Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 201 to 220 of 421

GreatManaTree

I do not agree about your last comment! DS is same graphics as 3DS? Pilotwings Resort 3d looks indeed simplistic, but if the same game was on DS, it would be one blurry, pixalated and disturbing mess. DS is one of the best formats for 2d and 2.5d games...

GreatManaTree

Terave

Indeed, Sometimes the DS games look very blurry and messy to me, just because I have a 3DS with OOT 3D...And looks beautiful..

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

komicturtle

I think the 3DS had a better launch than the DS.

I've only had one game for about 2 months before I got WarioWare Touched! as my second game. Then, come March, it was Yoshi's Touch and Go and Pokemon Dash!

With the 3DS, I got two games at launch, got Star Wars the next and soon Zelda and Cubic Ninja. And the selection of games were much better than the original DS- I think tons better.

komicturtle

LzWinky

Well look at the 3DS this way: it can only get better now

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Hokori

Everyone dont expect miis to go through a transformation like Link in ALTTP to Link in OOT I think the miis are going to be as realistic as they are right now. sorry I had to say it because people think miis look cheap, and Im here saying I dont think graphicly theyll improve.

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

GreatManaTree

WaveBoy wrote:

lol. Pilot Wings would of been an utterly blocky simplistic mess on the original DS....Take a look at Mario Kart DS, and then gaze upon Mario Kart 3D....Those 2 offer a simular comparison, as to what Pilot Wings DS could of looked like.

Plus when in 3D the graphics look 2x better imo, since they appear sharper and crisp, plus the 3D enhances everything which makes you insantly think "wow" On top of it all, the texture detail and Sun shine especially look fantastic in PW 3D, the DS isn't capable of any of that...

.....Mario Kart DS looks similar to 3DS? 3DS = 4 times DS...at least, graphically, even without 3d!

GreatManaTree

Ark

GreatManaTree wrote:

.....Mario Kart DS looks similar to 3DS? 3DS = 4 times DS...at least, graphically, even without 3d!

Wasn't WaveBoy saying the exact opposite of "Mario Kart DS looks similar to 3DS"? As in the drastic difference between the two games would be an example of what PilotWings would have looked like on DS.

I personally disagree with the notion that graphics look 2x better in 3D though. Maybe my eyes are just wonky, but it seems blurrier and doesn't really enhance anything. Of the 6-7 games I own and the other ones I've played, I haven't seen any that made me say "3D is the future, can't go back to 2D" or even "3D greatly enhances this experience". It's tough to explain the value when there's no definitive game that showcases this (or is there?).

Edited on by Ark

GreatManaTree

I think 3d is the future! When playing my shiny 3DS, i sometimes turn off the 3d, but get bored in about 10 seconds. So i am addicted to 3d, and think it's the new standard! About the graphics....comparing 3DS with DS, is like comparing a Wii with a Commodore 64.....it's huge!

Edited on by GreatManaTree

GreatManaTree

Meta-Rift

Scypher wrote:

I personally disagree with the notion that graphics look 2x better in 3D though. Maybe my eyes are just wonky, but it seems blurrier and doesn't really enhance anything.

I've noticed it is a little blurry, but whenever I turn the 3D off, I see more jagged edges and less anti-aliasing. I also think depth perception enhances the experience the same way HD does.

Scypher wrote:

Of the 6-7 games I own and the other ones I've played, I haven't seen any that made me say "3D is the future, can't go back to 2D" or even "3D greatly enhances this experience". It's tough to explain the value when there's no definitive game that showcases this (or is there?).

I agree, but at the same time I've noticed ways that the 3D effect would be beneficial to gameplay in certain situations. For example, it's much easier to judge things like distance and size, which would definitely help in games like 3D platformers.

Meta-Rift

Ark

I agree there, though it seems the level of blurriness varies from game to game (again, probably my vision). I think saying 3D is similar to HD is a fair assessment.

As for the size and distance thing, I've never had a problem judging that, but I can indeed see how it would help people who have difficulty with that. Supposedly the new Super Mario has such a heavy reliance on 3D to the point where it's difficult to judge jumps in 2D. I (non-sarcastically) look forward to seeing how that plays out.

VmprHntrD

Ready to pull the plug(to topic starter)...hell no and unless you're just bleeding money you're a fool for pissing away your money getting rid of it. Sure it wasn't a huge loss, but a loss is a loss. If it's such a huge issue, just use it as a portable netflix device, get some dsiware or vc games,grab a DS game you missed, or just put in the box for 6months.

My Personal Video Game / Accessory List
http://tanooki.byethost16.com/

GreatManaTree

tanookisuit wrote:

Ready to pull the plug(to topic starter)...hell no and unless you're just bleeding money you're a fool for pissing away your money getting rid of it. Sure it wasn't a huge loss, but a loss is a loss. If it's such a huge issue, just use it as a portable netflix device, get some dsiware or vc games,grab a DS game you missed, or just put in the box for 6months.

That's true intelligence. Perfectly written.

GreatManaTree

RoyalBlur

As much as I like the 3D visuals of the 3DS I'm quickly becoming disenchanted with the present situation. The Nintendo 3DS isn't getting off to much of a good start and I blame that entirely on the Nintendo marketing executives who gave the 3D little train that could a bad launch line-up.

I like the PSVita a whole lot more than the 3DS in that the PSVita as opposed to the 3DS is more of a media device than the 3DS is. Furthermore, the 3DS screen is so much smaller than both the iPod Touch and PSVita and I can't imagine myself trying to watch Iron Chef America, ThunderCats or Adventure Time on the 3DS's little screen. I purchased the 3DS for mainly game exclusives like Kid Icarus Uprising and my all time favorite; Super Mario. However, Nintendo has depressed me so far.

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

WolfRamHeart

lzbirdboy wrote:

Yup because it can't possibly get any worse.

WolfRamHeart

Terave

lzbirdboy wrote:

Much better thinking.

Maybe it didn't havet he bet start and launch, but look further now... I mean, the games! Kid Icarus, Mario Kart, Super Mario, Star Fox, Luigi's Mansion, Professor Layton/Lautrec, and go on!

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

LucinaSmash

The owners who are enjoying their 3DS the most are those who haven't purchase a DSi/DSiXL system.
Edit: and those who didn't purchase their 3DS base on curiosity.

Edited on by LucinaSmash

For the best Wii U HD experience, Mad Catz Wii Component Cable in 1080p

Keroro1979

I didn't give up on it, it gave up on me. Poor build quality (hinges!) and design (bottom screen border scratching top screen) - should have been sorted before launch - guess they were under a lot of Pressure to het it released. Roll on 3ds lite or whatever.

Keroro1979

LzWinky

Project-L wrote:

The owners who are enjoying their 3DS the most are those who haven't purchase a DSi/DSiXL system.

I disagree. I traded my DSi for a 3DS (discount)

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

HandheldGuru97

Project-L wrote:

That is a lie I have a DSi (original) and a 3DS. Though my friend who upgraded from the DS Lite to the 3DS loves his to death so there might be some truth to that statement.

Edited on by HandheldGuru97

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handheld systems!!!!!!!!!!
The New 3DS XL is amazing, soon the NX will be upon us!
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/Ha...

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.