Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 261 to 280 of 421

komicturtle

Careful now- else you'll be feeling the same way about PSVita when you get it at launch :3

Don't repeat mistakes twice because hype and high expectations botched people's thoughts on 3DS after they got it.

Do eeet!

@Mandoble
Nah. Never heard of such a claim- I've been following the 3DS very very very closely ever since it was announced and have heard nothing of that claim. Provide a credible link, and I'll change my stance.

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

Hokori

now do you give up you get 20 free games
that means if GBA games =$8 and NES games =$5
and they have a $80 price drop you save $50 for buying a 3DS before Aug 11

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

komicturtle

I'm freaking excited for this deal. I have never got Metroid Fusion and to be playing such a game and getting it for Free, this is spectacular. And some of those NES games I don't own. I have Ice Climber only in eReader form. And I had Super Mario Bros. as a GBA NES Classic- so, I'll be reliving the time when I had that great game in handheld. Seriously, I thought I was dreaming, because I admit- I never thought Nintendo would actually do this, only hoping they would give us early adopters something had they done the price cut which I saw coming but not this soon.

It's great to be a 3DS owner and still have faith in the system regardless of what others think :3

komicturtle

cangelo

Otaku wrote:

now do you give up you get 20 free games
that means if GBA games =$8 and NES games =$5
and they have a $80 price drop you save $50 for buying a 3DS before Aug 11

That's a bit misleading...I for one am happy about this deal and been very happy about my 3DS preorder.

Saving $50 assumes the user would have bought every one of these items in the first place...I am happy to be getting these, but chances are I would have bought very few of these in the first place.

cangelo

Blaze

@TheBlackDragon, I understand that. For one, I own a PSP and a PS3, and love them. I just think that Mandoble is trying to criticise the 3DS for unecessary reasons, and then claiming Vita has superiorites without valid evidence.

The Blazeloggery~
Mah Animelist~

3DS Friend Code: 4914-4746-2130 | Nintendo Network ID: MiracleBlaze

Kriedler

Metroid Fusion makes the whole thing worthwhile for me. F'ing love that game. Played and re-played it to get all the endings and items
One of the best GBA games ever

New name, same game.
3DS friend code: 5026-4413-9840
STEAM ID: Deeso
XBL ID: Kriedler 0

Now Playing (3DS): PKMN Y
PC: X-Com: Enemy Within, King Arthur's Gold
360: GTAV
Wii U: Deus Ex

Chrono_Cross

turtlelink wrote:

bro2dragons wrote:

I find this thread thoroughly entertaining.

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Make that 3 Star Fox!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Tate24

Hate these stupid post's about how people think 3DS has failed?

I love my 3DS it possible my most favourite handheld i have ever bought.

I even prefer it over my consoles just because it does sumthing different over the norm!

All gaming console's go through ruff patch when they are starting out.

its waiting for bigger naming games to grace the system that sum find hard to swallow.

But true nintendo fan's wouldnt give up so easily knowning nintendo always starts off slow but always delivers in end.

As soon as they start bring out bigger naming games like - mario kart 7, super mario, metal gear soild etc..

people will start takin notice and seening that 3DS is not just a gimick but serious piece of hardware and will want to buy one.

And am sure price drop will help with that!!

Clearly cant be much of nintendo fan giving up so easily on them.
And so early on in systems lifespan.

Edited on by Tate24

If we knew how small we were are problems wouldn't seem so BIG!

Terave

Hehe, some people will regret their decission to sell their 3DS and the announcement of 20 free games. Like we said beforeL We need to wait for better titles. If you'd waited for this, then you wouldn't regret yourself for selling the device. Simply givin' up on something which isn't really a problem that big. Usually, you don't give up (on) the things you love, do you? Then why should you do now?

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

Link79

See what happens when you just give up?
Nintendo comes along and decides to give away 20 free games.
Nobody likes a quitter.

