Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Posts 161 to 180 of 16,251

Sherman

Hi, everyone!

I just got my KI:U two days ago, didn'i know about the free spotpass gems until I came across this thread searching info about streetpass gems. I didn't get saturdays and sundays beacuse, as I already said, didn't know about this... and not even mention that I just lost a whole month of free weapons. Anyway, this has been very helpfull and I want to contribute too. I already got todays gem, so here it goes:

Day 32
Samurai Blade
Ranged: ★★
Melee: -
Value: 222
Confusion +1
Stamina +4
Melee combo +2
Melee dash attack +4
Gem to Weapons -12300
Gem to Hearts +119

I read, in "page 2" I think, that this was a good one. You even pulled an april fool's prank with this one. Well, that's it for now. Regards from México. Keep the awesome work, guy.

P.S: If somethings wrong, just let me know to edit it.

Edited on by Sherman

If you ever wanna speak about videogames...

3DS Friend Code: 4081-6394-7559 | Nintendo Network ID: Sherman.exe

Sherman

Ok, something awesome just happened! In case you already know this, which I think you already know; but here it goes in case someone starts reading from this page onwards:

I just got the Samurai Blade twice!

This is how I think this happened:
Long story short, I was trying to get the other free weapons, so I though: "Maybe if I change my 3DS date...", so I did. Changed to yesterdays date and put it in sleep mode. Two minutes after that, I turned it back to todays date, 'couse I hate when some notification arrives with another date. Left it back in sleep mode and wrote the post about Samurai Blade. As I was finishing it, the blue led blinked... (OMG =D). Reopened my 3DS, and ther it was, the little blue dot of happyness next to pit's face. Ran KI:U, went to check my Gems and yeap, I had 2 Samurai Blades (Yaaaaay!).

Conclusions:
It seems that If you change yor date, when the 3DS make contact with this arms dealer server, it checks your date. If the date is different from the one from the last time you got your weapon, it sends you another one.
I don't know if, in case I would have gotten my second weapon with yesterdays date, I would have gotten yesterdays weapon; remember I changed back my 3DS's date to the actual date before I got the second weapon. Well, I think this is not the case. I think the server just check it has passed a day since you got your last weapon and then it sends you the weapon of the actual day.

So, if my conclusions are right, you can get lots of the weapon of the day. I think I'll investigate a little more on the subject... or maybe you already know all of this, and I'm just excited over somthing the whole world knows, hahaha.

geneon101

@Sherman ha epic. going to def do it if it works
have you been able to re-create the event again?

click profile to see social media
http://tinyurl.com/5rjpll

3DS Friend Code: 2191-8488-0729

Undead_terror

Sherman wrote:

Ok, something awesome just happened! In case you already know this, which I think you already know; but here it goes in case someone starts reading from this page onwards:

I just got the Samurai Blade twice!

This is how I think this happened:
Long story short, I was trying to get the other free weapons, so I though: "Maybe if I change my 3DS date...", so I did. Changed to yesterdays date and put it in sleep mode. Two minutes after that, I turned it back to todays date, 'couse I hate when some notification arrives with another date. Left it back in sleep mode and wrote the post about Samurai Blade. As I was finishing it, the blue led blinked... (OMG =D). Reopened my 3DS, and ther it was, the little blue dot of happyness next to pit's face. Ran KI:U, went to check my Gems and yeap, I had 2 Samurai Blades (Yaaaaay!).

Conclusions:
It seems that If you change yor date, when the 3DS make contact with this arms dealer server, it checks your date. If the date is different from the one from the last time you got your weapon, it sends you another one.
I don't know if, in case I would have gotten my second weapon with yesterdays date, I would have gotten yesterdays weapon; remember I changed back my 3DS's date to the actual date before I got the second weapon. Well, I think this is not the case. I think the server just check it has passed a day since you got your last weapon and then it sends you the weapon of the actual day.

So, if my conclusions are right, you can get lots of the weapon of the day. I think I'll investigate a little more on the subject... or maybe you already know all of this, and I'm just excited over somthing the whole world knows, hahaha.

awsome,free hearts then

Sp00ky scary skeleton back to play games and dew other fine things indead!
The Graveyard (Backloggery) l Nintendo ID: Undead_terror

Switch Friend Code: SW-8251-5734-1036 | 3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | My Nintendo: Undead_terror | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror | Twitter:

Sherman

No. Sadly, my battery died and I'm at work and I forgot the AC adapter at home. Two of my co-workers have 3DS, one is on vacations and the other didn't bring it with him. I even wanted to post some pics to proof this, but well... damn battery. I´ll try to re-created as soon as I get home. If any of you can do it to confirm it, that would be great.

