Forums

Topic: Is Pokémon Coming To An End?

Posts 161 to 180 of 237

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

Who's even arguing about that?

... Wasn't it you who kept bringing up the kid thing earlier? Maybe it was someone else who said that.

Edited on by Blast

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

martinskrtel37

definitely time to update the formula

Octane wrote:

everyone needs to relax and enjoy the games that are released today and stop worrying what Nintendo will do in a year or two from now.

3DS Friend Code: 0130-1906-5039 | Nintendo Network ID: martinskrtel37

Araquanid

Realistically.. the kid does nothing, it's the pokemon. All the kid does is do what anybody else would do.. command their pokemon to do their bidding.. so is it the pokemon, or the kid that's actually the hero? You could say "he trained them" but everybody is usually overleveled anyway so training them isn't relevant enough.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Eel

Well, the games usually let you know that your Pokemon are so strong because you, the player, are training them with love and understanding and stuff.

Basically no one else in the region is capable of getting the potential of Pokemon as you can.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Araquanid

Morpheel wrote:

Basically no one else in the region is capable of getting the potential of Pokemon as you can.

I'm certain whitney would be able to take on cyrus.
Untitled

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Realistically.. the kid does nothing, it's the pokemon. All the kid does is do what anybody else would do.. command their pokemon to do their bidding.. so is it the pokemon, or the kid that's actually the hero? You could say "he trained them" but everybody is usually overleveled anyway so training them isn't relevant enough.

Maybe I'm just so in love with Pokemon Platinum... But I would argue that the gamer aka kid actually mattered to the story. Your friend kept getting into stuff and the story progressed because of your actions. In other words, the kid's Pokemon and the kid mattered a lot.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

GloverMist

Wow, I go away for a few days, and I come back to see an entire debate going on here! Woah. I personally feel like every Pokémon villain has their stupid character points, but that's just something we have to live with. Lysandre is no exception, and while he certainly didn't come across as anything interesting whilst I played X, it was a moment of Fridge Horror for me when I really thought about what he wanted to do. But really, I feel like there's not much separating the villains.

It's been very interesting reading the debate!

GloverMist

My Nintendo: GloverMist1 | Nintendo Network ID: GloverMist1

jump

Pokémon is a funny one, the games' best selling point is the post game content with filling out your pokedex and creating a competitive team both of which GF don't really help with when you've got to have convoluted ways (or now have to pay for) getting the old pokes onto the current games and competitive team building is so dependant on getting high IV pokemon with minimum effort put into in game stat calculator, breeding guide etc.

I've given up both competitive battling and completing my 'dex like I do with every generation after I've been encountering over 300+ poor IV Gibles with the slow Dexnav (although I did find a shiny one ) for my competitive team and it's really not worth all the effort.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Araquanid

You can still use the GTS to catch them all.

My Shinies

SubBronze

Thinking about it, shouldn't the new game (if there is one this year) be overdue for an announcement? We got the ORAS announcement early May, and its almost June now.

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

-Juice-

I want the new game to be announced soon. Usually the last entry looks the best, and the first entries look the worst. X and Y look terrible and grainy all of the time due to it being the first 3D Pokemon game Gamfreak has attempted. ORAS looked SLIGHTLY better, but I'm still not impressed with how grainy their games are. They need to step it up with the polishing because, dang the pixels are absolutely appalling and unwelcoming.

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

Araquanid

I think pokemon Z will be pretty big. I feel like we will be getting either every mega evolution we can possibly get, this massive post game with battle frontier, and quite a few overworld design changes (even minor like platinum's snow everywhere addition) alongside maybe new characters or new small areas (distortion world for example) etc etc..

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

I want the new game to be announced soon. Usually the last entry looks the best, and the first entries look the worst. X and Y look terrible and grainy all of the time due to it being the first 3D Pokemon game Gamfreak has attempted. ORAS looked SLIGHTLY better, but I'm still not impressed with how grainy their games are. They need to step it up with the polishing because, dang the pixels are absolutely appalling and unwelcoming.

