Forums

Topic: Is playing a nintendo 3ds childish?

Posts 101 to 108 of 108

unrandomsam

martinskrtel37 wrote:

Is worrying if strangers think you're childish for playing a video game childish?

yes

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

unrandomsam

RobSkillzz wrote:

Is playing a 3DS childish?

Absolutely not.

As others here have said, never be ashamed of your hobby. It's no more childish than reading a book or watching tv.

The childish thing is worrying about whether people think it is childish or not.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

blaisedinsd

asds999 wrote:

blaisedinsd wrote:

What she is really saying is put down the 3DS and pay attention to me.

If you want her to stay your girlfriend than pay attention to the hint man. You should have time to play your 3DS when she isn't around.

But i have never played the 3ds around her. Plus i got it less than a week ago. I only play it when im at home and have nothing else to do

Well maybe she is just expressing to you why she would not play a 3DS. Unless she is actually saying your playing 3DS is a problem for her I wouldn't worry too much about it. Thinking the 3DS is childish is not an uncommon opinion but on this site it is a very unpopular one.

SW-7087-5868-6390

AceDefective

unrandomsam wrote:

RobSkillzz wrote:

Is playing a 3DS childish?

Absolutely not.

As others here have said, never be ashamed of your hobby. It's no more childish than reading a book or watching tv.

The childish thing is worrying about whether people think it is childish or not.

So much this.
Hilariously enough, most things we dictate being for children end up handling mature subject matter better than anything purely adult could. In other words, kid's stuff can be more thought invoking than adult stuff. Tell me, who is dumb again? XD

Just some random loser who loves a variety of things.
Youtube Channel | Deviant ART | YoYo Games account |

3DS Friend Code: 2079-6493-1326 | Nintendo Network ID: ZeroZX_Dev | Twitter:

LuigiTheGreenFire

I don't think playing a Nintendo 3DS is childish. In some ways I would say playing games on a smartphone or tablet is more childish because the games don't have as much to them. Even then, simple games do not instantly equate to childish.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

kereke12

CaviarMeths wrote:

MasterBlaster wrote:

Well, the 3DS does look like it was designed by Fisher Price, so your girlfriend is partially correct.

If you play a sleek looking handheld like the Vita in public you will have girls crawling all over you.

Untitled

I will use this gif every time it's relevant.

Yes, all the girls will be all over you.

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

Electricmastro

There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

mrGREEK360

asds999 wrote:

I'm 18 and own a 3ds and my girlfriend calls me childish? What are your opinions about playing the nintendo 3ds as an adult? (I'm bad at coming up with reasons in arguments help please?).

I'm 27 and have a 3DS/3DS XL and Majoras mask new 3DS XL, gaming is my hobby and my passion and if my girlfriend couldn't handle me playing my New 3ds well I guess she's not the girl for me. My uncle who is in his 40's has a 3ds and he brings it around with him all the time, not to mention he is married and has kids.

Gaming is a escape just like reading a book or watching a movie/tv show, you need to tell her saying playing games is childish is a stereotype and the majority of gamers are over the age of 20, and there is a lot of gamers in their 30's and 40's, this Stero type of games are childish are from older people who didn't grow up with games, and your girlfriend has latched onto this stereotype. The gaming industry is bigger then the movie industry in revenue there are tons of gamers across the world.

I'm sure she plays some sort of game on her smart phone/face book and if she does please point out gaming on a phone is still a game and if your games are childish then hers must be childish, if she plays no games at all then she sound like an uber square and it's time to find a girl who appreciates games.

My gf loves playing nintendo games with me, she has a 3ds also and we play wireless/download play games all the time, iv had a gf once that wanted me to stop playing games well I went and found another girlfriend, tons of fish in the ocean....

Edited on by mrGREEK360

mrGREEK360

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.