Forums

Topic: IGN's Top 25 Nintendo 3DS Games (as of September 2013)

Posts 41 to 60 of 61

Ralizah

mamp wrote:

IDK this list was pretty meh not the game selections or rankings they're great games I meant the list. It's just I feel like the list came out too early there aren't that many games out there for the 3DS I feel like they practically had every noteworthy release that's been on the 3DS in the list (I said noteworthy so who really counts shovelware into this). I seriously can't think of many other games on the 3DS that aren't on the list I doubt there's even more than 10 I can think of.

Um...

SMT: Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate
DOA Dimensions
Devii Survivor: Overclocked
Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Harvest Moon: A New Beginning
Project X-Zone
Rhythm Thief
Shinobi

That's not to mention tons of great downloadable games as well

You would call these games "shovelware?" Seriously?

As for the list, I guess it's okay since it even includes SMT4, EO4, and VLR, but there are two many downloadable titles, and really, do they need both Pushmo AND Crashmo on this list?

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

mamp wrote:

IDK this list was pretty meh not the game selections or rankings they're great games I meant the list. It's just I feel like the list came out too early there aren't that many games out there for the 3DS I feel like they practically had every noteworthy release that's been on the 3DS in the list (I said noteworthy so who really counts shovelware into this). I seriously can't think of many other games on the 3DS that aren't on the list I doubt there's even more than 10 I can think of.

Um...

DOA Dimensions
Project X-Zone
Rhythm Thief
Shinobi

As for the list, I guess it's okay since it even includes SMT4, EO4, and VLR, but there are two many downloadable titles, and really, do they need both Pushmo AND Crashmo on this list?

How did Ghost Recon, Castlevaina, and Overclocked not make that list????

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Ralizah

Spoony_Tech wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

mamp wrote:

Um...

DOA Dimensions
Project X-Zone
Rhythm Thief
Shinobi

How did Ghost Recon, Castlevaina, and Overclocked not make that list????

Well, the guy who did the IGN MoF review hated that game (for no good reason, mind you), so no surprise there.

If we're talking downloadable titles, I'm amazed that someone didn't think to include Cave Story or Kirby's Adventure 3D.

Captain_Balko

This is a pretty awful list. Why is Super Mario 3D Land number 1? It's a great game, sure, and I loved it to death, but it doesn't come close to comparing with Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, et cetera. And Pushmo is ridiculously high on the list... Ugh, seriously IGN, what the heck?

Captain_Balko

Spoony_Tech

I would've like to see Ace Combat on that list as well. Too many good retail games out there for some of those eshop games to get in. Some of them way to high as well. Personally I would rather see Denpa men (either) on that list over any of the other eshop games. Also liked Dillons better as well. Of course some of you already know my top 25 would not include any eshop games. Although some are very good just don't compare to the retail games on offer.

I could add even more retail games that should've been considered but whatever. Oh and yes Kid Icarus is still #1 in my book!

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Zanark

Donkey Kong 13th place while new super mario bros 2 is 7th place. Seems legit

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Snagrio

I-U wrote:

WingedFish wrote:

Kid Icarus is lower then a port of a Wii game (a mighty fine one though), and both are several slots lower then the most unoriginal of the NSMB games?

The most unoriginal NSMB game is on the Wii, though that doesn't necessarily make it a bad game.

I respectfully disagree. NSMBW was the first 2D Mario game in introduce single-screen simultaneous 4 multiplayer.

NSMB2 on the other hand banked almost completely on a coin collecting gimmick. Not to mention 99% of the music was copy-pasted from NSMBW with added vocals. Though it does have the honor of being the first Nintendo game with paid DLC and as a retail download.

Snagrio

3DS Friend Code: 4081-5821-0404 | Nintendo Network ID: WingedFish64

FiveDigitLP

Seriously, where is Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars? This list is null and void without it! Lol.

At least they ranked Fire Emblem really high, though. That game deserves any and all praise it may get.

My Monstrous Backlog: Gloorg

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7090-4051 | Nintendo Network ID: 5DigitLP

dumedum

I think it is a ridiculous list. It doesn't even contain Ghost Recon Shadow Wars or Heroes of Ruin or Castelvania or so many others. I dislike such lists in general but this is just random choice of games. Could have listed in different ways and be the same.

"Dubs Goes to Washington: The Video Game".

Nintendo Network ID: Del_Piero_Mamba

TheOneWhoEats

Huh. Pokemon X and Y, Super Smash Bros, and A Link Between Worlds should all be able to put up quite the fight. They should be able to top most titles here.

"Make jokes, not sense." - Somebody

mamp

Ralizah wrote:

mamp wrote:

Um...

DOA Dimensions
Project X-Zone
Rhythm Thief
Shinobi

Don't start twisting my words I did not say they were shovelware I just said don't include the shovelware. Even still I think they should have waited a bit more until the 3DS had an even larger library I feel like this list is way too early in the 3DS's life span. I'll drop this argument I don't want to argue about an opinion I posted I respect your opinion hope you can respect mine

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Blast

I honestly believe that the 3DS will get more DS games like Golden Sun in 2014. The 3DS has great success and it will continue to get more games. Don't be surprised if we see Golden Sun 3D announced in January.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

CanisWolfred

Blastoise-san wrote:

I honestly believe that the 3DS will get more DS games like Golden Sun in 2014. The 3DS has great success and it will continue to get more games. Don't be surprised if we see Golden Sun 3D announced in January.

Yuck, Why Golden Sun? I do so hope you're wrong...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

mamp

CanisWolfred wrote:

Blastoise-san wrote:

Yuck, Why Golden Sun? I do so hope you're wrong...

I loved Golden Sun but the DS game was the biggest let down ever (at least I have never felt so let down by a game before in my life). I kind of just block it out of my head because I don't like to think about it.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Ralizah

I have no issue with Super Mario 3D Land being #1. It is a legitimately great game, and the first title to really justify the system's stereoscopic 3D effect.

Spoony_Tech

Ralizah wrote:

I have no issue with Super Mario 3D Land being #1. It is a legitimately great game, and the first title to really justify the system's stereoscopic 3D effect.

Wouldn't even be in my top ten. I can easily find ten games better then it!

MERG said:

RR529

Positives:

• Glad to see Sticker Star get some love
  • Glad to see KH:DDD made it (even though I'd personally put it higher)
  • No Mutant Mudds.

Negatives:

• No Ace Combat
  • No Tales of the Abyss
  • No DOAD
  • No Guild series games (I figured at least one would make it)

???:

• Steamworld Dig (haven't played it, so I'm not going to judge it's position, but it just came as a surprise, especially so high up. Is it really that good?)

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

RR529 wrote:

???:

• Steamworld Dig (haven't played it, so I'm not going to judge it's position, but it just came as a surprise, especially so high up. Is it really that good?)

The all of 3 people who I know played it all say yes.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

KarrotMan

Ralizah wrote:

Agreed. 3DLand may not be my favorite but it was a thoroughly solid experience and a game that felt tailor-made for the 3DS that should be a part for all 3DS owners. The only offensive part in the list is putting Sticker Star in there while leaving Dream Team, among other games, out in the dust. Still need to get Steam World dig, maybe I should wait for a sale like the Guild 02 games.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.