Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 381 to 400 of 421

komicturtle

I added about 7 games to my list of 20 3DS games I want.

Far from a failure in my mind. Loving it all.

komicturtle

Jamouse

theblackdragon wrote:

Guys, liking Sony products is not a 'disease'; we're (mostly) adults and we're allowed to like more than one thing in this life. Why does everything have to be so cut and dry? :/

SONY FAN DETECTED. NINTENDO LIFE GOING INTO QUARANTINE.

Sorry guys. I'm a teenager so i am not allowed to like more than one thing in this life. Sorry.

Jamouse

NIN10DOXD

Its-Mii-Will wrote:

littlebigplanet wrote:

The 3DS has been a big dissapointment. Graphics are comparible to the PSP, it's excuse for 3rd party support is ports and remakes. the 3D effect is dull and adds nothing.
I'm done.
I'm gonna buy me a Vita. It's getting a new Bioshock and Assassin's creed.

3DS Rocks
False. 3DS is more powerful than the PSP. And there was a conference today. 3rd Party support was there.

I'm gonna lol hard when people buy the Vita day one, and they have the same problems they did with the 3DS.

NIN10DOXD

Papa_Godzilla

i must admit i almost sold my 3DS at some point. Thought to sell it then get more ps3 titles.
i was waiting for starfox to make my mind, then...
boom, ill keep that 3DS. Even more when i saw the upcoming 2012 titles.

as for the ps3, seeing Skyrim coming soon, i wont be buying any ps3 titles for a long LONG while. when oblivion came out, it was my main game. The only other console that got my money was the DS. and now ithe story repeats itself. Skyrim + nintendo 3DS.

Papa_Godzilla

k8sMum

Mully wrote:

We all can agree that the system launched prematurely before the games or even the hardware was ready. That doesn't make it a bad system, it just means it was rushed. Remember everyone's "I WANT IT NOW!" posts after E3 2010? Nintendo listened to you and rushed the 3DS to market and now... The games are coming in November and I'm sure 2012 will see every title shown off so far for the 3DS get released. I think basically what it boils down to right now is a bunch of impatient people with instant gratification syndrome.

the part i disagree with is your saying that 'nintendo listened to you and rushed the 3DS to market'. nope. don't blame the consumer for this one: nintendo ALWAYS does what it wants, when it wants, how it wants. they wouldn't break a sweat about posts begging for a system. they thought they could get away with pushing the 3DS out the door before it was ready, before there were any games, etc. nintendo is a great company in many ways, but listening to what the people want is not one of their attributes.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

TeeJay

I notice the original poster isn't posting.....are they afraid to say something after all these great announcements?

Edited on by TeeJay

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

komicturtle

DrCruse wrote:

I'll just say I'm glad I didn't buy one. It's failing more than I ever expected it would.

Uhm, I don't think so.

Maybe in a parallel universe, but 3DS is picking up steam. DS struggled even more than the 3DS. But look how everything turned out for the system. The 3DS is following the DS' path again and I can only see things getting better. There are 26 games I want on 3DS. That's a lot of games. And because I'm open to new experiences and open minded.

People should be too.

komicturtle

CosmoXY

I'm absolutely happy with my 3DS! I haven't loved a gaming machine, handheld or console, this much in ages. I take it everywhere I go, have tons of fun with the handfull of games I have for it and I'm looking forward to many of the fantastic looking games that are coming our way. Not to mention the VC, there are so many classic GB games that I missed out on that I'm looking forward to playing for the first time! I don't get the hate.

On that note, I hope Sony fans will equally enjoy their new system when it launches. There's no reason why we all can't be happy with our game systems!

Edited on by CosmoXY

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

LzWinky

If the 3DS is failing, then the whole industry as a whole is a failure. Say bye bye to that nice Vita coming next year

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

It usually sucks for early adopters. I remeber being on the nsider forums during the ds launch and seeing everybody on the nsider forums saying it sucked. Forward a year later too christmas 05 and me getting a ds with fifa and mario kart. Was great and at the big wifi connection boom. Between them animal crossing, resident evil, and metoid i had a great time.

Same thing here. Im gettong a 3ds sometime this month with a couple of games (oot, doa, and resident evil) now between those and the eshop games im ready to go. Folloowed by a steady rlease of games until next year should hold me off until e3 for wii u and when the real 3ds heavy hiiters are announced.

