Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Posts 15,461 to 15,480 of 16,251

New_3DaSh_XL

KRO wrote:

I got a Predator Cannon with 4,5 stars in ranged, 4 in Melee, Shot range +2, Shot Homing +2 and Shaking +1 from a chapter yesterday. It's not perfect, but you can't deny it's good.

You just gotta donate hearts to the goddesses, they'll bless you back, trust me

That is most definitely incorrect. Sakurai himself said there is literally nothing offering hearts to the Goddess does. Gimme a second, let me find the quote.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

KRO

I wasn't being serious

It's the same as snuggling with Poogie, if you've ever played Monster Hunter

KRO

Jazzer94

DashChargedShot wrote:

KRO wrote:

I got a Predator Cannon with 4,5 stars in ranged, 4 in Melee, Shot range +2, Shot Homing +2 and Shaking +1 from a chapter yesterday. It's not perfect, but you can't deny it's good.

You just gotta donate hearts to the goddesses, they'll bless you back, trust me

That is most definitely incorrect. Sakurai himself said there is literally nothing offering hearts to the Goddess does. Gimme a second, let me find the quote.

I remember people on ONM arguing constantly that the offerings did something even when Sakurai admitted it was useless.

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

New_3DaSh_XL

Maskeraid wrote:

I came, I saw, and I quoted.
"NP: Why did you include the option to offer hearts to Palutena? Do you really not receive a reward for giving her hearts?

Sakurai: I added that feature when I got the sense that players were feeling more affection toward the characters than what I, as the creator, had anticipated. I've been observing how players react to the feature, and despite being told they won't get anything for it, people seem to enjoy offering lots of hearts to Palutena. That's true of myself, too. When I got the million-heart reward for clearing every stage on intensity 9.0, I gave them all to Viridi. Of course, I knew that there wasn't any point to it, but it was still kind of satisfying."
That's from nintendo power. :3

This is a quote from over a year ago, but it is, of course, still accurate. Thus, Sakurai himself admits this function does nothing; no better weapons in chapters, in the store, discounts are still random... the only way to get better weapons in Solo is to play chapters on higher intensities (and "better weapons" is a relative term, a more accurate phrase would be "weapons with a higher value, more stars, and more mods."

EDIT: Evidently your not being serious wasted 30 minutes of my life.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

KRO

Whoops, sorry about that

EDIT: Try searching this on Google, then click the second result. Should save you some time if you need to find it again.

"kid icarus uprising offering goddess sakurai"

Edited on by KRO

KRO

Pazzo-TheFool

Sorry I haven't been too active. What's going on?

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

KRO

If you offer exactly 666 hearts to Palutena and Viridi, they'll be replaced by Medusa and Hades

Trust me, I'm a doctor

KRO

KRO

Anyone up for some matches?

KRO

ThePirateCaptain

That should work as long as I can remember
The latest I can go is probably 5.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Knuckles

Funny you say 5 because that is my new eta. I wish I could just say no, but when you iive with these people, it is best to just do what they say instead of arguing. It gets no where.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

ThePirateCaptain

Never mind, I'll be available until 7:00. I keep getting messed up trying to calculate time zone differences.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

thelegendoflink

I don't feel like countering every point right now, so I'll just say it in general. Using the glitch is equivalent to cloning (if you guys understand the fusing mechanics, this is obvious, at least for weapons valued <300), so the argument becomes whether or not cloning/glitching is fair game. This is a very controversial point for gaming in general, and I don't expect to reach an agreement here anytime soon. But the general idea is: If a game mechanic is extremely time consuming and repetitive, should players be allowed to use an alternative, even if it doesn't fit the game creator's vision? Of course, you could make your case on both sides, but for this particular case, I'd say that there is no reason to restrict the player's possibilities (it's not even like you have to use third party hardware to cheat or something like that), as by doing so, you're simply increasing the amount of mindless time needed for higher level competitive play. Either way, the clone and the glitcher must, too, understand the fusing mechanics, otherwise their methods wouldn't be very effective, so the difference is only in the time spent grinding for more fuse material. So I don't understand why would you guys want to ban this stuff from tourney play, when the difference is only about the free time of each player.

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

Prof_Clayton

thelegendoflink wrote:

I don't feel like countering every point right now, so I'll just say it in general. Using the glitch is equivalent to cloning (if you guys understand the fusing mechanics, this is obvious, at least for weapons valued <300), so the argument becomes whether or not cloning/glitching is fair game. This is a very controversial point for gaming in general, and I don't expect to reach an agreement here anytime soon. But the general idea is: If a game mechanic is extremely time consuming and repetitive, should players be allowed to use an alternative, even if it doesn't fit the game creator's vision? Of course, you could make your case on both sides, but for this particular case, I'd say that there is no reason to restrict the player's possibilities (it's not even like you have to use third party hardware to cheat or something like that), as by doing so, you're simply increasing the amount of mindless time needed for higher level competitive play. Either way, the clone and the glitcher must, too, understand the fusing mechanics, otherwise their methods wouldn't be very effective, so the difference is only in the time spent grinding for more fuse material. So I don't understand why would you guys want to ban this stuff from tourney play, when the difference is only about the free time of each player.

Well its impossible to ban from tournaments anyway. It's a gamble to use and it doesn't even guarantee victory.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

Knuckles

GG's Pancakes. You reminded me how out of shape I am in KI:U. If I used other weapons, I would have lost. I just got lucky on that 3rd match, I should have lost seeing how that match was going.

Edit: Wait, I might have DQ'ed myself. Is invisible shots banned?

Edited on by Knuckles

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

thelegendoflink

@Knuckles
Invisible Shots isn't banned, so you're good. It's still a great power which should see more use, though. I must try to make a set with it some day.

Edited on by thelegendoflink

Currently playing online: Kid Icarus Uprising.

3DS Friend Code: 2664-2131-6340

Pazzo-TheFool

thelegendoflink wrote:

@Knuckles
Invisible Shots isn't banned, so you're good. It's still a great power which should see more use, though. I must try to make a set with it some day.

With Bumblebee banned, Invisi. Shots are a Godsend for the Gaol Blade.

I'll be making a room around 3:00 PM CST today. If anyone wants to join, I'll wait for about 10 mins.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.