Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Posts 5,301 to 5,320 of 16,251

thelegendoflink

No, it's clear the max value is 342.0. If you want some proof, or just want help with fusion, go to: http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/997768-kid-icarus-uprising/faqs/6...
@Ruceyod
Thanks for clearing some things up. Also, don't worry about this now, but I'm patiently waiting for my chance to battle you. And yes, I know you won't be able to in a while.

Edited on by thelegendoflink

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

Prof_Clayton

@tlol Ah you'd think that guide would be correct, but it has major flaws.
For example, they go on and on about how you cant remove melee or ranged stars completely (back to zero) when it really is possible, but difficult. I've done it.
@Sonicman Was the one to tell me that, I have noticed the guide is messed up be rereading it after he said it. They are trying to be smarter than they are.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

thelegendoflink

@Clayton
But the guide does say that it's possible to eliminate melee or ranged stars, just that it's really hard to do, so you're better off fusing only weapons with stars in a single category. Maybe you haven't read it all.

Prof_Clayton

@tlol Some of the values near the bottom seem way off. And in their salty sea dog weapon at the bottom, they said in a ffa you die every 20 seconds or so. I dont know about you guys, but if you have that much skill you shouldnt be dying 9 times in 3 minutes. >.< Thats more than all us.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com

thelegendoflink

Prof_Clayton wrote:

@tlol Some of the values near the bottom seem way off.

Could you point to some that look wrong? From what I've seen, they seem mostly correct, although I haven't tested them all, so I could be wrong.

Prof_Clayton wrote:

And in their salty sea dog weapon at the bottom, they said in a ffa you die every 20 seconds or so. I dont know about you guys, but if you have that much skill you shouldnt be dying 9 times in 3 minutes. >.< Thats more than all us.

It's needed for the set to work. Everytime you die, you regain some of your powers, so that set would allow you to constantly get every item on the map and then double it. Since the value would be so low because of the negative modifiers, your deaths wouldn't matter much. It sounds like it would be fun for a while, although I don't care enough to make a weapon like that.

Prof_Clayton

@tlol Well, I'd think ranged and melee for starters would be the same value, maybe not.
EDIT 1: I guess this is true, weird. Prob. diff. strengths)
And come on, in kiu there is no way to have 4 medusa heads lined up. >.< I mean, if you got 1 and then used double item its 2. But the items seem to fall in a certain order, you always get the same number of all. (I've never seen 2 of the same items appear within a minute).
I'm just saying use the guide as that, a guide, not an exact reference. It will work, but some parts are questionable.
EDIT 2: Also, they say to take 2 100 value weapons and make a weapon with half star ranged.
...Excuse me? I've been buying every single 100 value weapon and fusing them, never gotten melee. And then they go on to say they made a weapon with this? >.>

Edited on by Prof_Clayton

Welcome to my signature.

thelegendoflink

Prof_Clayton wrote:

And come on, in kiu there is no way to have 4 medusa heads lined up. >.< I mean, if you got 1 and then used double item its 2. But the items seem to fall in a certain order, you always get the same number of all. (I've never seen 2 of the same items appear within a minute).

Well, I'm pretty sure I've seen two medusa heads at the same time without anyone carrying double item. I may be wrong, though. This is one I will have to test out.

Prof_Clayton wrote:

EDIT 2: Also, they say to take 2 100 value weapons and make a weapon with half star ranged.
...Excuse me? I've been buying every single 100 value weapon and fusing them, never gotten melee. And then they go on to say they made a weapon with this? >.>

anecdotal evidence
It depends on the fusion groups of the weapons, I think. That's the one big thing that isn't explained in the guide, as the autor says there may be a tendency to pass on something depending on the weapon. You should better ask Ruceyod about that, though. But I can state for a fact I've gotten both Melee stars and Range stars fusing 100 value weapons.

Prof_Clayton

@tlol Okay fine. >.> But I just dont trust parts of that guide.
More importantly @everyone I've discovered in a random ffa with 2 people set at 3 minutes (will investigate others as well) that a cartain amount and number of items will drop.
Heres how it goes:
Match begins.
During the next minute exactly, approx 20 items will drop. (Havent counted).
If these dropped items are all used up within a minute, no new items will fall until the minute s over.
The items that fall are always the exact same every minute, I believe with different respawn spots.
If an item hasnt fallen in the first minute, it will not appear for the battle.

