3DS Forum

Topic: Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapons

Showing 14,821 to 14,840 of 16,250

AuthorMessage
Tricoloryoshi

Tricoloryoshi

14,821. Posted:

Aqueous wrote:

Since when is old Needle Palm banned? Never was when I was here before.

It isn't, I think it was really early on, but was taken off.

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi

AuthorMessage
KRO

KRO

14,822. Posted:

What the hell is the point of banning everything? I'll be a good chap and follow the rules if I ever play with you, but I don't see the point.

Edited on by KRO

KRO

AuthorMessage
Cyb3Rnite

Cyb3Rnite

14,823. Posted:

KRO wrote:

What the hell is the point of banning everything? I'll be a good chap and follow the rules if I ever play with you, but I don't see the point.

Naturally, some weapons are better than others. It's insanely hard to keep a game balanced with this many weapons, powers and customization options.

I'm in early! Bring on the butt kicking!
Also I hate bumblebee, glad it's banned. Tri, thanks for clearing things up. (I told you guys he's better than me.)

Edited on by Cyb3Rnite

Currently Playing: Mass Effect 3, Dishonored, Story of Seasons, Rune Factory 4, Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate.

Avatar is Hazel from Bryan Lee O'Malley's Seconds. Art by Mynt Condition.

STILL THE BEST 1973

Nintendo Network ID: Cyb3Rnite

AuthorMessage
KRO

KRO

14,824. Posted:

Bumblebee only lets you evade a few hits, no? Shouldn't be a problem unless you're using a weapon with a bad rate of fire.

KRO

AuthorMessage
Aqueous

Aqueous

14,825. Posted:

KRO wrote:

Bumblebee only lets you evade a few hits, no? Shouldn't be a problem unless you're using a weapon with a bad rate of fire.

My thoughts but the claim is there is some combo that makes it unfair.

Guest on NFR 57: http://nintendofreeradio.podbean.com/category/episode-57/

Nintendo Network ID: AqueousDoubt | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
KRO

KRO

14,826. Posted:

If you're getting steamrolled by someone with a good combo, you should try to top it, instead of just banning everything you struggle against. I mostly use Midnight Palm, and I have never had any troubles with Taurus Arm users. I just use a backwards charged shot and dodge their combo while my lingering shot snacks away at their health. Land mines are easy to fit on the power board and are also useful when clashing with melee-users.

Edited on by KRO

KRO

AuthorMessage
Knuckles

Knuckles

14,827. Posted:

@KRO How we are different than most people with a banlist?
You don't have to follow it. I used Playing Dead for over a year, in a non cheap way. Dash uses the magnus club, but he doesn't have a broken OP'ed Magnus Club.

As for bumblebee, most of us have fought too many users
who abuse it
I have no idea how many people you have fought against with Libra Sponge, Aries Armor and a taurus arm at the same time, but your combo won't work. The Aries Armor allows the Taurus Arm user to plow through and decimate you.

You don't have to follow our rules, but we won't be enthusiastic about playing with you if commonly "break" our rules.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal
3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage
KRO

KRO

14,828. Posted:

I dislike banlists in general. You're no different. I have nothing against you people, no worries. I also said I will follow your rules, I was just asking why the ban list was so expansive.

Anyway, you wanna try a match right now? I can host the room.

Edited on by KRO

KRO

AuthorMessage
Mask0Gears

Mask0Gears

14,829. Posted:

@Knuckles @MyNamels- Don't worry, I have a 300 Laser Staff at ready. I was just joking.

-The Official Wearer of Masks for NL-
My MK Bio, made by Dark-Luigi!
-Currently Reading: Tintin
The Maskloggery
3DS Friend Code: 0087-2637-7069 NNID: Mask0Gears

AuthorMessage
Prof_Clayton

Prof_Clayton

14,830. Posted:

@KRO The banlist is so large because we allow people to use some of the things on there moderately. If we did that with a smaller banlist, they could use even more of that stuff. Plus we prefer to keep the matches fun and based more off of skill than how much your weapon homes in and using powers to be near invincible for 20 seconds. Not that I'm saying anyone does that now, but it has been done before. :3

Also, the Pokèmon Tournament has like 5 spots left open,it's in the Online forum if anyone's interested. Signups end today~

@EveryoneIPlayedYesterday GGs~

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Auracle

Auracle

14,831. Posted:

I gotta agree with @KRO. Having a ban list for general play seems a bit excessive. If someone's using a difficult combo, adapt to it. If you have a problem with it, talk to them about it. We're all friends here after all.

I foresee what you'll do there.
Amiibo: Mario, Lucario (2), Toon Link, Luigi, Diddy Kong, Zelda, Gold Mario, Mario (SM), Silver Mario, Inkling Squid, Lucina, Ness, Wario
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

AuthorMessage
New_3DaSh_XL

New_3DaSh_XL

14,832. Posted:

Ok, so, why stuff is banned.
And again...

LISTEN UP!

