Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Posts 6,101 to 6,120 of 16,251

Knuckles

I'll try to make the Aurum games, but I doubt I'll have a working at my standard aurum weapon, so I have some claws that will do.

@3Dash Why do I feel in your Treasure Fish Magnus Club summary that you aimed that staff comment at me?

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

New_3DaSh_XL

@Knuckles Probably because it partly was, lol. You're the biggest staff user I know, I think, so most of my observation on the subject literally came from battling you. I actually made that over the summer, before I got my 3DS back.

But seriously, try a 100+m ranged weapon vs. a 10-16m ranged weapon, and guess who'll win most of the time(assuming it's a 1vs1).

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

Auracle

I'll join the Aurum games. I'm sure I can whip something up.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Auracle

@GamecubeMan - I'll add your FC then. Also, @Ideal_Hero got his Aurum Orbitars from me. I'm glad that they work well.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

RPGShaymin

I'll try to join.
Is it in tournament format?

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

thelegendoflink

I'll wait for Ideal Hero to answer, if not, then I could join.
Wait, RPG is in. Alright, I didn't have any good aurum or claw weapons anyways.
@3Dash
Long range weapons get countered by melee/short range ones, since the short range ones can use speed powers to close in on the long range ones, leaving them with no option but to escape somehow. The long range user has almost no chance to defeat the short range one when he closes in. This is especially true in a 1vs1 when there are no other external factors to impact the outcome.

Edited on by thelegendoflink

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

thelegendoflink

@Ideal_Hero
Yeah, read that wrong. I'll join you guys the next games.

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

GamecubeMan

RPGShaymin wrote:

I'll try to join.
Is it in tournament format?

7 games, person with the most points wins and with that all the spots are taken. Added you.
Dont worry people that didnt get a spot I'll make sure to host a 2nd Aurum Games and the people with the lowest total score wont be able to join the next one.

GCN 3.9
Gamecubeloggery
Forget the Nintendo seal of approval
My

3DS Friend Code: 1934-1104-3407 | Twitter:

Knuckles

thelegendoflink wrote:

@3Dash
Long range weapons get countered by melee/short range ones, since the short range ones can use speed powers to close in on the long range ones, leaving them with no option but to escape somehow. The long range user has almost no chance to defeat the short range one when he closes in. This is especially true in a 1vs1 when there are no other external factors to impact the outcome.

Thats why I like my laser staff. 224.6 Damage at 0.0 meters or 123.2 meters. I never have to worry about range power, just hitting my mark.
@3Dash Most of my choice weapons don't have homing, so its up to me to actually hit the mark, which means I have to account movement, wifi speed, not move the stylus off of my mark, etc. I use that as my way to be fair, since if I had good homing say sliptracks I would be a jerk. It is simple with a melee user isn't it, just get around the guy and connect? I can never grasp this, despite my hundreds of battles with Claws.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

New_3DaSh_XL

I think that was actually a big chunk of the reason I took up my Laser Staff; I actually have to aim. Which, most of my weapons up until now weren't like that, I could just aim in the general direction of an enemy and shoot. And while staves are powerful, you have to aim well to land your mark. So yes, I agree with what both you and @TLoL are saying, how the Melee counters the Ranged, and how they are both fair, you could say, in their own sense.

@Knuckles Yep, that's kinda how it works for Melee.
Btw, nice Palutena Bow.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward

New_3DaSh_XL

Idk what happened, but I got this gem
Aurum Palm
Ranged: ★
Melee: ★
Value: 224
Overall Defense +3
Shot Range +2
Side-Dash Charged Shot +2
In-Peril Autododge +1

I know this is incorrect, I posted this gem 2 weeks ago.

At least, that's what my most recent gem is. My 3DS also says I've already gotten the ge, and since it isn't the most recent one, I have no idea which it is. Could someone post for me please?

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward

Namco

When will there be new aurum games? I made an awesome aurumbow that i wanna try out

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Tricoloryoshi

The current aurum games are next Friday, the second aurum games have no set date thus far.

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.