I'm gonna post the pic of the double Samurai Blade first, before I try to re-create this.

I'm new here, so, can I post pics? Or do I have to upload it to a server and post the link?

Sherman

My co-worker's sad/mad becouse he has KI:U since 3 weeks ago and dind't know about the Palutena gems 'til a few hours ago when I told him and still cat get any. I got my KI:U only 3 days ago, got my first Palutena gem before him and discovered this multiple gems thing and got a second Samurai Blade. Now he's all: "Great, you just broke Kid Icarus!", hahahaha.

Knuckles

@Sherman Welcome to NintendoLife and this Magnificant Spotpass Weapon Forum!
I didnt know about the neat little glitch, but let me handle the tests, alright? I would hate for any of you guys to lose a gem on a one time spook, and not get any gems at a later date because of this...
Also thanks for posting for me, but I perfer it for users to ask first, as I usually am not able to post until 3:00 PM/ 15:00 PST, but Thanks! I understand you didnt know
@geneon 101 I might need your help posting, because I'm going to try the glitch, and I dont know if that will affect my ability to get gems... but I will let you know if i can or not. Also I will need you to post for me on Thursday, Day 35. Can you do that?

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Sherman

Roger, @Knuckles. Won't post the weapon of the day again. I will keep trying to duplicate gems though. I have nothing to lose, just have the two Samurai Blades and one from streetpassing my friend. I'll do it in the name of getting this right and to share my findings on the matter and not to urge anyone else to try it. So, as Knuckles said, everyone, wait until it's proven safe =)

tripunktoj

I recieved today's weapon gem, with no problems... Any idea on why I got a gray "??? gem" yesterday instead of the Hewdraw Club gem? Or why I cant change this one into a weapon? Any help would be much appreciated.

tripunktoj

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | My Nintendo: tripunktoj | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj

Sherman

A gray one? I just got these two Samurai Blades yellow gems and this orange one from my friend. I thought that al Palutenas gems were yellow and streetpass gems were orange... I'm soooo new at this, hahaha. Thank God for this forum XDDD

tripunktoj

Before yesterday I had only seen blue, green, yellow, orange and red, and as I understand it the higher the weapon value and heart cost, the closer its gem color gets to the red end of the color spectrum... which confuses me even more regarding this unusable gray gem displaying name, value, stats and heart cost as "???"

Edited on by tripunktoj

tripunktoj

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8667-6861 | My Nintendo: tripunktoj | Nintendo Network ID: tripunktoj

iphys

If it's grey, then you haven't unlocked that weapon yet. It also gives you fewer hearts for grinding if you haven't unlocked it.

http://backloggery.com/iphys

3DS Friend Code: 1504-5686-7557 | Nintendo Network ID: iphys_eh

tripunktoj

@iphys: Thank you very much, I have been busy with other games and havent played this one, I assume this weapons are unlocked as you progress through story mode and various difficulties, right? Willl the Hewdraw Club gem I got yesterday display correctly once I unlock the weapon, or only future Hewdraw Club gems recieved?

Edited on by tripunktoj

tripunktoj

geneon101

Knuckles wrote:

@Sherman Welcome to NintendoLife and this Magnificant Spotpass Weapon Forum!
I didnt know about the neat little glitch, but let me handle the tests, alright? I would hate for any of you guys to lose a gem on a one time spook, and not get any gems at a later date because of this...
Also thanks for posting for me, but I prefer it for users to ask first, as I usually am not able to post until 3:00 PM/ 15:00 PST, but Thanks! I understand you didnt know

agreed welcome its pretty cozy here

Knuckles wrote:

@geneon101 I might need your help posting, because I'm going to try the glitch, and I dont know if that will affect my ability to get gems... but I will let you know if i can or not. Also I will need you to post for me on Thursday, Day 35. Can you do that?

i think that you'll be fine imma try it later tonight as well
yeah no prob | im actually off work tomorrow so it will be up around 7am. lol

Sherman wrote:

My co-worker's sad/mad because he has KI:U

only one of my friends has this amazing game as well :

Sherman wrote:

No. Sadly, my battery died and I'm at work and I forgot the AC adapter at home

you should get the nyko battery pak+ i highly recommend it

Sherman wrote:

I'm new here, so, can I post pics? Or do I have to upload it to a server and post the link?

if they are your pic you have to upload them to a picture hosting site and then paste us the link. but if they are already on net then just paste that link. i suggest photobucket for pics. and tinyurl.com to shorten those long urls down for us

Edited on by geneon101

RPGShaymin

@Knuckles and @geneon101 Thanks!
I was so tired when I posted that, I'm still racking my brain on how I managed to use mincemeat coherently , but I digress.
I'll try to do it with every new weapon, but streamline it a bit.
So I'll try this one... Shouldn't take long.

