AuthorMessage

KRO

15,722. Posted:

I hope we get Dark Baby Bronze Daisy 2.0 soon

KRO

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

15,723. Posted:

Dreaming, forever longing, that someday Nintendo would make a MOBA-type game.

Currently playing: League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle (3DS), Mass Effect 3
Things I probably should be making progress on: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Gods Eater Burst

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

OracleOfTruth

15,724. Posted:

The Koopalings (and Waluigi) are in MK8, so I'm set. Anything else is just icing on the proverbial cake.
Speaking of cake...

EDIT: Now this is how you start a page. ;)

Edited on by OracleOfTruth

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage

KRO

15,725. Posted:

I'm not content until we got Funky Kong and King Boo

Man, if this is the roster, I'm a bit disappointed. E. Gadd would be nice too

KRO

AuthorMessage

Cyb3Rnite

15,726. Posted:

True_Hero wrote:

The Koopalings (and Waluigi) are in MK8, so I'm set. Anything else is just icing on the proverbial cake.
Speaking of cake...

EDIT: Now this is how you start a page. ;)

How dare you out-post my awesome Schwarzenegger thingy! (>n<)

Edited on by Cyb3Rnite

Dreaming, forever longing, that someday Nintendo would make a MOBA-type game.

Currently playing: League of Legends, Heroes of the Storm, Super Smash Bros. Kerfuffle (3DS), Mass Effect 3
Things I probably should be making progress on: Rune Factory 4, Mario Kart 8, Wind Waker HD, Gods Eater Burst

3DS Friend Code: 4554-0880-9460 | Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

15,727. Posted:

I'm leaving for the weekend. Y'all should do tourney battles while I'm away. If you do, remember to @ mention me.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

KRO

15,728. Posted:

Would the game be better if there were no other modifiers than stars? You'd lose some freedom and the game wouldn't have as much depth, but it would make the game much more balanced. There's a lot of min-maxing in this game, I wouldn't mind if that element was removed.

KRO

AuthorMessage

Tricoloryoshi

15,729. Posted:

KRO wrote:

Would the game be better if there were no other modifiers than stars? You'd lose some freedom and the game wouldn't have as much depth, but it would make the game much more balanced. There's a lot of min-maxing in this game, I wouldn't mind if that element was removed.

That would make the game suck.
Like, a lot.
At that point, you might as well kill stars too and make everything 100v weapons.

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

3DS Friend Code: 1332-8860-5661 | Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage

KRO

15,730. Posted:

Why? Since you can't have that killer Ninja Palm with Walking Speed +4 or Angel Bow with Shot Range +3 anymore?

It's not like the modifiers shape the entire game. What it does is make it easier to make extra chunky cheese weapons that normally wouldn't be as powerful. Predator Cannon's backwards dash charge shot, for example. Without extra points in homing or the extra range, it's nowhere as deadly as it is.

Edited on by KRO

KRO

AuthorMessage

TheLilK98

15,731. Posted:

So...anyone up for a match or two later?

My intro by Dark-Luigi
My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4665-8309 | Nintendo Network ID: TheLilK98 | Twitter: TheKman98

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

15,732. Posted:

KRO wrote:

Why? Since you can't have that killer Ninja Palm with Walking Speed +4 or Angel Bow with Shot Range +3 anymore?

It's not like the modifiers shape the entire game. What it does is make it easier to make extra chunky cheese weapons that normally wouldn't be as powerful. Predator Cannon's backwards dash charge shot, for example. Without extra points in homing or the extra range, it's nowhere as deadly as it is.

This backfires completely, because without stats the BDCS of the Predator is still the same amount better then the BDCS of other weapons, because of its unmodifiable hidden stats.
So yeah.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

KRO

15,733. Posted:

Not really, though. Predator's BDCS is the only one in the game that always hits once it has a target, unless you cancel it out with your own shot. No other weapons can rely on this strategy as well as the Predator Cannon, unless I'm mistaken.

KRO

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

15,734. Posted:

I'm back. Looks like I need to say something about this conversation.

Ok, so let's imagine there were no modifiers. What would be affected?

No fusion (or it's an almost entirely pointless feature).
Value becomes almost pointless, thus meaning...
Points in online battles also become almost pointless.
Spotpass Weapons and Streetpass Weapons would be almost pointless, because everyone would have every version of every weapon.
Speaking of the number of unique weapons in the game, there would go from some immensely huge number (I'd give you a number but I don't know how to do that math, much less factor in restrictions and value restrictions. Regardless, I'd say it's in the millions or billions) to somewhere around 18,252, if my math on combinations or permutations or whatever is correct. That still seems like a big number, but consider the fact that it would be easy to obtain any one of them you wish to.

Oh, but, uh, the game would be slightly more balanced. Kinda.

