Forums

Topic: If you bought a 3DS and are hoping for games NOT in 3D, you got your wish.

Posts 81 to 87 of 87

retired_account

Ah, I did a little digging and you're correct. I remember seeing a lot of fuss made over it by news sites saying it was the "first game not to support 3D," so I guess they must've added button support after that.

retired_account

Dizzard

Frankly, if a game doesn't use much or any 3D.....but otherwise it's an awesome game. Then I'll be more than happy.

It might shock people but the main reason I bought the 3DS wasn't for the 3D....that was just a bonus.

Most of the time I only have the 3D on for very short 5-7 minute bursts.

Edited on by Dizzard

Dizzard

caityful

Personally I don't even use the 3D 90% of the time. But you'd think that if they'd known that at time of development, they wouldn't have skimped on the dodgy battery... :/

Edited on by caityful

Apollo

Wow, you guys who don't care about 3D at all should have held out for a Vita. It would have been worth the wait and you could have enjoyed all the non-3D games you could handle on the DS in the meantime.

I crank the 3d up to max on all games using the feature. I've been gaming non-3d my whole life and all but I bought the 3DS on the premise of next gen gaming in glasses free 3D. You know, just how Nintendo marketed the system at $250/unit.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

retired_account

Apollo wrote:

Wow, you guys who don't care about 3D at all should have held out for a Vita. It would have been worth the wait and you could have enjoyed all the non-3D games you could handle on the DS in the meantime.

I crank the 3d up to max on all games using the feature. I've been gaming non-3d my whole life and all but I bought the 3DS on the premise of next gen gaming in glasses free 3D. You know, just how Nintendo marketed at $250/unit.

You mean you can play Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus on the Vita? Wow, that thing is way more awesome than I thought.

retired_account

SonicMaster

pixelman wrote:

Apollo wrote:

I crank the 3d up to max on all games using the feature. I've been gaming non-3d my whole life and all but I bought the 3DS on the premise of next gen gaming in glasses free 3D. You know, just how Nintendo marketed at $250/unit.

You mean you can play Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, and Kid Icarus on the Vita? Wow, that thing is way more awesome than I thought.

QFT

SonicMaster

Birdman

@Apollo - Yep, 3DS games without 3D will be lame, in the same way that games on the Wii that don't use motion controls suck hard. I mean, Super Smash Bros. Brawl? What a terrible, terrible game. Worst $50 I've ever spent in my life.

In case you didn't pick up on the sarcasm above, the 3D effect isn't the only thing that improved since the original DS. Just because it's the main improvement advertised about the 3DS doesn't mean it has to be used. Like I've said before, I don't think anyone liked Cave Story any less because its graphics weren't as technologically impressive as they could've been, or SSBB because it didn't use motion controls.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.