Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 301 to 320 of 421

Chrono_Cross

The_Fox wrote:

GreatManaTree wrote:

I'll never give up on my favorite club.

I will support Nintendo till my final breath.

Even if i have to live the rest of my life on water and bread.

So Nintendo is a cult now? I guess it was only a matter of time.

It's been a cult for awhile now. Where have you been?

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

koryz12

I Can't see the point in giving up on the 3ds when by end of 2011 we will have eshop games and super mario and mario kart 7 which will be so much better than mkds.What other handheld would I have?would I trade in towards a ps vita or a dsi/l.The difference in power between the ps vita and the 3ds is not as significant as the ds vs psp difference in power as the 3ds has reached the level where it could pull off ports of many types of homeconsole games that the ds couldn't.So the vita won't be able to do types of games that the 3ds can't handle like the psp could do to the ds with games such as monster hunter and a proper gta.So to be honest I'm not saying I will never get a vita but it is not better than the 3ds as the 3ds has backwards compatability of 4 generations of nintendo handhelds in additon to its own libary and 3ds ware.I just don't see the point of haters saying the 3ds has a crap libary when it is fine I already have 6 games for it.The only reason the 3ds isn't selling well is because the global economy is not doing well.When all the big games the 3ds needs are dropped the vita will sell worse and as waveboy said "When the 3DS hits it stride this holiday season and when it continues on it's going to shatter the DS" Overall there is no reason to give up on the best handheld ever that also 3D.The vita's ram getting cut is going to make sony's powehouse strategy fall flat on its face.

Edited on by koryz12

Checkout my gaming channel at http://www.youtube.com/user/koryz12
Nintendo direct wii u review: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xawsdGO-Jao

LucinaSmash

logic from the "I gave up!!!" fans:
20 free virtual console games = more reasons to complain about the 3DS.

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Ark

@WaveBoy
All of your counter-points came down to "in my opinion", "why don't you do it, then", "your expectations are too high", and "you're being whiny". You're entitled to an opinion, of course, but it doesn't magically override the fact that others truly do feel what Mickeymac listed to be issues (nor will it eliminate them). I could easily add to his list, but it won't magically change your outlook on the handheld. Perhaps some of the "whining" is justified?

komicturtle

Sometimes, things sound like a broken record. And some "complaints" are indeed outdated or unjustified.

But I get it. It's just these some things on these lists for the most part don't have much relevance to me.

Region locking sucks. And don't think Sony isn't going to indeed put a lock on games imported down the line on Vita. 3DS has region locking- but I read it's "dependant on the distributor", which it seems most if not all are doing it so far. Importing isn't huge for me, but I do see why it is for some.

My two complaints on 3DS is:
Battery life
No online messaging

That's all for me. I'm hoping Nintendo starts selling a better battery that can at least give me 8-10 hours of play max. I'll be happy. I don't care about "No, knowing Nintendo, they won't do that, but will for the revision."

I don't care. Things happen unexpectedly (like the 20 games Nintendo did not have to give for free, but I'm happy).

3DS messaging- that best come soon. Especially with Mario Kart 7 on the horizon, followed after Heroes of Ruin that will need to use the 3DS' communicating capabilities.

All I'm looking forward to is the tremendous amount of games that are sure to come because of this price cut- it's an "everyone wins" scenario, even though Nintendo had to make tremendous sacrifice and realize that their arrogance is what nearly got them in trouble before- maybe overconfidence- and so things needed to be changed.

Complain and sulk away- get a Vita if you think it'll make you feel better. Enjoy it. Because I'll be doing that with my 3DS, eventual WiiU and hopefully soon after my Vita (Slim)

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Apollo

My biggest complaint is the long wait for a stable of quality games. That complaint will be answered shortly when the 3DS lands some games worthy of full blown consoles, let alone handhelds. They should have had their house in order and had some of these games out shortly after the launch, if not during the launch. I didn't happen. Time to move on when the big wave of games hits soon.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

Odnetnin

The main problem right now is Nintendo is basically trying to support the system with only first-party software. MGS is really the only high-profile third-party game with a release window and even that is reportedly being pushed back to 2012. You can't have a great system without good games to back up the hardware.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Apollo

They won't be coming for EA.

By the way, what about the new Resident Evil that's coming soon? Shinobi looks cool. I played the old games as a kid. Ubisoft is releasing a Ghost Recon shooter early next year.

Capcom, Square, Ubisoft, Activision, Konami and Namco are all looking to make some good contributions.

