3DS Forum

Topic: Kid Icarus Fan Discussion Thread 2

Showing 41 to 60 of 122

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

41. Posted:

Eh, I like the flicking mechanic.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

42. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

^Way too ambitious. If this franchise was as big as Mario or something then I can see the game being like that

I wouldn't call that ambitious but rather clustered. Kid Icarus can be ambitious but in a completely different direction such as accessible or even mature.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

43. Posted:

@Chrono_Cross
I really can't see KI going the "mature" route. Other than Giest and Eternal Darkness, Ninty's never done an M game. (Bayonetta 2 I guess as well.) It also just wouldn't fit with the style established by Uprising at all.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

44. Posted:

Accessible is... What are you expecting here? Please, no more attempts at subtle jabs.

As for mature? That depends on your idea of mature.

If you mean "hardcore gamer" crap as in appeal to the teenagers on Xbox Live, then hell no. I'm not down for an M-Rated Kid Icarus, that would be better for something like Metroid or even Fire Emblem.
If you meant the dialogue, I personally liked the way they handled that. Lots of juvenile humor with a good dash of innuendo here and there. A Teen rated Kid Icarus would be okay (since they said "hell" once), but I'm not hankering for that.
Some other definition of mature?

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

45. Posted:

Ya, I like the light humored and rather goofy style of Uprising. A tatooed, swearing, cigar-chomping, bulky Pit, ripping apart enemies bloodily just looks so...wrong.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

46. Posted:

I'd be more ok with Nintendo making one of its IPs M rated if M-rated wasn't the dominant type of AAA gaming already. We already have enough of it, Nintendo using HD graphics and the like for lighter and more kid-friendly adventures is refreshing. I love playing silly Kirby games after solving gruesome LA Noire cases, or something like that.

also Nintendo turning one of their franchises M rated could lead to stupid issues with dumb parents I'm sure, and Nintendo nor any of us want to deal with that.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

47. Posted:

^This

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

48. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

Accessible is... What are you expecting here? Please, no more attempts at subtle jabs.

As for mature? That depends on your idea of mature.

If you mean "hardcore gamer" crap as in appeal to the teenagers on Xbox Live, then hell no. I'm not down for an M-Rated Kid Icarus, that would be better for something like Metroid or even Fire Emblem.
If you meant the dialogue, I personally liked the way they handled that. Lots of juvenile humor with a good dash of innuendo here and there. A Teen rated Kid Icarus would be okay (since they said "hell" once), but I'm not hankering for that.
Some other definition of mature?

I sincerely hope you realize that there are more definitions to the term "mature" than what you're describing.

No, I don't mean mature as in blood, guts and cussing (you know, the thing you like to do). That's immaturity with a Mature ESRB rating slapped on it. It's ignorant to understand maturity from a video game about chainsaw wielding tough guys who grunt to communicate (Gears of War).

When I say mature, I mean a serious storyline that immerses the player. Graphics varying, but the ultimate goal is for professional, yet appropriate, dialogue, good character development, well executed set pieces, etcetera.

None of that childish humor.

Rocko52 wrote:

@Chrono_Cross
I really can't see KI going the "mature" route. Other than Giest and Eternal Darkness, Ninty's never done an M game. (Bayonetta 2 I guess as well.) It also just wouldn't fit with the style established by Uprising at all.

Nintendo also published Conker's Bad Fur Day. Twilight Princess came after Wind Waker which is basically my point aside from the Metroid franchise.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I'd be more ok with Nintendo making one of its IPs M rated if M-rated wasn't the dominant type of AAA gaming already. We already have enough of it, Nintendo using HD graphics and the like for lighter and more kid-friendly adventures is refreshing. I love playing silly Kirby games after solving gruesome LA Noire cases, or something like that.

also Nintendo turning one of their franchises M rated could lead to stupid issues with dumb parents I'm sure, and Nintendo nor any of us want to deal with that.