'kay, so, weapons are banned because they are broken. Broken, you may ask, what's that and what qualifies as broken? Broken is when a weapon is literally unbeatable unless it's used by an idiot that doesn't know what he/she's doing. For example, the Predator Cannon, one of the most if not the most broken weapons in the game. It's broken because its backward-dash charged shot (especially with Shot Homing +3, Shot Range +3, BDCS +4, and like, maybe Shot Cancellation) is literally undodgable. As in, there is no possible way for you to dodge its shots. Now, other weapons are like this and in other ways, for example, Magnus Club has a wide shot and with Speed and DCS or SCS then it's extremely hard to avoid and there's not much you can do about the user, plus with Quick Charge active, the Magnus Club has a really fast Charged Shot reload rate. Anyway, so that's the basic situation for weapons: the fact that a weapon is undodgable or just too powerful in general.

Now, as far as powers go, there are some powers that make people just too powerful and at too much of an advantage that it's not fair towards other players. One such example is Aries Armor. This is because the player takes incredibly low damage for quite a while (another power that's banned because of this is Trade-Off, which doubles your attack WHILE MAKING YOU INVINCIBLE). Plus, all online battles are timed, so it's unfair that during a good portion of that time, someone is invincible or nearly so. Finally, using Aries Armor and using Libra Sponge at the same time (a combo known as "Libraries") is extremely broken because while you take almost no damage, you become more and more and more powerful until all of your shots are huge because of how powerful you are. Bumblebee (which actually, is one of the better banned powers) is banned because of its general unfairness, because it once again, makes the player invincible for a little while, and for putting that player at a big advantage (when you warp, you warp to a position in which you can shoot the person who tried to shoot you, like Counter, except without firing).

These weapons and powers ARE banned for a reason. Don't think we wanted to ban then, but they're just not much fun to play again. And when you think about it, there are what... 108 weapons in the game? And tons of powers, too, that are good in battle that haven't been banned. We're not banning all that much. Seriously.

Finally, as I said before, there ARE exceptions. I use a Magnus Club occasionally online. @Knuckles uses Playing Dead occasionally. So really, we're willing to make some exceptions, and we're not unreasonable. We do have our reasons, though. We're trying to make battle more fun and more fair for everyone. Seriously, guys. You know we who have been on the thread forever used banned stuff. We mostly want those that are new here to tone back on the banned stuff (I'm not pointing fingers, but so far in the last couple days I've played against people with Bumblebee, Libra Sponge, and others which weren't fun to play with). Plus, it's a good tip to those new because, trust me, we who have been here a while tend to intentionally seek out and attack those using banned weapons/powers.

And, if you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

Edited on by New_3DaSh_XL

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

If you
Could do
Anything you want to
Would you
Come though
Or would you decide to let it go?

Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Mask0Gears

Mask0Gears

14,833. Posted:

@kuroINK

Was it you who could use photoshop?

The Maskloggery

AuthorMessage
Mask0Gears

Mask0Gears

14,834. Posted:

Mask0Gears wrote:

@kuroINK

NVM, I got GIMP!!! Now my Photoshop classes can come in handy.

The Maskloggery

AuthorMessage
kuroINK

kuroINK

14,835. Posted:

Mask0Gears wrote:

Mask0Gears wrote:

@kuroINK

Yes; ok.
NVM, I got GIMP!!! Now my Photoshop classes can come in handy.

3DS FC: 1075 1191 3601
Nintendo ID: kuroINK

AuthorMessage
Knuckles

Knuckles

14,836. Posted:

I'm just going to reiterate what Dash said in a few words.

We don't hold this ban list to the highest regards. The weapons and powers on there, yes you can use them. If the are horribly broken, we will tell you. This isn't to restrict op'ed weapons because that person is domimating the battle, its just to try and make a more even battle.

This list is just an easy reference guide to the commonly used weapons and powers that are considered too powerful and make the gameplay unfair when used in the right way. The list can be looked at, and one can easily see if we might have a problem with their weapons/play strategy with powers. And even then, you might be fine even if you use the ninja palm and playing dead. We mainly just don't want to face combos like Libra Sponge + BumbleBee or Trade off + Libra Sponge, etc., and are trying to make it clear in advance.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery
8 Bit Forward
The 7 Emeralds are the servers. Chaos is power, enriched by the heart. The controller serves to unify the chaos. -Tikal
3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Nintendo Network ID: Knux27

AuthorMessage
New_3DaSh_XL

New_3DaSh_XL

14,837. Posted:

There's gonna be a room open here in one or two minutes. Anyone is welcome to join.

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

If you
Could do
Anything you want to
Would you
Come though
Or would you decide to let it go?

Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter:

AuthorMessage
Mask0Gears

Mask0Gears

14,838. Posted:

MyNameIs- wrote:

There's gonna be a room open here in one or two minutes. Anyone is welcome to join.

Sorry I missed this... I'll try to catch everyone next week.

The Maskloggery

AuthorMessage
KRO

KRO

14,839. Posted:

Doesn't the Predator Cannon have pretty "eh" range, even with Range +3? Wouldn't a good staff or melee weapon be able to check it? A club could probably nullify its shots, too.

KRO

AuthorMessage
Tricoloryoshi

Tricoloryoshi

14,840. Posted:

@AnyoneWhoQuestionsTheList if you wanna know why these weapons or powers are on, lemme fuse for a while and I can show you. U_U

I izz anti-not good at teh grammerrzz.
If at first you don't succeed, ragequit.
Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
Love is too mainstream, haters gonna hate~
my bio by @true_hero
Here is a link. Click it!!! щ(ಠ益ಠщ)

Nintendo Network ID: Tricoloryoshi