Forums

Topic: Is Pokémon Coming To An End?

Posts 141 to 160 of 237

Araquanid

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Wrong. He knew that innocent Pokemon and people would be wiped out, however he and all of Team Flare would have lived due to being inside of the Ultimate Weapon. The only time he realizes that he will die is when he decides to kill himself (Hitler also committed suicide, so in the end he's not only committing suicide, but attempting to end you in the rubble (or give you eternal life, which ends up being misery). Also, people who sacrifice so that their goals will come into fruition?

Wrong. If team flare are the only ones in existance in that weapon.. they have no means of repopulating an entire planet or restoring life such as plants without pokemon to fertilize and pollinate them... no trees, no air or food! This is a pointless futile atempt he's going for. Also why are we bringing up hitler on NL and as an argument to this discussion? If you know anything about hitler besides the holocaust, there was a lot more to him regarding the communist economy which he and many other members of the soviet union had personal views on and established. The holocaust was from his belief of the jewish population apposing their acts and thus he found them as a threat entirely, as well as other biased reasoning such as religion. Also him killing himself has nothing to do with his goal.. he killed himself to avoid capture, simple. He never planned his death to happen, it just was his only real option for the soviet union's defense as regardless, he failed.

/end of hitler discussion before post deletions are being given out... let's move on from that topic.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Have you ever heard of Lelouch Vi Britannia?

No because I don't care about that irrelevant to discussion franchise, I care about this one.. comparing it to other franchises is really pointless and irelevant to the discussion...

Look I can do it too!

Ever hear of guilty spark? He's one of the anatagnist of the halo franchise. He's goal is the activate a halo ring which eradicates all life to extinction to starve and alien race called the flood.

Ok, he wants to do the same thing as lysandre.. kill everything, except he will not die because it's an inorganic object, and the halo ring only has a galatic range in which forerunners can repopulate and clone life outside of the halo's range and the flood's reach.. Lysandre isn't doing this to fix a problem, cause there is no problem... on the other hand, while the damage caused by this halo array is threatening enough to cause war to defend it, somebody achieves a goal and a logical one. The forerunners kill the flood parasite and can repopulate the damage done.. there is an outcome to this that the forerunners are achieving. The covenant on the other hand want to activate halo because they believe it's a source of salvation, not an ultimate weapon (hmm, even a name sounds familiar word for word in the games).

Lysandre isn't removing a problematic species that threatens people. He's not fixing the damage done by it. He's not missing a given population found in another galaxy, since pokemon is generally inhabitant to earth, and he even quoted himself the pokemon will no longer exist. He doesn't explain at all how his plan is the solution to his goal.

I've brought up this comparison in the past, but not as a counter argument.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

In the end all your doing is forcing your preferences on everyone else, which is highly disrespectful and wrong.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

No. Stop. All of your reasoning is based on personal preference and bias. Don't you dare try and sell your opinion as fact. EVER AGAIN.

LOL, how hyphocritical. I'm the one defending my opinion, and you're the one lashing out at everybody saying their opinions are completely false and biased... I really suggest calming it down a bit, most of your arguments are really arrogant replies. I respect your opinion, but it looks like it's a one way road here.

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

-Juice-

MegaBeedrill wrote:

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Wrong. He knew that innocent Pokemon and people would be wiped out, however he and all of Team Flare would have lived due to being inside of the Ultimate Weapon. The only time he realizes that he will die is when he decides to kill himself (Hitler also committed suicide, so in the end he's not only committing suicide, but attempting to end you in the rubble (or give you eternal life, which ends up being misery). Also, people who sacrifice so that their goals will come into fruition?

Wrong. If team flare are the only ones in existance in that weapon.. they have no means of repopulating an entire planet or restoring life such as plants without pokemon to fertilize and pollinate them... no trees, no air or food! This is a pointless futile atempt he's going for. Also why are we bringing up hitler on NL and as an argument to this discussion? If you know anything about hitler besides the holocaust, there was a lot more to him regarding the communist economy which he and many other members of the soviet union had personal views on and established. The holocaust was from his belief of the jewish population apposing their acts and thus he found them as a threat entirely, as well as other biased reasoning such as religion. Also him killing himself has nothing to do with his goal.. he killed himself to avoid capture, simple. He never planned his death to happen, it just was his only real option for the soviet union's defense as regardless, he failed.