I am going to also see if certain items appear on which courses (ex: centurions not falling on windy wasteland (NOT PROVEN JUST AN EXAMPLE)).

And so @Juan the user of the medusa heads would have had to hold on to one for a minute, use it (with double item) grab the other one and use it.
All this from a person who dies every 20 seconds sounds a little fishy to me.

Welcome to my signature.

thelegendoflink

Prof_Clayton wrote:

@tlol Okay fine. >.> But I just dont trust parts of that guide.

And I'm ok with that, I just wanted to see what exactly was wrong with that guide, so we know what we can trust.

Prof_Clayton wrote:

And so @Juan the user of the medusa heads would have had to hold on to one for a minute, use it (with double item) grab the other one and use it.
All this from a person who dies every 20 seconds sounds a little fishy to me.

Therefore, it is indeed possible. He just said he did it once, so now we know he wasn't necessarily lying.

Edited on by thelegendoflink

Prof_Clayton

Okay, decreasing the items in options decreases the speed at whuch they appear.
All items seem to appear on all courses, providing fair play.
Although It was hard to count in those games, it is about 25 different items, about 5 food.
Good Games @Juan and @Tri!

Welcome to my signature.

Happy_Mask

Statistics of item rates and weapon values? Is that necessary?

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Tricoloryoshi

Happy_Mask wrote:

Statistics of item rates and weapon values? Is that necessary?

Of course not, that's just the way they are.
Though, I suppose this information could be of use, :-? I just can't think of how.

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

Ruceyod

I've never heard a rumor about a 355 valued weapon. Then again, I visited communities in so long. The highest I seen is 342. A Drill Arm and a pair of EyeTrack Orbitars. The highest I owned were 341.

@Happy_Mask Thank you for confirming!

@thelegendoflink Why me exactly...? I haven't play for 3 months now, my reflexes are probably rotten -feels insecure- ._.
I might be back once I finish
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Denpaman
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Pokémon W2
Video games became a chore for me...
Then there's Art trades and that KIU website...

@Prof_Clayton I was under the same impression about the items but I didn't bother studying it -shame on me-

deviantArt

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6780-4216

LyIa

Fear the return of the sushi.
Again!
And then fear my leave.
Again!

So I don't play KI:U anymore. I recently got Black 2 and decided to check on this thread because I keep leaving :T And returning for 2 days, then leaving again for a month. Then rise and repeat.
Any tips on getting back in the game? I love KIU but KIU doesn't love me back. :,C

all men are kings 👑

Prof_Clayton

@SushifreAK You could do a lot of things, like:
Just try to post daily.
Join a KI:U Clan.
But what do you mean it "doesnt love you back"? If that means you feel bad at it, just make it a point to join in on some games with us and you'll get better.

Welcome to my signature.

Ruceyod

@Knuckles Why would you brag about someone's else skills...?
I thought our best was @LJM

@sushifreAk Sell all your other games. You'll eventually force yourself to play it. That's pretty much what happened to me. It first took me 2 weeks to get into KI:U. I didn't like the game at first, the control were awkward for me but it was my only game besides BlazBlue and OoT3D.

In case you'll take it badly, it's a joke. Of course, you're not going to sell all your games.

Edited on by Ruceyod

deviantArt

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6780-4216

thelegendoflink

Ruceyod wrote:

@thelegendoflink Why me exactly...?

Well, like Knuckles said, you're pretty much a legend here because of your fusing and fighting skills. But don't feel pressured, I'm just saying that for when you have time.

Ruceyod wrote:

Video games became a chore for me...

Yeah, that's definitely bad. Your hobby should never become a chore, or else it isn't doing it's job very well. Actually, KIU was the game that restored my faith in videogames, since I was getting pretty bored of them before that.

Tricoloryoshi

I've never thought of video games as chores, I guess that makes me lucky from what I've heard, though I spend more time doing things that involve games than I do actually playing them.
Maybe I should change that habit. :-?

Three#1658
Kid Icarus Uprising Multiplayer Discord: https://discord.gg/aaewMv2
https://backloggery.com/Tricoloryoshi
NNID: Tricoloryoshi
3DS: 1332-8860-5661

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.