Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 401 to 420 of 421

komicturtle

If you have a 3DS and are enjoying it... why argue? Reading posts here, things are going in circles.

komicturtle

bub166

ballkirby1 wrote:

I personally think the 3DS is the greatest handheld gaming system of all time because you can play original DS games on it, there's Ocarina of Time, and now you can watch every King of the Hill episode while your on the toilet.

I'm late to the party, but when was there KotH? Unless you mean Netflix, I don't know much about Netflix because I do not have it.

If there is an alternate method, however, I'm going to live in my bathroom.

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

LzWinky

WaltzElf wrote:

Well when you buy a system at launch, you're taking the risk of being a guinea pig, i.e. testing the system.

You do realise that product go through testing before commercial release, right?

Yeah, about that. There are always gonna be glitches and bugs that are overseen simply because they are not consumer-tested yet

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

skywake

The 3DS game library for the end of this year is looking a hell of lot better than the Wii game library looked for the first year. The Wii had Metroid, Mario and Zelda and not much else by the end of 2007 and yet the 3DS is getting Mario Kart, Mario, a remake of OoT, a FREE copy of four swords AND Tetris and we're somehow complaining that the 3DS is doomed because of a poor software lineup..............

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Mandoble

"Mario Kart, Mario, a remake of OoT, a FREE copy of four swords AND Tetris" <- Oh, you are right, what an impressive and ground breaking software lineup, for sure everybody thinking about buying a Vita will change his mind immediatelly after noticing that.

Mandoble

komicturtle

I'm looking forward to getting my 26 games on 3DS that I want. And I'm looking forward to Vita. So, while people are being silly and taking sides of 3DS vs Vita, I'll be enjoying both systems whilst they argue away in the forums over absolutely nothing.

komicturtle

LzWinky

Mandoble wrote:

"Mario Kart, Mario, a remake of OoT, a FREE copy of four swords AND Tetris" <- Oh, you are right, what an impressive and ground breaking software lineup, for sure everybody thinking about buying a Vita will change his mind immediatelly after noticing that.

You forgot about the other 80% of upcoming software

And might I mention that the Vita is also getting a lot of sequels, ports, and remakes

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

LzWinky

WaveBoy wrote:

Nothing impresses or is ever good enough for mandoble lol
I just don't understand the constant negative Anti-Nintendo train you constantly cruise. I mean you've opened up about hating the company continuesly. This is Nintendo Life, not Sony Life.

There's no rule here that states you have to like Nintendo

Edited on by theblackdragon

komicturtle

I don't think people should worry about business aspect. Maybe Waltz as he has experience- even though I disagree with his claims, least he for the most part knows what he's talking about. Other people are pulling stuff out of their... And well, seem to complain about everything and dare not look at the facts. The 3DS has more software on the way into next year. Plus, two neat eShop games this year as well as Picross, which I want to be my first Picross game. There's only been three remakes- two by Nintendo and one by Atlus. I don't know where people are getting that 50% of 3DS software are remakes.

Sure, there are ports (about 5 off the top of my head), but the Vita has the same case- lots of ports. Not a bad thing especially if they are good games. But if you're going to argue about 3DS having ports, sequels and whatnot yet praise the Vita, please be consistent because it's the same case across the board. Sequels aren't bad, especially when 3DS needs the software and if it's been awhile since the last installment of the series (MKWii came out April 2008- 3 and a half years since).

komicturtle

SkywardLink98

No thanks, I still have a life of gaming a head of me

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

KarrotMan

KomicZ wrote:

I'm looking forward to getting my 26 games on 3DS that I want. And I'm looking forward to Vita. So, while people are being silly and taking sides of 3DS vs Vita, I'll be enjoying both systems whilst they argue away in the forums over absolutely nothing.

Third. 3DS is a fun piece of kit and so is the Vita when I get it. The iTouch too.
I really am upset with all those gloom & doom talks all around the web. The 3DS has no Gaemz, Nintendo's stock is plummeting, Iwata on the ejection seat... and all this in a span of half a year in the 3DS' life. Give it some time, alot of consoles go through rough patches early in their life. I am confident that Nintendo will be a success this gen, they may not reach DS/Wii success, but will still be so. The same can be said for Vita. But hey, I do enjoy reading a few biased articles hear and there, it makes for a good laugh.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Tweetter
Devian tArt
Mumblr Page
[em][url=http://backloggery.com/kara...