/end of hitler discussion before post deletions are being given out... let's move on from that topic.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

Have you ever heard of Lelouch Vi Britannia?

No because I don't care about that irrelevant to discussion franchise, I care about this one.. comparing it to other franchises is really pointless and irelevant to the discussion...

Look I can do it too!

Ever hear of guilty spark? He's one of the anatagnist of the halo franchise. He's goal is the activate a halo ring which eradicates all life to extinction to starve and alien race called the flood.

Ok, he wants to do the same thing as lysandre.. kill everything, except he will not die because it's an inorganic object, and the halo ring only has a galatic range in which forerunners can repopulate and clone life outside of the halo's range and the flood's reach.. Lysandre isn't doing this to fix a problem, cause there is no problem... on the other hand, while the damage caused by this halo array is threatening enough to cause war to defend it, somebody achieves a goal and a logical one. The forerunners kill the flood parasite and can repopulate the damage done.. there is an outcome to this that the forerunners are achieving. The covenant on the other hand want to activate halo because they believe it's a source of salvation, not an ultimate weapon (hmm, even a name sounds familiar word for word in the games).

Lysandre isn't removing a problematic species that threatens people. He's not fixing the damage done by it. He's not missing a given population found in another galaxy, since pokemon is generally inhabitant to earth, and he even quoted himself the pokemon will no longer exist. He doesn't explain at all how his plan is the solution to his goal.

I've brought up this comparison in the past, but not as a counter argument.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

In the end all your doing is forcing your preferences on everyone else, which is highly disrespectful and wrong.

BlatantlyHeroic wrote:

No. Stop. All of your reasoning is based on personal preference and bias. Don't you dare try and sell your opinion as fact. EVER AGAIN.

LOL, how hyphocritical. I'm the one defending my opinion, and you're the one lashing out at everybody saying their opinions are completely false and biased... I really suggest calming it down a bit, most of your arguments are really arrogant replies. I respect your opinion, but it looks like it's a one way road here.

Someone up above also reported the in-game story saying that Lysandre and his grunts were meant to survive. I've also told you countless times that I have nothing against the other villains, and that your loathing of Lysandre is unfounded and that if it's an opinion, you should at least state that instead of pushing it as fact, and then pretending like you weren't when things get to hot for you. At no point are you mentioning that what you're saying is your opinion in your comments, thus you come off as set in making your opinion seem like fact.

All of the villains have their ups and downs, and none are factually "better" than the other, as that is up for preferences to decide. I like Cyrus, I like N (I'm not a fan of Ghetsis, he was that "pathetic upon losing" villain, which was quite comical). I like Maxie/Archie for being so incredibly obsessed with his goal, that he's oblivious to the dire situation when it's about to unfold, and in denial when it does. I like Lysandre the most though, because I just like his type of villain. All of the Pokemon villains are at the very core generic, but each has their own little charm and flair... or flare.

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

LaserdiscGal

Keep it on topic people

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

-Juice-

Amiibo wrote:

Keep it on topic people

Sorry about that. I'm pretty sure Pokemon is going to continue on as strong as ever. It's one of those things that only gets stale when you burn yourself out on it (or become depressed/hyper critical about everything in life.)

Edited on by -Juice-

3DS Friend Code: 0962-9923-0016

MasterWario

iKhan wrote:

I made this point a while back, but I'd really love it if, instead of distributing them through events, Game Freak allowed people to get those "event legendaries" through super hidden quests. Imagine if every week, there was a new hidden quest that would give you either a special legendary. You didn't know what the quest was, instead you had to ask around and figure it out yourself.

