Forums

Topic: IGN reviews Pilotwings Resort - 7/10

Posts 1 to 20 of 26

Sephariel

I think they were to harsh on it. It sounded like 8/10 to me.

Sephariel

Deviant_Mugen

I'll wait for Corbie's review to pop up, thanks...

"Don't make enemies, they'll stab your heart; don't make friends, they'll stab your back. Including me, including you, all men are trash. Don't love; don't be loved. Have nothing to do with other; live in isolation."

TeeJay

Haha, both of IGN's negative points don't apply to me, as, like I said earlier, I've never played a game featuring Wuhu island, and I have never played a Pilotwings game either. I love Mii's so this is good, and the one thing I was dissapointed in was the time limit in free play mode, (I hate time limits with a passion), but I was ecstatic to hear that doing missions will at least extend my free play time.

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

IanMage

Why is the guy so critical of the squirrel suit?

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

Sylverstone

Tj92 wrote:

Haha, both of IGN's negative points don't apply to me, as, like I said earlier, I've never played a game featuring Wuhu island, and I have never played a Pilotwings game either. I love Mii's so this is good, and the one thing I was dissapointed in was the time limit in free play mode, (I hate time limits with a passion), but I was ecstatic to hear that doing missions will at least extend my free play time.

I played Pilotwings 64, but I never had a game featuring Wuhu Island, so I really don't give a care for the reviews on it at all.

Website | SYLVER.STREAM on Twitch | SK+SE on Ko-fi

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9715-1818 | Nintendo Network ID: Sylverstone14 | Twitter:

turtlelink

Man, I wish they did have Multiplayer. That was one of the best game modes in Wii Sports Resort. Oh gosh, now I want to Wii Sports Resort now

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

TheBaconator

This is actually a pretty good score to receive from IGN considering it only has one location and not many features. (IGN loves their useless features) I wouldn't care if it got any kind of score below or higher then it did, I'm just happy there's a new Pilotwings game for me to play. I kind of wish that they would put up their written review though...

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

TheBaconator

Here's the written review:
http://ds.ign.com/articles/115/1156877p1.html
I find the grade on the graphics kind of harsh. They gave the graphics a 6/10, which would be alright if it was a Wii game, but its on a handheld. Not to mention they said the 3D effect was great so wouldn't that fall into the graphics category. Sometimes I wonder...Aw well, at least the review explains more about the game and how it plays better then that dreaded Steel Diver review they put out.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

Malkeor

zezhyrule wrote:

Do we need a new thread every time someone reviews a game?

I certainly don't mind. It's good discussion.

And based on the review it does seem like it took a hit from the lack of multilayer, streetpass, customization options, etc.
Understandable because I understand he was disappointed...but it does seem like a fun game...For 40 bucks though...I dunno how much time i'd spend on it...i'd have to think about it, maybe try a demo at Best Buy if it's up.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-2988-0518
Currently playing:
Kid Icarus Uprising
Radiant Historia

suburban_sensei

If I WAS getting a 3DS at launch, I would def pick up Pilotwings. Since I am waiting probably a year or two to get one, I sure hope that this game doesn't become super rare or anything.

Nintendo ID / PSN ID: Suburban_Sensei
3DS Friend Code:3239-5626-6674

Currently playing:
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse / Hyrule Warriors / Super Smash Bros. (Wii U)
Super Smash Bros. / LoZ: Majoras Mask 3D / Kirby...

CanisWolfred

zezhyrule wrote:

Do we need a new thread every time someone reviews a game?

I was Just thinking the same thing. Why not have an "Early 3DS reviews" Thread instead of a zillion other ones.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

komicturtle

I'm still getting it

I do agree, as it seems they could have expanded more on it (this is Monster Games, creators of the amazing Excite Truck and Excite Bots). Multiplayer is a miss, but not a huge deal.

komicturtle

IanMage

Does anyone know if there are Miis on the island?

3DS friend code: 1160-9727-7802
Wii U ID: ianmage1
I'm working on an animated feature film called "WhiteLand." Check out my progress: http://www.youtube.com/user/ianmage1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.