I actually agree with this, the models of the pokemon used are so washed out and overshadowed they look boring..

Here's a comparison:
Untitled

Untitled

Especially in the wings... shiny volc in x/y is just really dull.

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

jump

MegaBeedrill wrote:

You can still use the GTS to catch them all.

Realistically you can't though, there's so much spam on there like people wanting a Lugia for their Seedot and XY aren't even connected to ORAS.

This is missing my point though, one of the game's biggest selling features the post game content aren't aimed at kids or even really that accessible to casual fans.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

-Juice-

MegaBeedrill wrote:

I think pokemon Z will be pretty big. I feel like we will be getting either every mega evolution we can possibly get, this massive post game with battle frontier, and quite a few overworld design changes (even minor like platinum's snow everywhere addition) alongside maybe new characters or new small areas (distortion world for example) etc etc..

I dunno, it seems like Gamefreak only wants to release around 40 or so at a time (give or take). I'd like for the towns to be expanded and more NPCs to inhabit them. The NPCs are the heart of the Pokemon universe. I'd also like areas to explore on my own, and a less linear journey. Oh, and more clothing options. I could do with just the 40 new megas, new NPCs, clothing options. Seriously though, I need them to solve the whole pixel problem they're having. Most of the models and overworld buildings look awful. Of course, they COULD quick fix this by implementing stereoscopic 3D everywhere in the game so that it'd be a lot less noticeable, but they're too lazy to do that.

People say graphics don't matter, but I have to disagree with that. There comes a point where something is just plain ugly and hard to play because of it. A good example would be Daggerfall. Morrowind can still hold up, but Daggerfall is absolutely insulting to the eyes. We have the technology to make things look more natural and not so pixilated, we should use it. 480p should be the new lowest standard. It's basically like watching videos in 120p on YouTube. Just gross.

Edited on by -Juice-

Araquanid

It isn't necessarly the graphics they got wrong, but rather the colors they used and the shading the game has they implemented which looks dull. (look at my volcarona comparison edit last page)

If they used brighter colors (like they kinda did in oras, just not bright enough on the pokemon themselves besides some of the new megas and primals) then x/y would seem alot more appealing and colorful. However they tried to go too realistic with the dull coloration like pokemon XD/colosseum, which just simply doesn't work on a core series pokemon game on a small handheld.. even in colosseum and XD, the overworld lighting was still pretty bright to help overlook the otherwise dull areas like pirate town.

Not to mention, X/Y lacks that sense of discovery, with combination of less to explore areas (terminus cave is just a dumbed down turnback cave without anything) and the fact that almost all the gyms, E4, trainers, and routes consist more of past gen pokemon instead of new pokemon you might not even hear or see until after you beat the E4. This why I like BW, everything was fresh, there were some hidden things like volcarona and kyurem, and every route you were on pretty much you knew you'd see something different instead of zubat, geodude, pikachu, and onix everywhere..

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

-Juice-

MegaBeedrill wrote:

It isn't necessarly the graphics they got wrong, but rather the colors they used and the shading the game has they implemented which looks dull. (look at my volcarona comparison edit last page)

If they used brighter colors (like they kinda did in oras, just not bright enough on the pokemon themselves besides some of the new megas and primals) then x/y would seem alot more appealing and colorful. However they tried to go too realistic with the dull coloration like pokemon XD/colosseum, which just simply doesn't work on a core series pokemon game on a small handheld.. even in colosseum and XD, the overworld lighting was still pretty bright to help overlook the otherwise dull areas like pirate town.

Not to mention, X/Y lacks that sense of discovery, with combination of less to explore areas (terminus cave is just a dumbed down turnback cave without anything) and the fact that almost all the gyms, E4, trainers, and routes consist more of past gen pokemon instead of new pokemon you might not even hear or see until after you beat the E4. This why I like BW, everything was fresh, there were some hidden things like volcarona and kyurem, and every route you were on pretty much you knew you'd see something different instead of zubat, geodude, pikachu, and onix everywhere..