M doesn't stand for mindless violence though, you can play your fellow gamers for over saturating the market with immature violence and swearing. Like I said before, I don't think you or Ray understand the definition of mature.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

49. Posted:

They didn't publish Bad Fur Day. Also, Wind Waker was still a great game, and each Zelda, although linked sort of, has a different feel, a different universe. In KI they've already established a single universe, even in the NES game, it was really pretty goofy of a game. I like the style of Uprising, and I really don't think KI needs a serious narrative, it's about having fun.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

50. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

M doesn't stand for mindless violence though, you can play your fellow gamers for over saturating the market with immature violence and swearing. Like I said before, I don't think you or Ray understand the definition of mature.

I don't need M rated content in every game period. If you mean Mature beyond that, ok sure. shrugs THE END.

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

51. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I don't need M rated content in every game period.

I never said that.

Rocko52 wrote:

They didn't publish Bad Fur Day. Also, Wind Waker was still a great game, and each Zelda, although linked sort of, has a different feel, a different universe. In KI they've already established a single universe, even in the NES game, it was really pretty goofy of a game. I like the style of Uprising, and I really don't think KI needs a serious narrative, it's about having fun.

You're right. Apparently Nintendo did not. Can't blame 'em though.

Either way, The Legend of Zelda Twilight Princess was the polar opposite of Wind Waker. As far as I'm aware, every Zelda game takes place in the same universe especially when considering the "timeline".

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

52. Posted:

@kkslider
Gotta agree. But I really don't think KI needs a deep or heavy narrative.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

53. Posted:

Well they do take place in the "same" universe, I just mean they all have their own unique feel and design.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

54. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Well they do take place in the "same" universe, I just mean they all have their own unique feel and design.

So riddle me this: Why can't Kid Icarus have a sequel that's maturely oriented? The potential is overwhelming.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

55. Posted:

Just cause.... I dunno it wouldn't fit....

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

56. Posted:

Rocko52 wrote:

Just cause.... I dunno it wouldn't fit....

Speak for yourself.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

57. Posted:

Ya...my argument's starting to fall apart....

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage
Avatar

rayword45

58. Posted:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

I sincerely hope you realize that there are more definitions to the term "mature" than what you're describing.

No, I don't mean mature as in blood, guts and cussing (you know, the thing you like to do). That's immaturity with a Mature ESRB rating slapped on it. It's ignorant to understand maturity from a video game about chainsaw wielding tough guys who grunt to communicate (Gears of War).

When I say mature, I mean a serious storyline that immerses the player. Graphics varying, but the ultimate goal is for professional, yet appropriate, dialogue, good character development, well executed set pieces, etcetera.

None of that childish humor.

Yeah I was actually hoping I was wrong and you weren't some blood junkie. Now that I know what you mean... Still no. Kid Icarus was partially defined by its humor. To see it take a "darker and edgier" turn would simply be jarring.

I know you said there's potential, but when something revels in being light-hearted with mild adult appeal (innuendo) taking a dark turn would be pretty awkward, may cause mixed reactions. Look at Shadow the Hedgehog (not the criticism for controls or anything, just the failed maturity), No More Heroes 2 (fan reaction, not critics), the list goes on.

Edited on by rayword45

ATTENTION: Help me not get killed over a stolen camera. Please, I need your money. http://igg.me/at/twelveouncecamera/x/3629997

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

59. Posted:

I'd actually consider a darker turn rather refreshing. Granted, a darker game can still have humor, but hopefully that humor will be more mature as well. Seriously, Uprising felt like a modern Saturday morning cartoon. I could readily go without that.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Rocko52

60. Posted:

I'd prefer Nintendo just to make a few new "mature" IPs, just to satisfy the demand while still bringing their Nintendo Quality. I don't really want to see KI become mature and dark, but I wouldn't mind in the slightest Ninty creating a new IP or two.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654