Thanks for all the education, I'll have to try some of those weapons !
@EveryoneIFoughtWith …Wow …Sorry for ruining the game :l… braces for hate messages.

Sonicman

Knuckles

[sighs, and says tired and ANNOYED] Good Games, but I AM SICK AND TIRED OFF 1-HIT KO'S! I almost give up every game, [the match I dropped out on in mid-game, something came up and I let the cpu take control. I didn't want to quit, it was my best match all night ], and I'm not even sure if I want to fight MOST OF YOU again.
[changea back to regular tone]
I think this is overkill, but this cry will most likely fall on deaf[or closed] ears:
Could you guys please use weapons that aren't 1 hit KO's? It would make playing much more fun

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Sonicman

@Knuckles Thinking of trashing my taurus arm, it IS a bit overkill :l. But all other weapons were just fine, we just need some better weapons (I need a non-overpowered weapon :l.)

Sonicman

Sonicman

BTW, tried handicaps numerous times, it didn't help :l.

Sonicman

Knuckles

@Sonicman Trust me, I don't hate you, its just I have been killed roughly 40 times in 5 battles, with only about 15 KO's total. I wouldn't mind you using your arm if you wouldn't constantly have defense shields up, which make it almost impossible to beat you.
Do you understand?
[Also I typed my angry message before you posted yours (3DS browser) so I wouldn't have been that harsh if I waited a few minutes ]

The Master Emeraloggery

Knuckles

@Sonicman No DON'T TRASH IT! Save it for random online play
Also I understand everyone else was alright, but say I'm already under heavy fire from @Prof_Clayton and usually the next two light hits will kill me

Any advice for me on weapons, based on my fighting style you guys have seen?

The Master Emeraloggery

Sonicman

@Knuckles Keeping the taurus, I'll just find a way to tone it down… Also, try a pudgy palm, ask Ruceyod for advice on one, he beat my taurus arm with a pudgy palm!

Sonicman

RPGShaymin

This... Is why we can't have nice things.
Seriously, at least change it up a bit.
And manipulating the CPU to 9 so you can get more powerful with your Libra Sponge is NOT cool.
I DID notice that you handicapped yourself when I used my Rose staff (the one that can do near 1000 damage), making me a bit more mad than I already was, but I do acknowledge that, but you really should just mix it up.
@Knuckles
Here are the best palms and orbitars. Best =most effective(=cheapest)
Viridi Palm is best Palm
Eyetrack Orbitars is best orbitars
Palms can be used with Transparency, and invisible shots for optimal "effectiveness".
Orbitars Can be used in tight maps with many walls at a distance with the use (abuse) of slip shot and energy charge.

Blades are easily the most balanced weapons (with the possible exception of the Samurai blade) So that might be a good first theme.
@Ruecyod
I can agree with you there for samurai blade, it's side dash cont. fire is so wide that it can stop most opponents, and can freeze still with freeze, and petrify, working on one if I need it.
I found that most opponents have closer to 300 health, worth looking for an exact number.
Now I HAVE to fight you.
EDIT: HOORAY FOR SKIMMING!
Centurion Orbitars:
Ch. 19
Defeat the Chariot Master and Clear the chapter in Crisis mode.
This one was annoying, if I remember. Especially if you fail...

Edited on by RPGShaymin

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

Spire

What are the most broken powers? Weapons?

3DS FC: 5370-0974-0375

Join The Royal Battalion today! (Kid Icarus: Uprising Clan)

http://3dsforums.com/kid-icarus-uprising-48/%5B-%5D-42322/

Knuckles

@RPGShaymin Thanks for the location! [I see annoyance in my future ] Also do I look like I need to use a balanced blade online? What were you trying to say, because I read that all wrong

@Spire Ask @Sonicman he's currently more annoying than @RPGShaymin's Staffs, [which I thought was next to impossible ]
@Sonicman I'm sorry for what I've said tonight. Are we good?

The Master Emeraloggery

RPGShaymin

@Knuckles
You're somewhat managing the multiplayer matches are you not?
I'm saying that a good first "theme" would be plades
plades are the pladest plades plade plade FUUUUUUUUUUUUU
Blades rarely 1 hit KO, making it a good first theme.

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

Spire

Meet my Burst Blade. >

3DS FC: 5370-0974-0375

Join The Royal Battalion today! (Kid Icarus: Uprising Clan)

http://3dsforums.com/kid-icarus-uprising-48/%5B-%5D-42322/

Sonicman

@Knuckles We're good .
@RPGShaymin Sorry for just one weapon, currently working on a nice flintlock staff, and angel bow. Also, have a burst blade with 6 stars range, and +6 overall defense that I've been using for solo, might make a nice samurai blade if we do blade theme :3. Again, sorry for the awesome taurus arm, it's just too powerful :l.

Sonicman

Knuckles

@RPGShaymin I do great when I play random people, but then I play guys like you and I am now struggling to survive. I would say I'm currently middle ground online (sadly)

And I don't have a problem with 1-hit KO's it's just I find if you use it too much you become annoying, not the challenge you were aiming to be

The Master Emeraloggery

Prof_Clayton

@Knuckles Sorry about all the constant fire! I usually just aim at the person nearest to me. (Unfortunately a lot of the time it is Sonicman and I don't realize).

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.