3DS Forum

Topic: IGN reviews the Nintendo 3DS (7.5/10) & Steel Diver (7/10)

Showing 41 to 60 of 103

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

41. Posted:

It got a deduction in score because it's a smidge bulky in design and it's mildy troublesome to stick in your pocket? Good lord.
And considering that this is the first glassless 3D hand held device ect ect, I don't find the $249.99 price tag to be that high at all, seems reasonable to me.

I'm only worried about having to stay in that sweet spot, or losing focus of the 3D, which seems like the only real downside or 'something' to be concerned about aside from eye strain or headaches or NOT being able to see the 3D completely do to eye problems.

PS: I'm reminded once again how ugly the original DS Phat's design is....Easily the ugliest NIntendo hand held ever created. It's no wonder I didn't bother with the thing during it's release. touch screen controls aside, it looks absolutely ridiculous and those far less bright screens make it much less appealing as well. :p

But I agree, there aren't any Land mark launch titles. I'm definitly getting Nintendog's + Cats, SSFIV 3D and PilotWings Resort, not to mention Rayman 3 3D and Super Monkey Ball 3D are on the maybe list. Yet I've now canned Steel Diver, just doesn't look like my cup of tea and it's dissapointing to hear that the 3D effects in the game are unimpressive.

Edited on by WaveyChristmas

Currently Playing: Kirby's Dreamland 2!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

EliPro

42. Posted:

I sort of agree with the score. Yes there are some stupid reasons for its score, like it being hard to fit in your pocket, which is ridicules to even mention, but i think what they are getting at is that its 250 bucks for a system thats better off getting later when all those features are already there and way better games are out. The launch lineup isn't bad, but their isn't anything that's a "must buy". That being, if you are a hardcore Ninty fan, and love anything Nintendo has done in the past, then there is defiantly fun to be had until then, and there are some great gameplay experiences to be had also. So in other words, I and alot of other people are getting a 3ds on launch day. Im getting Steel Diver and Super Street Fighter 4 3d Editon.
P.S. Ign gave Steel Diver a 7 rating, because of the 40 dollar price tag, and the somewhat lack amount of content, but the gameplay was very compelling. I think it deserves an 8, but that just me, Read and decide for yourself. Im getting it.

Edited on by theblackdragon

Wii FC:5954-2958-4632-5792
GE007:00555-9505-006
Brawl:1634-0151-9007
3DS:3609-1031-8007
Steam:WindSquid
Xbox Live GT:windsquid887
Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

43. Posted:

EliPro wrote:

...like it being hard to fit in your pocket, which is ridicules to even mention...

That's pretty important for a portable, especially from a line that's traditionally been able to fit in the pockets of at least adults.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

44. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

EliPro wrote:

...like it being hard to fit in your pocket, which is ridicules to even mention...

That's pretty important for a portable, especially from a line that's traditionally been able to fit in the pockets of at least adults.

Pffff, guys can just stick it in their man purses. And I'm sure 'da gangsta's' won't have a problem slipping it in their saging clown pants, since their pockets are the size of a kangaroo pouch.

Anyways, I don't think it's a good idea sticking 'any' portable in your pants....You mean to tell me that the original GB could fit in your jeans? Or that you would risk getting the GBC's screen cracked or damaged if they were in your pants? The DS Lite seems to be the best pocket portable. Anyways, I wouldn't carry any portable in my pants, I'd throw it in my back pack or hand bag. But then again, I don't game on the go. I do my portable gaming at home so this doesn't matter to me at all.

We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!

AuthorMessage

willobee

45. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Original Gameboy: 90 mm x 148 mm x 32 mm
DS Phat: 85 mm x 149 mm x 29 mm
DS Lite: 74 mm x 133 mm x 22 mm
DSi: 75 mm x 137 mm x 19 mm
3DS: 74 mm x 134 mm x 21 mm

Conclusion: That reviewer's pants shrunk in the wash, or he's never carried a Nintendo handheld in his pockets anyway.

Edited on by willobee

NNID: willobee

AuthorMessage

Link79

46. Posted:

I bet when the PSP 2 launches they'll praise it to high heaven. Ign Bah. What a bunch of Whiners.
If it's a Nintendo product it must be mediocre right?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

moosa

47. Posted:

#45 has it right. It's the same size as a DS Lite or a DSi. The only thing more pocket friendly would be a GBA SP or GBMicro.
It's CERTAINLY more pocket friendly than the NGP. :D

Edited on by moosa

Stop complaining and GO PLAY GAMES.

