Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Posts 2,781 to 2,800 of 16,251

Joeynator3000

Well I didn't feel like posting its full name, what other boss has Treasure in its name anyways?
But yeah it seemed it was covering the whole platform for me. T.T
Guess I'll check it out again soon.

Prof_Clayton wrote:

@knuckles Platinum is elite status.
@sonicman oh. Then I guess they did mess up. Worked for me perfect though.
@Eureka breif invincibility and run right through it.

I thought it DESTROYS the platform? xD

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Sonicman

@Knuckles Specific weapons. I like weapons with high power and homing. Range needs to be decent (50m at least w/o shot range.) Fast shots are a must. Cancellation is nice. I'm looking into bows... and my cat is biting me O.o.

Sonicman

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6552-4609 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicman1011

Knuckles

@Sonicman I personally perfer a hawkeye bow, but I'm biased because I got that online and used it to play through...... most of the chapters. It had 5 stars, and was 270
As for fast shots? Try the meteor bow. Very fast uncharged shots, great homing w/o shot homing. Tear_Bear uses a strategy like this. Shot Range+3, Shot Homing+3, Effect Duration+4, uses playing dead, and energy charge. Probably ran out of space for slip shot

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Ruceyod

@Sonicman You're asking for a lot. Maybe Thanatos Staff or Lancer? Sag Bow or Fortune? I can't verify right now, my 3DS battery die faster than batteries from a 1$ dollar store.

deviantArt

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6780-4216

Sonicman

@Ruceyod I've been looking into the fortune bow, it has a balance of everything good in a bow. I'm mainly wanting to be able to OHKO without Energy Charge.
@Knuckles Noted.

Sonicman

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6552-4609 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicman1011

Ruceyod

@Knuckles But I could be spending my money on games instead, tough choice. What I need is a better place for my charger. It's currently between a water machine and a coffee machine. The number of times my family spilled water/coffee on my 3DS is atrocious.

BTW, TearBear uses Shot Range, Effect Duration, Standing Continuous Fire, not Shot Homing if I recall correctly. Pretty sure he use Slip Shot as well.
I have Shot Homing on my Meteor Bow and I feel like it isn't necessary, I think I'll trade it for Effect Duration. I use the powers Paying Dead+Jump Glide, it's fun.

@Sonicman OHKO without Energy Charge...most staves do that but they don't have homing. I THINK Cragalanche and Rail Cannon works, ugh I hate being unsure. A lot of Clubs. I use SkyCrapper, HewDraw and Magnus Club, all of them have OHKO potientiel without EC. Centurion Orbitars.

@Prof_Clayton Welcome back! I wanted to ask you about MK7, do you prefer to have 1 red drift boost or 2 blue drift boost? I would always go for 2 blues in the spammable MKs due to fear of being interrupted.

Edited on by Ruceyod

deviantArt

Prof_Clayton

Ruceyod wrote:

@Knuckles But I could be spending my money on games instead, tough choice. What I need is a better place for my charger. It's currently between a water machine and a coffee machine. The number of times my family spilled water/coffee on my 3DS is atrocious.

BTW, TearBear uses Shot Range, Effect Duration, Standing Continuous Fire, not Shot Homing if I recall correctly. Pretty sure he use Slip Shot as well.
I have Shot Homing on my Meteor Bow and I feel like it isn't necessary, I think I'll trade it for Effect Duration. I use the powers Paying Dead+Jump Glide, it's fun.

@Sonicman OHKO without Energy Charge...most staves do that but they don't have homing. I THINK Cragalanche and Rail Cannon works, ugh I hate being unsure.

@Prof_Clayton Welcome back! I wanted to ask you about MK7, do you prefer to have 1 red drift boost or 2 blue drift boost? I would always go for 2 blues in the spammable MKs due to fear of being interrupted.