What's happened to gamers these days? Bunch of whiners and bellyaching about nothing.
Don't like 3DS? Sell the damn thing and move on.
And..... I'm spent.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Nobody likes a quitter.

What's happened to gamers these days? Bunch of whiners and bellyaching about nothing.
And..... I'm spent.

No kidding hey? Back in the Nes and SNES days NOBODY was whining, everybody seemed insanely excited and bug eyed whenever they'd pop in an Nes game and the like....Everybody was just so much more positive.

People were also much younger and less experienced. Now we're all adults and we know better than to take all the crap that's being thrown at us.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

the people who were even older during that time never complained either. But this was also after the Atari crash and the NES felt like the greatest thing ever. i guess there weren't really any expectations, there was no internet during the time either, you picked out a game and hoped for the best. Unless you had Nintendo Power of course muhaha.

But now that the internet is kicking, people just love to hate and this and that. the negativity and whinyness is a bit too much at times, try skimming through the talk back section in IGN articles, especially nintendo related. Like Ryno said it's like a stinky high school locker room, with extra stinkyness.

As for the 3DS, what 'crap' is being thrown at us? Ya the price tag was a wee' bit expensive, the launch could of been better along with the eShop making a launch debut, but there is great stuff on the horizon. Nintendo's exclusives for this year, 20 free games for early adopters, the GB/GBC VC and 3D nintendo classics being released, i have nothing but great things from now on to talk about regarding the 3DS.....Except for the damn low volume for the headphone jack....here i go again.lol

The crap:

• region locking
  • games with non-erasable saves
  • limited release VCH games
  • questionable build quality
  • an extremely limited retail and downloadable library
  • the inability to transfer VC games from Wii to 3DS
  • limited transferral of DSiWare from DSi to 3DS
  • no promises of transferring DSiWare/VCH from 3DS to 3DS successor

I see plenty of things to complain about.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Link79

@Mickeymac
You seem to love that word.
This is crap. That is crap. I don't have to put up with this crap.
You must have had alot of crap happen to you.
Just sayin.

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

Terave

GreatManaTree wrote:

This is a poem about my lovely 3ds,

I look after it, like an old lady. I treat my shiny device like a princess,

It's simply the best machine since the memorable snes.

Please people, stop complaining about it, please,

I'm head over heels, and wifi from head to knees.

Thousands of programmers work very hard, day and night,

To give us owners some gems we can pop in and out our 3d device.

The future looks bright, free games for all,

Nintendo haters and moaners; leave the hall!

Great poam GMT!
And the moaners and haters: IN YOUR FACE :3

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

VaultBoyCEO

I literally sold my 3ds the day before this announcement, and Im reading in this thread how people are sticking it to the "quitters" and that they must regret their decision.
I honestly dont, in fact it reaffirmed that I made the right decision, with poor sales, desperate sales pleas, woeful online (the shop is an absolute joke ther eis no denying that) really unfair european prices (how does 250 dollars =250 euro) and now nintendo realized their flagging so will now give away 20 old games, most of which have been milked to death and NONE of which are in 3d on a 3D CONSOLE.
Yeah everyones saying what a bright future it must have, thats besides the point right now its extremley bleak with just one great game, a port.

VaultBoyCEO

VaultBoyCEO

Also I didnt even mention the loose hinges, the odd placement of the headphones, how it takes 1456 hours to load a web page, then it just stops, no youtube (its 2011) a drop in graphice in 3d and silly sweet spots and theres loads more to add on top of this

VaultBoyCEO

Hokori

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Link79 wrote:

Nobody likes a quitter.

And..... I'm spent.

No kidding hey? Back in the Nes and SNES days NOBODY was whining, everybody seemed insanely excited and bug eyed whenever they'd pop in an Nes game and the like....Everybody was just so much more positive.

People were also much younger and less experienced. Now we're all adults and we know better than to take all the crap that's being thrown at us.

Not all of them quite a few people are still kids who are very impatient. I for one dont mind waiting, (gives me a chance to beat some of my 230 Nintendo games)

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.