AuthorMessage

EliPro

48. Posted:

Pocket friendliness doesn't phase me. This the newest idea from the brilliant minds of Nintendo. Yeah sure, it may not be at it's fullest now, but i can't wait to get my hands on it. Reply to this comment if your getting it day one like me.

Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

AuthorMessage

Link79

49. Posted:

I just dug out my original brick gameboy and guess what? It fits in my pocket. Sure it's kinda bulky but by golly it fits.
Are these guys at Ign talking about a 10 yr olds pocket?

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

EliPro

50. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

I just dug out my original brick gameboy and guess what? It fits in my pocket. Sure it's kinda bulky but by golly it fits.
Are these guys at Ign talking about a 10 yr olds pocket?

They sure act like they are 10 year olds.

Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

AuthorMessage

WaveyChristmas

51. Posted:

The constant Nintendo thrashing hipster ***hole 'Daemon HATEfield', The resident Playstation loving Ghostbusters fanatic funny man(ya right) who still looks like a 12 years old 'Greg Miller' and that pretentious pretty stuck up PSP licking puppet that looks like Kelly from Saved by the Bell 'Jessica Chobot' are the WORST. I just can't really take IGN that serious anymore, their bias, whinyness towards Nintendo, their mediocre reviews and uninteresting editors bore me, let alone a lot of their tastes are geared towards everything I can't stand in gaming, it's like the 'retro' was completely sucked out of their office in favor of big guns, flashy graphics and movie-like cinametics.

And yep, they're going to praise the NGP, big suprise....It's going to be Chobots new lick toy.
Anyways, If Matt, Bozon and Craig were still there I'd definitly be visiting a lot more often.

IGN's got nothing on Destructoid.

AuthorMessage

default12345

52. Posted:

I'm still getting this. I didn't have the pleasure of owning a DS so I have the entire DS games library as well as all of this new content to explore. Good times.

default12345

AuthorMessage

EliPro

53. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Amen

Edited on by James

Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

AuthorMessage

Bankai

54. Posted:

Can I just say that this thread was entirely predictable? No real comment either way on this (I have my share of problems with IGN), but... yes.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Highwinter

55. Posted:

Having not played the thing I can't really judge.. But so far, I agree with them. The design isn't great, I'm not sure about "bulky" but it's definitely pretty ugly and I have problems seeing 3D most of the time, so I doubt I'm going to enjoy the system for that reason.

I also think the system has a horrible launch line up. It's true most systems usually don't have many great games but this is one of the first that doesn't really have a "killer ap" or must have title. I know they wanted to push Zelda back to give other games a chance first.. but I think that was a mistake.

I don't hate the system and I'm not trying to troll. But you guys don't need to zealously defend the thing.
(Oh, and I don't like IGN.. but Destructiod? Come on guys).

Edited on by Highwinter

Highwinter

AuthorMessage

Bankai

56. Posted:

Yes, the system does have a killer app launch title - Samurai Warriors.

And no, I'm not joking.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Highwinter

57. Posted:

WaltzElf wrote:

Yes, the system does have a killer app launch title - Samurai Warriors.

And no, I'm not joking.

I'm not a fan of the series and I know most people in the West don't care for it much either. (I don't think we need to argue about that again). My biggest problem though is that it seems like a much more limited version of a game coming out for other systems.

It's the main reason I won't give Lego Star Wars III more credit either. I really love the Lego series, they're a lot of fun to play, have a lot of re playability and a stupid amount of unlockables.. But I'd rather play it on the Xbox 360 on a huge TV with a friend.

Pilotwings seems like the closes thing to a really must have game.. but it's apparently very short and uses a lot of recycled content.

Highwinter

AuthorMessage

Corbs

58. Posted:

3DS killer launch title = Rayman 3D. :D

Retro Editor, Nintendo Life
Vita Editor, Push Square

AuthorMessage

EliPro

59. Posted:

Corbs wrote:

3DS killer launch title = Rayman 3D. :D

Speaking of which, nice final fantasy 3 review corbs.

Im currently playing:
Plants Vs Zombies

AuthorMessage

JoeDiddley

60. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

That's weird, my internet security package thinks that Destructoid is threatening my computer.

Edited on by JoeDiddley

My Backloggery -
3DS: 5327 0913 7260