Forums

Topic: Kid Icarus: A Dangling Carrot?

Posts 1 to 17 of 17

RoyalBlur

One thing that I've begun wondering about is Kid Icarus: Uprising. Was it nothing more than a dangling carrot? Did Nintendo use it as only a way of selling the 3DS to E3 viewers?

It is almost as if Nintendo is going overly mum on Pit's 3D outing. I know that Nintendo likes to keep things quiet but I'm feeling a bit betrayed. According to the E3 trailer of Kid Icarus that was shown following the revelation of the 3DS it was as f Kid Icarus: Uprising would be the flagship launch window title for the 3DS and now all we get coverage of is The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time although that isn't a bad thing. Nintendo Power even did a Kid Icarus themed issue. I'm really just wanting to know when in the chop suey will we see Nintendo cover Kid Icarus in earnest? Could it be that the minds at the Big N are saving Pit for another big entrance at the E3?

Edited on by RoyalBlur

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

bboy2970

Its likely waiting in the wings for e3. I bet Nintendo will show a new trailer or something and Reggie or Iwata will then announce its release date in the fall. I would be a little surprised if it got pushed into 2012 since it seems quite far along and was likely one of the first 3DS games to be in development.

EDIT: oh, and a bit off topic but if we don't also see even one iota of Pikmin 3 this year I just might choke someone...

Edited on by bboy2970

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

y2josh

I knew when I bought my 3DS there was no release date for Kid Icarus and it probably was not close to being released.

y2josh

RoyalBlur

bboy2970 wrote:

Its likely waiting in the wings for e3. I bet Nintendo will show a new trailer or something and Reggie or Iwata will then announce its release date in the fall. I would be a little surprised if it got pushed into 2012 since it seems quite far along and was likely one of the first 3DS games to be in development.

EDIT: oh, and a bit off topic but if we don't also see even one iota of Pikmin 3 this year I just might choke someone...

I agree with you man. I sincerely think that Kid Icarus will get a Halloween release seeing as it has that Hades Dog, features the lovable Eggplant Wizard and all the other bizarre characters. I don't know why but Kid Icarus just seems perfect for Halloween in my opinion.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

TheActivityLog

Kid Icarus: Uprising and Animal Crossing 3DS: In stores this holiday season!

I was actually hoping for both of these games to be released before summer so I can actually have something to do. Highly doubt it will be released before Fall comes and sweeps us out of our feet. A release date confirmed by Nintendo will gladly lighten me up no matter the date.

No 3DS games yet, but I'm searching for some friends!
FC: 0688-5315-1722
Where the heck is Pikmin 3 and where did Animal Crossing 3DS go running away at?

Meta-Rift

No, for a while now I've been noticing that Nintendo saves about 90% the hype until right before a game's release. There are a bunch of games that they're being a lot more secretive about.

Meta-Rift

RoyalBlur

Rift wrote:

No, for a while now I've been noticing that Nintendo saves about 90% the hype until right before a game's release. There are a bunch of games that they're being a lot more secretive about.

Like Pikmin 3 for example. I think Pikmin 3 will get a Easter 2012 release. Pikmin seems eastery don't you think?

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

moosa

Yeah, I would prefer they keep working on it and make it something really special. It has the potential to be. What I've seen so far didn't quite reach that potential.

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

SilverBaretta

Uh, this is Sakurai we're talking about. Remember the Brawl fiasco? Does he even want something remotely similar like that to happen again? I'd say it's better if this one flies under the radar until close to launch, that way we won't be sick of it and we can treat it as a new game instead of a hyped one.

I'm pretty sure I think I'm funnier than I really am.
10 Years of Kingdom Hearts
3DS Friend Code: 0301-9785-9580
[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStormGaming]Watch me and my friends play games! Now with better visual qualit...

jaffa

hmmm now that you mention it

Nintendo hasn't revealed any news about Kid Icarus

so I kinda agree with you there

jaffa

grumblebuzzz

Pikman three is a lie.

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

armoredghor

I'd be surprised if it doesn't come out by August. Every other game nintendo had playable at GDC was either launch window or early to mid summer release.

armoredghor

Aviator

Always have to complain about something.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.