Sherman wrote:

Day 32
Samurai Blade
Ranged: ★★
Melee: -
Value: 222
Confusion +1
Stamina +4
Melee combo +2
Melee dash attack +4
Gem to Weapons -12300
Gem to Hearts +119

I won't put much recommendation into this one. A Samurai Blade is focused towards melee power, and using side dashes to slow and freeze opponents to get close. This is a good thing, as it works as kind of middle ground between clubs and arms. In this case though, you are doing around 116 damage of (correct me if I'm wrong) 300 base health of an opponent with a whole blade combo. This is pretty bad*, but could be worse thanks to the melee combo +2 modifier. The melee dash attack +4 is pretty good, dealing 158 damage, which will also usually put on that confusion status thanks to that modifier. Though the main reason this weapon is so valuable is because of it's stamina +4 modifier, and it's pretty awesome. You can run just around 200... I wanna say meters, but the game doesn't really say a measurement in the practice range. I digress, you can run about 1 and 1/3 times the entire practice range before tiring. This is VERY good for a melee pursuit weapon such as the Samurai Blade, but the melee shortcomings are a bit obvious, making this a bit hard to recommend for online play, sadly. I do however recommend taking it for that sweet stamina boost, and try fusing it with a decent pair of claws that will carry it over onto a club, preferably if the claws have a speed boost.
(A bit better)
*EDIT: I pulled out my Samurai Blade with a 2 star melee, and a single combo did exactly 116 damage, the same as the spotpass one. The melee dash didn't even do close to the spotpass one, doing only 114 damage, so I guess it isn't as bad as I said it was. If you DO want to use it, try using darkness, or a combo of petrification, and ice status at the same time to be more likely to get one or the or the other to hold the fleeing enemy in place. You could also counter, Aeries/Super, or brief invincibility to go in for the pursue without getting constantly knocked back. I personally fused them with some Bear Claws I had lying around and made a pretty sweet Arum Club, that has the coveted Stamina boost, along with the melee combo boost, so I still recommend making it to fuse it.

Edited on by RPGShaymin

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

Knuckles

7ATalavera wrote:

@iphys: Thank you very much, I have been busy with other games and havent played this one, I assume this weapons are unlocked as you progress through story mode and various difficulties, right? Willl the Hewdraw Club gem I got yesterday display correctly once I unlock the weapon, or only future Hewdraw Club gems recieved?

It only depends on how far you are in the Game, for instance, you can use the Hewdraw Club once you reach CHAPTER 3

Also, I thought I responded to your cry for help yesterday? Did anyone see that or did I not save my post? Most likely it just didn't save

I also want to state again, if you want to post, just ask me ahead of time, perferibly before i post the Day's weapon

But seriously if you want to post, ask, and you can do that days or the next, doesn't really matter to me as long as the day's weapon
gets posted!
@geneon101 Thanks for having my back on Thursday!
Also you joined nintendolife for this forum right? If you did then to my knowledge, @sushifreAk, @Sherman and you all joined foe this forum [Please correct me if i am wrong]

@iphys Nice to see you post again, just lurking in the shadows i take it?

It's nice to see everyone helping eachother

The Master Emeraloggery

geneon101

Knuckles wrote:

@geneon101 Thanks for having my back on Thursday!
Also you joined nintendolife for this forum right? If you did then to my knowledge, @sushifreAk, @Sherman and you all joined foe this forum [Please correct me if i am wrong]

anytime
yeah i joined just for this thread

Knuckles

@geneon101 Thats good to know! But you do know this is one of the best Nintendo Gaming Sites on the internet right? I would recommend following the news on the main site to, plus the reviews, they haven't steered me wrong yet! [Trust me I have done that myself]
Also I said Thursday, not Tuesday I was giving you a heads up! If you want to post the gem then be my guest, but I was thinking maybe @Sherman should because he didn't know last time Care to Post again @Sherman?

The Master Emeraloggery

geneon101

Knuckles wrote:

@geneon101 Thats good to know! But you do know this is one of the best Nintendo Gaming Sites on the internet right? I would recommend following the news on the main site to, plus the reviews, they haven't steered me wrong yet! [Trust me I have done that myself]
Also I said Thursday, not Tuesday I was giving you a heads up! If you want to post the gem then be my guest, but I was thinking maybe @Sherman should because he didn't know last time Care to Post again @Sherman?

havent looked at them yet.
lol im terrible on keeping my days straight. but still yeah i can post or they can. idm giving a day up

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.