That would be amazing! (Although if they put it straight into the game files someone might figure it out.) Pokemon events are always kind of lame; go to your local Gamestop in a small time window etc. (I'm still upset I missed Meloetta and have like minimal chance to get the Pokemon at this point). It doesn't show that you have any skill and hardly any dedication (just a means of transportation), and chances are it just sets in your box like my Darkrai is right now. At least they could make it fun/difficult to find and capture.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

iKhan

MasterWario wrote:

iKhan wrote:

I made this point a while back, but I'd really love it if, instead of distributing them through events, Game Freak allowed people to get those "event legendaries" through super hidden quests. Imagine if every week, there was a new hidden quest that would give you either a special legendary. You didn't know what the quest was, instead you had to ask around and figure it out yourself.

That would be amazing! (Although if they put it straight into the game files someone might figure it out.) Pokemon events are always kind of lame; go to your local Gamestop in a small time window etc. (I'm still upset I missed Meloetta and have like minimal chance to get the Pokemon at this point). It doesn't show that you have any skill and hardly any dedication (just a means of transportation), and chances are it just sets in your box like my Darkrai is right now. At least they could make it fun/difficult to find and capture.

I think they should be delivered via the internet. It wouldn't be something stuck in the game's code.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Araquanid

But then those who don't connect online won't have access unforunately.

Personally I'd like the games to be sold complete as a whole rather than incomplete with DLC and the like.

Plus people will exploit their locations after the event is given out anyway, not to mention the pokemon has to be coded in-game since they can't really patch games with new pokemon (see x/y lacking oras megas)

Edited on by Araquanid

My Shinies

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

MasterWario

MegaBeedrill wrote:

Personally I'd like the games to be sold complete as a whole rather than incomplete with DLC and the like.

Plus people will exploit their locations after the event is given out anyway, not to mention the pokemon has to be coded in-game since they can't really patch games with new pokemon (see x/y lacking oras megas)

The pokemon would have to be in-game already yes, but I think the point is the downloaded data would contain the location, tiles, etc. so no one could exploit it prior. It shouldn't be too hard to code in since all you need is an entrance on a map to get to the secret location. And you couldn't even call it dlc since they would only last a certain period of time and switch after a few weeks.

The point is not that the newest event Pokemon would be present in these hidden locations, but that on any given week, there might be a Darkai or Precipice Blade Whiscash (or whatever) hiding somewhere in the region, and I have no idea where or what it will be. Yeah people will figure it out before it dissipates, but no one will know for sure at the beginning of the week.

And since this'll keep going on and on and Pokemon might (probably should) repeat eventually, I won't feel I missed out on something huge.

And they could also have a "default" version of it that runs on game that hasn't connected to the internet, so maybe you won't get that Xth Anniversary Shaymin or whatever but you'll still get the standard array of rare Pokemon/legendaries. And maybe it could go off id number too, so no one has the same order/array, and maybe then you won't have to connect to the internet at all. Just map out all the tiles in the game, mark off any inaccessible locations, write a method that places an entrance on a valid tile based on your id number, the pokemon is generated based on your id number as well, etc. There, you've got a working system that doesn't need the internet and nobody can predict.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

jump

On the topic of legendaries, that's one of the things that has started to kill off the games for me. There's an overwhelming amount of Pokes to collect and dozens of the legendaries are simply unable to obtain thanks to so many of the events being based in Japan, you feel defeated even before you start.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Blast

TingLz wrote:

Cyrus wanting to become a god and restarting everything is pathetic?

Ah... Another Cyrus fan. Wasn't he freaking awesome?!

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

Not being able to defend themselves against a ten years old who just started training pokemon a few days ago is.

And let's not mention the Team Galactic uniforms. Or the fact the team is mostly composed of angry dorky teens.

But well, they're designed to be bad grow ups for kids to beat. They're meant to be like that.

Um, wow. I disagree with you. Totally disagree. First time I ever heard somebody throw shots at Cyrus and Team Galactic. Just wow. In my opinion, you are sooooooo wrong and need to replay Pokemon Platinum.

Master of the Hype Train

Eel

Huh, why? I'm not talking about the story of the character, his motives or anything that could be rectified by playing that game.