Well it really depends on the turn. If its short and little turn I'll get blue. If its medium in length and little turn I'll do 2 red if I can get it. Long in length usually red or 2. However I may do a red and blue combo, or like on toad circuit, red, red, and red or blue. [und]confusing[/und]
Just really do whichever seems better in the situation. Like if you are holding a banana your'e fine. Take a long turn and get red. But if someone has a red shell and you are open, try starting to drift and release before it hits you. I personally find it hard to teach mk techniques because the VRs seperate people. The lowest VRs like 1000-2000 are really the same bad people who lose every other time. No form, dont even drift. When you get up to 3000-6000 I find everyone is rude and aggressive. They will bump you off the track every chance possible, and spam items like crazy in a desperate attempt to win. Over 10000 VR everyone who is left is "classy". Nobody just hurriedly trying to get 10,000 is left. Everyone is fast, and relies more on technique than items. So now I have no problems with cheap shots.
BTW, did I answer your question? Hard to explain.
@Knuckles man was that weird. My team won almost every time. 0.0. 1st I join my friend BLU. 3 on 1. I win with P. Arm with 18 kills 1 death. I win next round alone again with a value 196 darkness bow. Then you and Beast (Fernando) join. We destroy . Everyone (I didnt know everyone else) left. I beat you and Fernando By myself. Thats a shock to me, because he destroys me, and you are very good too. btw I love your staff. But I can see you when you play dead. I shot through you a few times to freak you out.
Sorry if I talked everyones ear off. (Or typed your eyes off.)

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

TeeJay

Quick question for anyone who can answer: What's the difference between Health and Full Health Boost?

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Prof_Clayton

I think full health boost gives you more health TeeJay. Although I think you got that.
@Ruceyod feel free to join me in mk7. In the 10,000 VR range 6th place gives you like 5-6 VR sometimes. So you could learn little tricks and get VR. Or anyone else.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com

Ruceyod

@TeeJay Health increases your HP %. Full Health Boost gives you attack boost and speed boost when your HP is at max. It's like the opposite of In-Peril Boost.

deviantArt

TeeJay

Ohhhh, okay. Thanks. Then Health is a much better choice for a weapon made for tackling level 9 solo missions.

I currently have claws with Overall Defense +5, Recovery Effect +3, and Health +2 for that. Just forged them. Just wanted to know if I made the right choice in going for Health and not Full Heath Boost.

Edited on by TeeJay

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

Ruceyod

Yes, your weapon is BEAUTIFUL. Perfect for Intensity 9. Full Health Boost is best for the no damage achievement .

deviantArt

TeeJay

Ruceyod wrote:

Yes, your weapon is BEAUTIFUL. Perfect for Intensity 9. Full Health Boost is best for the no damage achievement .

Wow, thanks!One more thing I've been wondering: Are your weapon's Overall Defense, Health and Recovery Effect attributes in affect during the air segments?

Edited on by TeeJay

Ruceyod

Yes it does. In Air Segment, your shots count as Standing. Your weapon's stats also affect the Sacred Treasure and Magnus.

deviantArt

Prof_Clayton

@Ruceyod Sorry my WiFi is struggling to support my 3ds and my mom's laptop for her online business. And now it won't let me join you. All 4 times.
btw If you press R as you go off a ramp, small ledge, or even the speed boos blue pad (for flying) you get a speed boost. Also try the small wheels for good handling (turning).

Welcome to my signature.

TeeJay

Ruceyod wrote:

Yes it does. In Air Segment, your shots count as Standing. Your weapon's stats also affect the Sacred Treasure and Magnus.

Magnus too? Now I'm more ready to retry that chapter.

EDIT: Whoa! There's a huge difference between Overall defense+4 and Overall defense +5! (My previous weapon had Overall defense +4) Level 9 damage received is like level 7!

Edited on by TeeJay

Prof_Clayton

@Ruceyod See? Massive VR farming. Although the amount given out lowers as lower VR people come in. You were getting on a roll as I left!

Welcome to my signature.

Ruceyod

@Prof_Clayton Wait, you can spectate without joining the game?!
I didn't know the R trick...thank you for sharing! My bro was making fun of me because apparently it's been there since MKWii...BTW he was Loolix28.
Thanks for the races! I was awful at first as we raced more, I instinctively drift like I did in MKDS even though it doesn't work. But it helped me get pumped up.

deviantArt

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.