Mandoble

@WaveBoy, I'm pretty sure if someone gives a broken club and a stone to you you would be happy forever having lots of fun with them, even better if these are paid for good money. Well, not all of us are so easy to content.

But if it would be depending on these like you, we would be still playing with an small white square going from left to right and right to left of the screen each time it hits a white rectangle that can move just up and down. Because you know, that was a so ground breaking tennis simulator, oh, and it had a so cute black background ...

Mandoble

LordTendoboy

KomicZ wrote:

There's only been three remakes- two by Nintendo and one by Atlus. I don't know where people are getting that 50% of 3DS software are remakes.

Rayman 3D (Rayman 2), Splinter Cell 3D (Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory), Ocarina of Time 3D, StarFox 64 3D, that Atlus game, etc.

So that's more than 3 remakes.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Stereoman

@tendoboy

He gets so easily away because he makes a difference between remakes vs ports!
But anyway im happy with my NES retro fix at the moment hehe ...
nice try KomicZ

Edited on by Stereoman

MH4 online thread

3DS Friend Code: 1504-7028-1432

LordTendoboy

Karakato_001 wrote:

KomicZ wrote:

Third. 3DS is a fun piece of kit and so is the Vita when I get it. The iTouch too.
I really am upset with all those gloom & doom talks all around the web. The 3DS has no Gaemz, Nintendo's stock is plummeting, Iwata on the ejection seat... and all this in a span of half a year in the 3DS' life. Give it some time, alot of consoles go through rough patches early in their life. I am confident that Nintendo will be a success this gen, they may not reach DS/Wii success, but will still be so. The same can be said for Vita. But hey, I do enjoy reading a few biased articles hear and there, it makes for a good laugh.

This. The PS3 had a very rough first 2 years, and look at how well it's doing now. Tons of third-party support and plenty of exclusive games and content. Sure it's not as popular as the Xbox 360, but it's still pretty popular with "core" gamers.

[...

komicturtle

... Nice try?

It's an inconvinient truth. Rayman 3D is a port of the Dreamcast version. Remakes have enhancements (Such as Pokemon FireRed). Splinter Cell 3D is not a remake. That game is a port. If it was remade, I'm positively sure it would have more features and look better than what it does. It's basically an enhanced port of the DS game.

Yeah, so it's still 3 remakes.

komicturtle

grumblebuzzz

Basically the 3DS is a portable Wii with 3D capabilities. Either that's your thing or it's not. Yeah, it had a bad launch but the games are gonna pour in in 2012. Nintendo is a company that has seen its share of downturns and upswings. Both the N64 and Gamecube performed under expectations and back then everyone was saying, "Nintendo should stick to handhelds." Then the Wii came along and now it's the opposite: people are saying Nintendo should stick to home consoles and sell out to ios with its portable games. I, for one, would be devastated at cheap little apps for $.99 with Mario pasted on them.

Edited on by grumblebuzzz

When I close my eyes, I see pixilated blood.

Terave

Mully wrote:

Basically the 3DS is a portable Wii with 3D capabilities. Either that's your thing or it's not. Yeah, it had a bad launch but the games are gonna pour in in 2012. Nintendo is a company that has seen its share of downturns and upswings. Both the N64 and Gamecube performed under expectations and back then everyone was saying, "Nintendo should stick to handhelds." Then the Wii came along and now it's the opposite: people are saying Nintendo should stick to home consoles and sell out to ios with its portable games. I, for one, would be devastated at cheap little apps for $.99 with Mario pasted on them.

You mark my words.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

LordTendoboy

Mully wrote:

Agreed. Isn't it funny how people flip-flop back and forth so quickly when things don't go they way they want them to?

I also remember when people were saying "Nintendo should stick to handhelds". But if they had done that, then the inevitable release of the iPhone/iPod Touch would have killed them, and they would have nothing else to fall back on.

Once Apple or Google make a device that makes home consoles obsolete then all the console manufacturers will have to either adapt or be left behind.

[...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.