Edited on by Apollo

Apollo

thesmorganator

why are some people not complaing about the 3ds, this is sonylife, sony shall rule one day

currently playing: Nintendogs + catsPilotwings resortPikmin 2

games I have 100% completed

Kirby mouse attack

Link Mah Boi~

Squadalah~~ We're off!

My youtube channel

[CENTER][url=http://www.no...

Imperfect

Really, a lot of the complaints at launch have been fixed when you think about it. Price? Check. Internet? Check. Games? Eh, give it another month or two. If the 3ds can add enough smart phone like function(making you really want to carry it everywhere) then I think it could be the last great gaming focused handheld. The real test will be if MGS sells well. If that works, then a lot of 3rd parties will jump on the bandwagon and lend a lot of extra oomph to the handheld.

3DS FC:2535-3655-5551

Luffymcduck

For me, 3DS launch was the worst ever. No huge 1st party titles just an OK Pilotwings and Nintendogs no one gives a . DS had a bit better launch or that´s just me, because I hadn´t had a chance to complete Super Mario 64. Besides, 64DS actually had some NEW content unlike OOT other than graphics (boss mode isn´t new cuz it just let you beat the old bosses, OOT has the worst bosses out of the 3D Zeldas anyways) and I was OK with the controls too. Yeah, Wii had Zelda for launch but I got that for GameCube, so Wii´s first year was pretty terrible (not a fan of Metroid Prime, Mario Galaxy was my first big Wii game).

I´m not selling my 3DS. I´ll just wait for the great games to come out and mean while, complete and some yeat to complete games and you know, do something other than just play games on my free time.

Edited on by theblackdragon

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Dizzard

I'm not really much of a playstation/Xbox person. If I leave Nintendo for a while it's usually for a PC game. (Mass Effect, Terraria, Dragon Age)

So I have enough to keep me occupied until paper mario and luigi's mansion come out.

Dizzard

Jango-Forest

A few points that need to be cleared up:

• The 3DS isn't a person. It won't feel offended if you gossip about it behind its' back.
  • Obviously no-one has read Mr. Vandango's speech two pages back, so I'll distil it for you: Everyone has a right to complain, so stop complaining about them complaining.
  • There is no such thing as "hating" on a console. We are not living in a dream world where everybody is given a 3DS as part of a rite when they reach a certain age, which they then have to keep for the rest of their lives. Nor is the 3DS your partner in the police force whom you have to put up with for decades despite his sometimes rash opinions during a stake-out and irritating quirks. No, the 3DS is none of those things, because you paid for it and if you're not satisfied with it that's your own problem and you can complain if you want to. Nobody, NOBODY can take that away from you...so moving
  • Opinion is relative. If one person thinks something that is in contrast to the other, then they can both have a picnic and debate about it with a passionate interest; all the while downing pork pies.
  • Nintendo is not a fairy magically spreading joy from its fingertips; no, it is a maniacal hoover with an evil grin on its face trying to suck up as much money as it can via plonking consoles on people's lap that said people may or may not appreciate depending on their preference. Although, that's not necessarily a bad thing. I like consoles being plonked on my lap and they like doing the plonking (read: designing games).
  • This is possibly the most irritating thread to have ever sprung into being.
  • I could really do with a pork pie right now.

Jango-Forest

the_shpydar

Jango-Forest wrote:

• This is possibly the most irritating thread to have ever sprung into being.

Yes. Win.
You sir are hereby awarded a kabillion Shypdar Points.
*cash value of 1 Shpydar Point = .00000000000000000000000000001 of a shilling. Points are non-transferable, non-redeemable, non-edible, non-flammable and are filled with a strange glowing substance which fell to Earth, presumably from Outer Space. Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball.

Edited on by the_shpydar

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Aviator

Jango-Forest wrote:

• Nintendo is not a fairy magically spreading joy from its fingertips

No, but I am!

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Raylax

I couldn't give a toss about the 3DS comments. The whole child neglect thing throws me into a fit of rage every time I visit this thread though.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

Wisconsin1

HaHaHa, big bulky add-on thumb pad?!?!?!?! HaHaHaHa, still glab a gave that PSO up...Nintendo's second biggest mistake, right behind the V-Boy. Yet, I can't wait until the Wii makes its swain song with Skyward Sword. Nintendo, WTF!?!?!?!?!

3DS FC: 5370-0442-9112

Birdman

I'll wait to see the specifics behind how the controller extension works and how much it will cost before I consider selling my 3DS.

Exactly.
My Birdloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8643-6062

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.