He's beat by a completely normal ten years old that started training Pokemon a few days ago. This is true for all the villains in the series (well except some MCs are apparently older). Twice for Ghetsis.

Anyway, don't think I have any sort of vendetta against that character. I don't particularly care about it.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Blast

Morpheel wrote:

Huh, why? I'm not talking about the story of the character, his motives or anything that could be rectified by playing that game.

He's beat by a completely normal ten years old that started training Pokemon a few days ago. This is true for all the villains in the series (well except some MCs are apparently older). Twice for Ghetsis.

Anyway, don't think I have any sort of vendetta against that character. I don't particularly care about it.

Just what the heck is your point?

Master of the Hype Train

Araquanid

If you can take on the entire police force and any resistance.. but lose to this:
Untitled
Then you know you're pretty pathetic lol

But IMO I agree cyrus was one of the stronger villians. His goal wasn't cleafied but he was going somewhere with it, being able to control time and space.. pretty much taking over the world or universe is a decently solid goal for a villian to go for.

My Shinies

Blast

MegaBeedrill wrote:

If you can take on the entire police force and any resistance.. but lose to this:
Untitled
Then you know you're pretty pathetic lol

But IMO I agree cyrus was one of the stronger villians. His goal wasn't cleafied but he was going somewhere with it, being able to control time and space.. pretty much taking over the world or universe is a decently solid goal for a villian to go for.

That kid also had Giratina and other legendary Pokemon. Lol

Master of the Hype Train

iKhan

MasterWario wrote:

MegaBeedrill wrote:

The pokemon would have to be in-game already yes, but I think the point is the downloaded data would contain the location, tiles, etc. so no one could exploit it prior. It shouldn't be too hard to code in since all you need is an entrance on a map to get to the secret location. And you couldn't even call it dlc since they would only last a certain period of time and switch after a few weeks.

The point is not that the newest event Pokemon would be present in these hidden locations, but that on any given week, there might be a Darkai or Precipice Blade Whiscash (or whatever) hiding somewhere in the region, and I have no idea where or what it will be. Yeah people will figure it out before it dissipates, but no one will know for sure at the beginning of the week.

And since this'll keep going on and on and Pokemon might (probably should) repeat eventually, I won't feel I missed out on something huge.

And they could also have a "default" version of it that runs on game that hasn't connected to the internet, so maybe you won't get that Xth Anniversary Shaymin or whatever but you'll still get the standard array of rare Pokemon/legendaries. And maybe it could go off id number too, so no one has the same order/array, and maybe then you won't have to connect to the internet at all. Just map out all the tiles in the game, mark off any inaccessible locations, write a method that places an entrance on a valid tile based on your id number, the pokemon is generated based on your id number as well, etc. There, you've got a working system that doesn't need the internet and nobody can predict.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Also, people without internet already can't get the Event Pokemon that are gotten via online event.

My thoughts are that, prior to the game's release, GF could have several months worth of "Hidden missions", and every week they just send that information to games. That would include where the Pokemon is located, any necessary trigger events, and a set of NPCs throughout the world with altered dialogue to hint the player.

Pokemon games already have a bunch of hidden locations that are reserved for events, so I see no reason that they couldn't continue to have these, and utilize them as challenges for the "hidden missions"

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

Bolt_Strike

iKhan wrote:

Pokemon games already have a bunch of hidden locations that are reserved for events, so I see no reason that they couldn't continue to have these, and utilize them as challenges for the "hidden missions"

Actually, they haven't been using event areas as much recently to discourage hacking. They had one for Victini in BW1, but they haven't really done any since.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Araquanid

Blast wrote:

That kid also had Giratina and other legendary Pokemon. Lol

But you catch them after fighting cyrus.

My Shinies

Blast

And the "since the main character is a kid we shouldn't expect a good villian or story" argument is garbage. Earthbound is full of kids kicking butt and it had a GREAT story. We gotta demand better quality from Gamefreak. We can't let them do bad in quality and content.

Master of the Hype Train

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.