You must consider that what Clay is saying is true. Most modifiers (the one I can think of that doesn't go with the rule is Health) go up in percentage, so they're multiplied, no added. Thus, the ratios stay the same. 1:2 = 2:4. You're just multiplying both sides by the same thing, so they'll still be the same. Thus, the only thing that would really benefit from this is less OHKO completely broken weapons, like the BDCS Predator Cannon and Sliptracks, but even then, they'd still be banned if nothing else changed in the game because proportionally, they'd still be just as OP as before.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

KRO

15,735. Posted:

Stars are intact.

Yes, it is true that the fusion would lose some depth as I said, but then again, the fusion isn't very deep already. Playstyle matters more. Oh, and powers.

Regarding the mechanics, I understand what you say, but I don't think you understand what I say. What is one of the drawbacks that prevents Predator Cannon from being absolutely devastating? Its lackluster range, and needing homing boost for its backwards dash charged shot to always hit. This is a UNIQUE example, since other weapons can't rely on BDCS alone, Predator can. The most OP weapons are the ones are those who rely on good modifiers or powers in order to be OP. I mentioned Ninja Palm and Predator Cannon. Without some homing boost, it will just launch a cannonball in front of the user, not chase enemies into their demise.

Randoms don't care about banlists.

Also, "unique weapons"? You mean one weapon that does 77 damage on a charge shot and one that does 78? That doesn't make them unique. I mean, the only modifiers you should care about are those regarding speed, defense, evasion, range and homing plus a couple more depending on what weapons you're using.

Edited on by KRO

KRO

AuthorMessage

Jazzer94

15,736. Posted:

DashChargedShot wrote:

I'm back. Looks like I need to say something about this conversation.

Ok, so let's imagine there were no modifiers. What would be affected?

No fusion (or it's an almost entirely pointless feature).
Value becomes almost pointless, thus meaning...
Points in online battles also become almost pointless.
Spotpass Weapons and Streetpass Weapons would be almost pointless, because everyone would have every version of every weapon.
Speaking of the number of unique weapons in the game, there would go from some immensely huge number (I'd give you a number but I don't know how to do that math, much less factor in restrictions and value restrictions. Regardless, I'd say it's in the millions or billions) to somewhere around 18,252, if my math on combinations or permutations or whatever is correct. That still seems like a big number, but consider the fact that it would be easy to obtain any one of them you wish to.

Oh, but, uh, the game would be slightly more balanced. Kinda.

You must consider that what Clay is saying is true. Most modifiers (the one I can think of that doesn't go with the rule is Health) go up in percentage, so they're multiplied, no added. Thus, the ratios stay the same. 1:2 = 2:4. You're just multiplying both sides by the same thing, so they'll still be the same. Thus, the only thing that would really benefit from this is less OHKO completely broken weapons, like the BDCS Predator Cannon and Sliptracks, but even then, they'd still be banned if nothing else changed in the game because proportionally, they'd still be just as OP as before.

I think this sums everything up nicely the game would lose so much of its depth without modifiers.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee Everyone's favorite videogame character
I keep getting this feeling that I should write something down here........................

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

AuthorMessage

KRO

15,737. Posted:

Modifiers don't add much depth, in my opinion

Edited on by KRO

KRO

AuthorMessage

Dashtag

15,738. Posted:

I know stars are intact. If they weren't, there'd be 108 possible combinations instead of the 18,252 I said there would be, hypothetically.

Unique weapons, as in A First Blade with 100v is separate from a First Blade with DCS+1 is separate from a First Blade with one star Ranged, etc. Unique not as in name, but as in every combination of weapons possible.

Perhaps Predator Cannon is not a very good example for me to use, because what you're saying is true, but take any of a long list of other banned weapons. I did say somewhat balance, for the record. Magnus Club, for example, would still deal proportionally as much damage with a SCS as it already does (especially if Powers, like you said, were still present. Magnus Club users could easily use Quick Charge, possibly Libra or Energy Charge, and potentially Lightweight to do pretty much what they're already doing). Same with Raptor Claws, same with Brawler Claws, same with Taurus Arm, etc.

KRO wrote:

Randoms don't care about banlists.

Yeah, I'm aware of this... what was your point? Also, this isn't entirely true, Most of the time when I go online on randoms, at least, people are playing mostly fairly. I've seen my fair share of OP/Broken weapons online in Random, but to this day I've never seen anyone use a BDCS Predator Cannon online, or SC Brawler Claws, and only one or twice have I seen Sliptracks (actually, that might have been through Friends, when Sonicman was here, but that was about a month after release before we knew any better).

KRO wrote:

the fusion isn't very deep already.

Even though I just gave my whole spiel on all of that, I couldn't take you seriously after you said this.

8 Bit Forward
deviantART Profile

AuthorMessage

GuSolarFlare

15,739. Posted:

they do, it's the difference between running faster or freezing or OHKO etc.
with the right modifiers you can win by dumb luck and with the wrong ones you can lose even being good.

I was once a fighter in spirit alone, but not long ago I found something that was missing and became a fighter in body and mind too.
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Backloggery
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

AuthorMessage

KRO

15,740. Posted:

I mentioned speed in my previous post

Forgot about freezing and other ailments, but there are both powers and items for those.

KRO