Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Posts 221 to 240 of 16,251

geneon101

Knuckles wrote:

@geneon101 BTW about your job, are you a video game tester? I would only like a yes or no answer and it's up to you to say more if you want to,
Also tomorrow is Day 35 @geneon101!

lol i wish. what made you think that jw?
just a simple job atm. work in dietary at a nursing home
idm sharing
[planning on getting a tech position soon. dietary is just a job for me, not a career]

also aww yeah, im stoked

Edited on by geneon101

click profile to see social media
http://tinyurl.com/5rjpll

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8488-0729

Knuckles

@geneon101 Well, you said you were playing Diablo lll beta version, and I asked my friends, and we all thought that the beta was a prototype version. Also the game you mentioned you had to play on Saturday made me think that.
Don't we all wish we were videogame testers?

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

geneon101

Knuckles wrote:

@geneon101 Well, you said you were playing Diablo lll beta version, and I asked my friends, and we all thought that the beta was a prototype version. Also the game you mentioned you had to play on Saturday made me think that.
Don't we all wish we were videogame testers?

rofl ah i see
nah its just open betas to all. and beta is kinda like prototype. to a extent.
betas are usually a trial version of a game for a company. betas are usually experimental and often have problems w/ them but it helps the designers run tests and make them better so the final version is better and without game killing bugs before launch.

geneon101

Knuckles wrote:

do you and @geneon101 have swapnote? We could message back and forth? It's Free...

yeah i have it

skywake

All of these "tricks" and "glitches" found by @Sherman aren't really that surprising. The fact that streetpass works even when your game isn't in the system is one of the main advantages of that feature as opposed to the DS version of streetpass. For that to work it obviously has to store the data somewhere other than the cartridge. This is hardly a surprising discovery and I've been doing it since I got Super Mario 3D Land.

Then there's the fact that quite often people share games. I'd argue that it's the main reasons for multiple saves. It makes sense then that the streetpass data doesn't care what cartridge or system is being used even if it doesn't NEED to be that nice to us. That way my save file can interact with my friend's save file without any problems assuming we have separate 3DSes. This would also make it easier if you got a new system somewhere down the line. Why doesn't it let you streetpass all save files at once? Well that wouldn't be very fair would it! Presumably the last save played is the one that will "broadcast the gem" by simply putting that gem on the SD card.

On time travelling... that doesn't make as much sense. I had assumed the spotpass stuff was downloaded from the interwebs so timetravelling shouldn't necessarily work. Maybe instead of simply sending you data (like how Mario Kart 7 works with Ghost data) they are doing some kind of handshake thing. Maybe the date is used like a key for a hash function when the spotpass happens and the server at the other end responds with a corresponding gem. Whatever you're doing you still need hearts to unlock the gems so it's hardly that much of an advantage. Timetravelling is often much cheaper than this

Oh.... and if you want cheap hearts go to youtube and look up videos of Kid Icarus AR cards

edit:
Actually I have a feeling that even Mario Kart does something smarter than simply receiving data. I have a feeling that there are different set of ghosts sent depending on what your times are. Now that would be an interesting thing to try and work out!

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Sherman

skywake wrote:

All of these "tricks" and "glitches" found by @Sherman aren't really that surprising

I know, man. I even said it at the very beginning...

Sherman wrote:

Ok, something awesome just happened! In case you already know this, which I think you already know...

It really surprises that no one knew but because I just got my 3DS like a month and a half ago and my first game was KI:U, which I got 7 days ago. And 4 days ago I discovered this. I just got stoked 'cause I'm reaaaally new at 3DS and KI:U. I actually agree with you: "hardly a surprising discovery", It took me 1 day to find out all of this. The same day I found out about StreetPass Gems was the day I formulated all this glitches. So, yeah, it's not that hard, hehe.

The one I'd really like to duplicate is the one with Palutenas Gems. Those are special Gems, so, it'd be good to get that one straight. And don't worry, @Knuckles, we are all here to help each other.

And... SwapNotes is awesome! XD

If you ever wanna speak about videogames...

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6394-7559 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherman.exe

geneon101

Day: 35
Name: Twinbellows Cannon
Ranged: ★★
Melee: ★★★★
Value: 271
Buffs: Status resistance +3
Burning +2
Forward-dash cont. fire +4
Melee dash attack +2
Gem to Weapon: -33800
Gem to Hearts: +226

geneon101

Sherman wrote:

And... SwapNotes is awesome! XD

^man has some mad swapnote drawing skills

@everyone
for those who use/have used swap note, whats up with us having to use 10 play coins to use the voicenote/picture sending tools of this. rip off
.____________________________________________.

geneon101

Knuckles wrote:

@geneon101 It's Nintendo's way off making us carry the system around 24/7 to get coins
Also thanks for posting the gem!

I know! @Sherman has a great artistic skills! I take it he drew you a pic of a epic ninja? Take a guess at what @Sherman drew me?

anytime i enjoy doing it
lol cept i do the date change and farm coins. just went from 180+ to around 40ish via KI:U and mii plaza.

and surprisingly no, it was of...a bowling ball knocking over some pins. but it looks awesome

also @Sherman if your going to make awesome drawings for us you should set your:
Attachment Saving Allowed
[Yes] No

if its not already

Edited on by geneon101

Sherman

Thanks, I try to do my best. I've seen some awesome SwapNote drawing on the net, so I want to do something like that one day =D

@Knuckles, yours was the first big drawing I tried to make. Sadly, I wrote a lot before the the drawing and ran out of ink XD

@geneon101, Your drawing was more complete. Learning from the previous mistake, I focused on the picture. It was something random, I know; I just wanted play with the depth and some kind of clash. That's why XD

I do have the Attachment Saving Allowed on "Yes". But i think that's for the sounds and images only. I don't thing theres a way to export the drawing or the note itself =/

Knuckles

Day 36
Meteor Bow
Ranged ★★★
Melee ★☆
Value 205
Standing Continuous Fire +3
Melee Combo +1
Gem to Weapon -9100 [Looks affordable...]
Gem to Hearts +90

Edited on by Knuckles

The Master Emeraloggery

Sherman

My Friend converted his Palutenas Beam Claw Gem to weapon. Then I thought that maybe if he shared that weapon as a Gem, some stats would be different. At least the hearts. Well, it's almost the same. The only difference is the " Gem to Hearts". Instead of +59 is +35. I guees it's the same for all the weapons.

Knuckles

Hey @Everyone, This Sunday is our first ever Spotpass Weapon Gem Forum Tournament! This will be either a Free for All [My Preference] or a Light V.S. Dark Battle!

There are 6 spaces and 4 openings, @Sherman, @7ATalavera, both politely declined due to experience, so they are still 4 spaces open. And a reminder to the others I have invited to this "Festive Little Bloodbath"
@sushifreAk, @iphys, @RPGShaymin You have one day to: 1) decline or 2) exchange friend codes and get Ready to Rumble!
1. Knuckles
2. geneon101
Also any open spaces will be filled with braindead computers, and you shouldn't kill them, ( why? Cheap Points) unless one starts to seriously try and kill you, and no a point blank miss doesn't count >
But say you almost have no health and the CPU tries to kill you... DESTROY THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Master Emeraloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.