3DS Forum

Topic: Kid Icarus Fan Discussion Thread 2

Showing 101 to 120 of 122

AuthorMessage

rayword45

101. Posted:

I'd argue that objectively Kid Icarus had great voice acting. But how could I argue that's objective?

They managed to get some big names in terms of voice acting like Tara Strong and Cree Summer, and I'd argue that the majority agrees that the voice acting was handled better then expected for almost any video game, let alone a Nintendo game.

Of course expectations were ultra low after M:OM and Sin and Punishment (does that count?).

Edited on by rayword45

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

102. Posted:

Ultra low? I dunno, I didn't think it would be bad. But I do agree that the cast was great.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7191-2654

AuthorMessage

DreamyViridi

103. Posted:

Yeah, back in E3 2010(?), the voice for Pit in the trailer wasn't very good. Considering how it is now and what it could've been, I'd say it's good enough. The voice acting combined with the humor makes me actually want to listen to it. Besides, it's for a game, not a TV drama or something; so the voice acting doesn't need to be perfect.

Once a LuigiMan, now a Dreamy representation of the Goddess of Nature.
Retired Palutena Gem Provider.
Don't mind Dark Pit, he's just here to annoy the haters...
The Kid Icarus League's LuigiMan200 - Bio by True_Hero.
My YouTube Channel

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5405-0932 | Nintendo Network ID: LuigiMan200

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

104. Posted:

@LuigiMan200 Totally agree here. Pit's voice in the E3 '10 trailer just seemed too deep and serious, plus Palutena sounded like a stereotypical no-nonsense god(dess) with no defining personality. I much prefer their fun carefree attitudes.

And I also have another thing to bring up. If there is another 3D sequel at some point, with the same formula as Uprising, I really hope you can switch between weapons during a chapter. Not at any point you want of course, but at certain checkpoints or when transitioning between flying/ground/boss. I can't tell you how many times I wish I could switch from a Bow during a flight segment, to speedier, more agile Claws for the ground portion.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Dark-Luigi

105. Posted:

http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2010/221/e/c/Kid_Icarus_by_...

The Green Thunder Strikes Like Lightning!
My Intro. <- Made it myself!
My Bio. <- Created by True Hero!
The Luigiloggery <- Take a visit and leave a comment if you want.
"Don't expect mouth to mouth!" -Waluigi.
Super Mario awesomeness and here too. <- Glad to be a Mario fan.
Darkness is a thing I adore the most, it's in my blood.

3DS Friend Code: 0516-7864-0671 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkGreenThunder

AuthorMessage

rayword45

106. Posted:

WingedFish wrote:

And I also have another thing to bring up. If there is another 3D sequel at some point, with the same formula as Uprising, I really hope you can switch between weapons during a chapter. Not at any point you want of course, but at certain checkpoints or when transitioning between flying/ground/boss. I can't tell you how many times I wish I could switch from a Bow during a flight segment, to speedier, more agile Claws for the ground portion.

I think a better idea would be to clean up the list based on user rankings, and include secondaries.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

WingedSnagret

107. Posted:

rayword45 wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

I think a better idea would be to clean up the list based on user rankings, and include secondaries.

That's what I basically meant. I guess to make it clearer, you could only bring one extra weapon to switch with, like in the handheld Mario games where you got an extra item in inventory, only in this instance you can't pull it out for use at any time you want.

Biggest Pikmin fan on NL!

Avian fact of the week: The Moa, an extinct relative of ostrichs and emus that inhabited New Zealand, was the tallest bird that ever lived at 12 ft tall (3.6 m). It was also the only known bird to have no wing structure.

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

108. Posted:

Sounds like a good idea.

Anime watching: One Piece, Hunter X Hunter, Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Stardust Crusaders, Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

AuthorMessage

liavcol

109. Posted:

Can someone please give me some tips about clearing levels on 9.0?
I currently cleared chapters 1,2,3 and 5 on 9.0.
For the first chapter I just used Lightweight (power) and ran through the whole level to the boss.
For the other chapters I used an Angel Bow with 4 1/2 in ranged and Overall Defense +4 but it seems to be pretty weak weapon and it not helping me much at other levels. So please can someone give me advices like what powers to use or weapons? I am right now doing a lot of trips back to Chapter 1 on difficulty between 1-2 to get weapons without mods so I could make a weapon with 6 ranged and put whatever mods I want on it.
Also' where can I get a weapon with an Overall Defense +8?

Email: liavcol@gmail.com
3DS friend code: 4768-7500-0239
Nintendo Network ID: LiavKatry
Currently Playing:
Battleship (DS)

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

110. Posted:

@liavcol
I dunno. When I try harder levels, I usually try to still beat all the enemies just the same, I don't really charge through levels.

AuthorMessage

liavcol

111. Posted:

Oh that's cool too but it's pretty hard though...
Also' there is two things I gotta know:
1. Does the Treasure Hunt piece that wants you to beat all the level on Intansity 9.0 really is not featherable?
2. I just unlocked today the Viridi's Treasure Hunt and the feathers from Pelutena's Treasure Hunt don't seem to be working there, is that true?

Currently Playing:
Battleship (DS)

AuthorMessage

rayword45

112. Posted:

1. Nope, not featherable. Trust me, much more rewarding though.
2. Each treasure hunt gets its own feathers. 5 per board.

And now that I've heard that, go beat the game at least once before trying for 9.0 please. There are a lot of things to be unlocked as time goes by.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

113. Posted:

^Must agree, beat the game first.
I just love Uprising so much, but there's still so much to unlock!

AuthorMessage

liavcol

114. Posted:

Ok thanks I will but I still need some tips about powers and weapons please.

Currently Playing:
Battleship (DS)

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

115. Posted:

Untitled

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

116. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13
What's that?

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

117. Posted:

Untitled

1 Year Anniversary Today 3/23/13

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

118. Posted:

^Wow, it's already been a year? Jeeze.

AuthorMessage

NintyMan

119. Posted:

It certainly hasn't felt like a year to me.

Miiverse
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/users/DestinyMan
Donkey Kong- King of the Jungle

3DS Friend Code: 2449-4663-7817 | Nintendo Network ID: DestinyMan

AuthorMessage

Rocko52

120. Posted:

I know!