Doctor lautrec and the forgotten kingdom
Bit trip saga
Mario kart 7
Ace combat
Super mario 3d land (might pick up next year if there is a spring drought)
Metal gear solid 3d
Kid icarcas
Tales of the abyss

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

LzWinky

Well when you buy a system at launch, you're taking the risk of being a guinea pig, i.e. testing the system. Of course it's not gonna be perfect. This is absolutely nothing new, so it's no one's fault but yours if you buy it at launch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

k8sMum

lz20XX wrote:

Well when you buy a system at launch, you're taking the risk of being a guinea pig, i.e. testing the system. Of course it's not gonna be perfect. This is absolutely nothing new, so it's no one's fault but yours if you buy it at launch

y'know, i could go with this concept except for the fact that nintendo/sony/microsoft have been in the gaming industry for a l-o-n-g time. when a product is deemed good to go it isn't acceptable, imho, to use those who buy at launch as people who are paying for the privilege of being beta testers. that is R & D's job, not the consumer.

Papa_Godzilla

yeah. remember the xbox 360 launch ? everyone i know who owned a 360 had it return at least once for the red ring of death or other technical defunct. EVERYONE.
the launch console made 2 of my friends return it 3 times the same year, thats crazy.

Papa_Godzilla

LzWinky

k8sMum wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

y'know, i could go with this concept except for the fact that nintendo/sony/microsoft have been in the gaming industry for a l-o-n-g time. when a product is deemed good to go it isn't acceptable, imho, to use those who buy at launch as people who are paying for the privilege of being beta testers. that is R & D's job, not the consumer.

While that may be true, there are still risks. You know something will go wrong. It happens all the time. I bet the Vita will have some issues that Sony overlooked

k8sMum

lz20XX wrote:

k8sMum wrote:

lz20XX wrote:

While that may be true, there are still risks. You know something will go wrong. It happens all the time. I bet the Vita will have some issues that Sony overlooked

vita very will may have problems after launch; hence i named all the major makers. anyone who dares criticize is called a 'hater'. as long as we, the consumers, let ourselves be used this way it will continue.

Edited on by k8sMum

DarkSoulless

I don't think we are paying any "privilege". We're expecting a good product. Yes, everyone knows that a system at launch will have some problems, but that doesn't mean we're going to accept any trash they're selling.
I don't know if I'm a hater for criticize PS Vita, I mean, everyone now knows that it has problems with its battery, but, even with those problems, the technical specifications of the console shows that's better than the 3DS.
So what? Nintendo is going to launch a new super special awesome technological advanced Nintendo 3DS2? Just because now it has another camera and a real chat/browser/whatever-you-want on it and it can compete with Vita?
C'mon, guys, we are costumers, gamers, we love to have buttons within our fingers, why we let them treat us like this?
I think everyone here is an Ambassador, seriously, aren't you angry about the management of this project?

They've a lot of years on this industry, it's time they make a good console without some technical troubles, or missing useful software. Why PS Vita will be so popular? because people likes to post every-non-important things on facebook, twitter, etc, then I ask myself, what the hell is Nintendo doing when they think about a "new project" (we've to remember that this is just another try, Nintendo's Virtual Boy was a NEW project), for WHO they're making their products?
Vita isn't cheap, but, isn't the purpose of technology make life easier? Don't you think to talk by Skype on your 3DS will make your life easier? Or reading PDF, or using Flash? Why if all the designers knows what the people wants, they insist to make things without those things people "needs"?
We buy 3DS because we need/like new things, we need/like new games, we need/like new experiences.
You may think "I buyed a 3DS because I like to play, not to post things on facebook", but, not everyone things like that. Maybe if Nintendo planed better the development of a console thinking about fashion and new trends, they wouldn't have to cut they're prices and more people will buy the product.
People like things that make a lot of things, make products for people. You can tell me "I'm buying a console, not a cellphone", but, ask yourself, will you complain if you 3DS make all those things? I don't think so.

Edited on by DarkSoulless

DarkSoulless

Birdman

WaltzElf wrote:

Well when you buy a system at launch, you're taking the risk of being a guinea pig, i.e. testing the system.

You do realise that product go through testing before commercial release, right?

Yes, but I'm pretty sure he was mentioned unforeseen mechanical problems like the 360's RRoD or the 3DS screen scratching. You know, the kind of stuff that can only be tested over months/years of time (i.e. commercial usage of the product).

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

kkslider5552000

Birdman13 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

Well when you buy a system at launch, you're taking the risk of being a guinea pig, i.e. testing the system.

You do realise that product go through testing before commercial release, right?

Yes, but I'm pretty sure he was mentioned unforeseen mechanical problems like the 360's RRoD or the 3DS screen scratching. You know, the kind of stuff that can only be tested over months/years of time (i.e. commercial usage of the product).

except those are two of the best examples of game systems that were blatantly released before they should have been

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Birdman

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Birdman13 wrote:

WaltzElf wrote:

except those are two of the best examples of game systems that were blatantly released before they should have been

I don't see how having poor manufacturing of a product severely impacts the launch.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.