They didn't get the graphics wrong, but they could use some polishing if you ask me, I've seen many games smoother and less jagged on the 3DS, and some of those came before it. The shading is a definite problem though. The colors are too muted and not vibrant enough. Charizard Y's color scheme differs from his own official artwork for crying out loud.

I know some people don't like being limited to new Pokemon, and Gamefreak took that to heart and that's why they were harder to find and didn't play very significant roles in the games. Most of these people are genwunners (or fanboys of other generations), and sadly their negative opinions are the loudest and the ones Gamefreak heard most clearly. It would have been better for Gamefreak to have just done what it wanted to do rather than listening to that outcry. We could have had all of those Pokemon available, but made them more rare than the Kalos Pokemon, and then had the Kalos Pokemon feature in the gyms and what-not. That way Kalos would feel like its own region and not the game made to please disgruntled fans who for the most part, don't care for new generations and aren't real fans anyway. I mean, all of the people who hate adding more Pokemon make no sense at all. That's like hating scientists for finding new animals, and wanting them to exterminate a lot of them because there are "too many" species in the world. Pokemon is about living with a vast and thriving ecosystem much like ours, where new wonders and discoveries can be found every day. To hate that is to hate life itself, which is very profound. Why would a person hate exploration and new discoveries? It seems like no world building and no new species would make for a boring Pokemon game.

Edited on by -Juice-

jump

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

I know some people don't like being limited to new Pokemon, and Gamefreak took that to heart and that's why they were harder to find and didn't play very significant roles in the games. Most of these people are genwunners (or fanboys of other generations), and sadly their negative opinions are the loudest and the ones Gamefreak heard most clearly. It would have been better for Gamefreak to have just done what it wanted to do rather than listening to that outcry. We could have had all of those Pokemon available, but made them more rare than the Kalos Pokemon, and then had the Kalos Pokemon feature in the gyms and what-not. That way Kalos would feel like its own region and not the game made to please disgruntled fans who for the most part, don't care for new generations and aren't real fans anyway. I mean, all of the people who hate adding more Pokemon make no sense at all. That's like hating scientists for finding new animals, and wanting them to exterminate a lot of them because there are "too many" species in the world. Pokemon is about living with a vast and thriving ecosystem much like ours, where new wonders and discoveries can be found every day. To hate that is to hate life itself, which is very profound. Why would a person hate exploration and new discoveries? It seems like no world building and no new species would make for a boring Pokemon game.

Either that or there's too many to keep track of as it is, I am glad there wasn't another 10 new legendary pokes half of which are event only

Nicolai wrote:

-Juice-

arronishere wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Either that or there's too many to keep track of as it is, I am glad there wasn't another 10 new legendary pokes half of which are event only

See, this is what I don't understand. You literally don't have to keep track of them. You don't have to do anything of the sort. All you have to do is play the game like a normal person by catching whatever looks cool to you. That's literally it. The Pokedex isn't even that important other than having bragging rights. Also, if you actually play the games, no, it's not too hard to keep track of them even when new ones are introduced. We have this resource called the internet, and on it is Serebii. We have the resources, the people who refuse to use those resources aren't victims and I don't buy their sob story of not being able to keep track. You know what happens if you can't keep track of things even though you have the resources to do so when you have a job? You mess up schedules, making you a terrible employee, so you get fired.

Edited on by -Juice-

MasterWario

@MegaBeedrill I agree. Black and White did a lot of things right, but for some reason, for me, it was a bit off putting/hard to get through. I think it might haven been the short distances between many of the gym battles/roads or bridges everywhere. I just adored the whole Volcarona event though, especially because I was NOT leveling a Larvesta to lvl 70 or whatever. lol. Interactable Pokemon are one of my favorite things to do in the game; I'm always wishing there were more.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.