Forums

Topic: IGN Article - The 3DS Drought Is Over (So Stop Complaining)

Posts 81 to 89 of 89

Simmer_E

Look at my avatar and you'll see how I feel about Animal Crossing lol

@KomicZ

Well...my town will be...non dumpier and make yours look like a dump! lol

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter:

grumblegrumble

Mully wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

I want Animal Crossing 3DS... that game is going to devour hours of my life. And everyone in it.

Embarrassed to say that this one is probably my most anticipated 3DS game. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.

When is Animal Crossing coming to the 3DS? Is it a brand new game for the 3DS exclusively? Sorry if I sound like I'm under a rock lol

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0578-9918 (User name: Grumble) If u add me let me know so I can add you back ;) Current Favorites: NSMB 2, CrossWords Plus, Art Academy: Lessons For Everyone, Donkey Kong, Mario Golf, Balloon Pop Remix, Precipice, Digidrive, Art of Balance: Touch, Speed X3D, R...

zezhyrule

Mully wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

I want Animal Crossing 3DS... that game is going to devour hours of my life. And everyone in it.

Embarrassed to say that this one is probably my most anticipated 3DS game. Shhhh. Don't tell anyone.

why are you embarrassed? Yes, AC is awesome, everyone knows that. No reason to hide it o.0
I mean, what, would you rather say you're playing a HARDCORE game like mario, or kirby!

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

shingi_70

grumblegrumble wrote:

Mully wrote:

Viewtiful_Joe wrote:

you can find a video on the eshop.

When is Animal Crossing coming to the 3DS? Is it a brand new game for the 3DS exclusively? Sorry if I sound like I'm under a rock lol

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

komicturtle

AC3DS is an entirely new AC game. It's not like how City Folk was a simple enhanced version of Wild World. I did like City Folk and some things it added (mailing friends which lacked in Wild World- you had to be in their town to mail them stuff which was stupid), but City Folk was disappointing and did not live up to what it was supposed to be.

From what little is known, AC3DS seems to be pushing the series forward and I can't wait to see more of it and play it. Judging from how Nintendo are releasing their games now, I expect the game to be here in the states around Auguest-October, which sucks, but that's what I think as they also have Kid Icarus, Mario Tennis, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion 2, etc. to release and AC seems perfect for that time frame.

And yeah, it's me just guessing so don't take it too seriously. Honestly, I hope it comes out sooner than that.. May even :3

komicturtle

skywake

YellowChocobo wrote:

I'm only using myself as and a example to highlight my point, but as someone who has, almost exclusively, a very big library of very niche RPG and strategy games on the DS, the 3DS isn't doing nearly as much for me as the Vita's lineup is already offering.

It's nice to have both, you know? The blockbusters and the niche stuff. It goes back to Nintendo's fundamental problem in attracting third parties - the DS didn't, the Wii did, and then 3DS is shaping up to take after the Wii, unfortunately.

The DS freakishly attracted RPGs like nothing else and the Wii brought point-and-click adventures and 2D platformers back from the grave. Currently the 3DS seems to be doing the same with fighters so I'm sure that people who love that genre would be very happy already. But even then if you asked people on the street why they got the console they'd probably say it was for Wii Sports, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Pokemon, Zelda or something similar.

and while it is important for cool little "niche" third party games to appear I don't think that's the 3DS' problem ATM. Of the games out already that have 75% or more on Metacritic there are a wide range of genres with 8 out of the 10 from third parties. There is no shortage of games like Cave Story and Bit Trip which I'd say are the definition of cool little "niche" indie hits. What the 3DS is lacking currently is a big system seller blockbuster title with mass appeal like Mario Kart or Mario.... because all it has currently is Ocarina of Time 3D.

Edited on by skywake

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

komicturtle

I'm pretty sure the DS attracted more 3rd parties than Wii. Positively sure, actually- remember MW and MW2 came out for DS the same day as 360 and PS3 versions, but not Wii (MW Reflex Edition came out in 2009, 2 years after). It's one of many examples. 3rd Parties really brought the games on DS and they were mostly quality titles from them compared to Wii.

komicturtle

JeanLuc_Vaycard

theblackdragon wrote:

i like how two or three highly anticipated first-party games are on the horizon and suddenly 'the 3DS drought is over'. whoop-dee-doo, lol.

This and also what Waltz said about no RPGs and strategy games as those are really my bread and butter. A few first party games will hold me over for a month or two, but I need something more to sink my teeth into. The DS had a lot of RPGs and strats, so this has just been disappointing for me.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Groovius

There is a ton of exciting stuff coming, that's for sure- and there better be, because I've abandoned home consoles. (3DS + Vita > Wii + PS3 )

I'm about to beat a dead horse, but seriously... if the 3DS had been launched at $180, accompanied by Mario Kart 7 with full online play and a functional eShop to play with, there would be a glut of doom-and-gloom articles about how the Vita may never be able to catch up. I wouldn't want to see that kind of crap, either, because like any real gamer, I want both handhelds to succeed.

Well, mistakes were made, we can't change the past, wrongs are being righted, etc. Like all Nintendo consoles ever, the high-quality first-party exclusives are going to be the killer apps, and we're getting plenty of those, which ensures the system's success for the near future.

Groovius

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.