Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 181 to 200 of 421

LordJumpMad

turtlelink wrote:

MechaPhoenix wrote:

And I'm buying a Wii U to take my craps on it. Wouldn't want to get the toilet dirty, no siree.

And you can use the Wii Remote as a flush handle!
What have I gotten myself into? D:

Untitled

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

komicturtle

I wouldn't say the 3DS Browser is slow or clunky- needs improvements, but yeah it has nothing on iOS Browsers. If only Nintendo had opted in partnering up with Opera to make a better 3DS Browser with HTML5- at least, so we can watch Youtube videos and Flash and stuff.

komicturtle

Chris720

turtlelink wrote:

MechaPhoenix wrote:

And I'm buying a Wii U to take my craps on it. Wouldn't want to get the toilet dirty, no siree.

Nah... that's the Playstation Mo-- uhm... nevermind, I think that gets used for other things... that ball comes in very handy sometimes.

Also, is it me or has this thread turned into a bit of a rant... and also something about toilets?

Origin: chrisd1080
Steam: Chris720
Battle.net: Chris720
uPlay: Demonic720
YouTube

Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter:

Moco_Loco

I kind of like the toilet part of this thread.

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

R-L-A-George

ballkirby1 wrote:

I personally think the 3DS is the greatest handheld gaming system of all time because you can play original DS games on it, there's Ocarina of Time, and now you can watch every King of the Hill episode while your on the toilet.

LOL funny.

R-L-A-George

3DS Friend Code: 1075-1459-7893 | Nintendo Network ID: Osaka7524 | Twitter:

GreatManaTree

xDemon720x wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

MechaPhoenix wrote:

Nah... that's the Playstation Mo-- uhm... nevermind, I think that gets used for other things... that ball comes in very handy sometimes.

Also, is it me or has this thread turned into a bit of a rant... and also something about toilets?

Yeah...go search for the concept ps3 controller.....i customised one as a toillet seat...the 2 thumb pads are very handy for finishing touch! hehe!

GreatManaTree

Bass_X0

R-L-A-George wrote:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I personally think the 3DS is the greatest handheld gaming system of all time because you can play original DS games on it, there's Ocarina of Time, and now you can watch every King of the Hill episode while your on the toilet.

LOL funny.

Huh. You can look into the toilet after you've finished using it and see all the King of the Hill episodes in there.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

HugoSmits

I agree with the original poster... saying that every console launch starts weak is just false!

SNES -> super mario world
N64 -> Super Mario 64
Gamecube -> Luigi's Mansion
Gameboy Advance -> F-Zero: Maximum Velocity
Nintendo DS -> Metroid Prime Hunters – First Hunt

In retrospect some of these games weren't that good; but at the time they showed us what the new console
was capable off, they where fresh new titles.

Zelda is great and all, but it's a 15 year old game. It was designed to play in 2D, sure they added some stuff
to make use of the 3D effect. But the main game, the core part doesn't NEED 3D to play.

We need a fresh new game that shows us that 3DS is the future.. and that game isn't there yet

HugoSmits

Twitter:

Lohengriehn

I thought about my last post meanwhile. I was defeating the 3DS, because of its new features. But recently I think I could agree today on the original poster too. Im disappointed about my old DSI games are now so blurry and colourless(yes, I tried select, but the screen is just too small then for me). Same with DSIWare titles. I really hope N can offer a better render routine one day, but I have to say, I consider to sell my 3DS now too. All of my DSI titles got a downgrade with a 3DS. And Ive a lot to play. Well, lets give it some more days. Perhaps all will be fine in a few weeks.

Edited on by Lohengriehn

Grammar errors? We could use the german language instead of the english one of course - do you dare? ;)

Lohenwiihn wrote:

All of my DSI titles got a downgrade with a 3DS

What do you mean?

Otherwise, I agree. I'm, also beginning to regret I bought the 3DS. Should have kept my DSiware on the DSi until I was sure I'd be happy with the 3DS.

Lohengriehn

@csmobit: Regarding the resolution / overall appearance of DSI(Ware)-games on my 3DS. Either you get a blurry, colourless appearance or a sharpen, coloured appearance of your DSI game, but in a very small screen/window. Thats kind of a downgrade to me. I went back to some DSI titles the last days, because OOT has been playedthrough and Pilotwings isnt a game you want to play hours in a row. Then I noticed my DSI games are now displayed in a worse way and I wished a had my DSI kept at me instead of selling it (to afford the 3DS with some games). Well. Lets wait. Im still with hope. I just wish N can offer a better display routine for old DSI games in near future. Thats the key to me wether to keep the 3DS or to sell it again. My DSI library is much more important than a few games (mostly remakes) I can now play in 3D on the 3DS.

Grammar errors? We could use the german language instead of the english one of course - do you dare? ;)

Ah, now I see. Danke.

melechofsin

HugoSmits wrote:

I agree with the original poster... saying that every console launch starts weak is just false!

SNES -> super mario world
N64 -> Super Mario 64
Gamecube -> Luigi's Mansion
Gameboy Advance -> F-Zero: Maximum Velocity

In retrospect some of these games weren't that good; but at the time they showed us what the new console

Zelda is great and all, but it's a 15 year old game. It was designed to play in 2D, sure they added some stuff
to make use of the 3D effect. But the main game, the core part doesn't NEED 3D to play.

We need a fresh new game that shows us that 3DS is the future.. and that game isn't there yet

This time Nintendo went with Nintendogs+cats which is incredible in 3D (much better than what I saw of 3D in TV with glasses, i.e., Mortal Kombat), and Steel Diver, a brand new IP. Also Pilotwings which uses 3D. Maybe not great titles to some, but they brought a lot of stuff. They waited a bit and soon all the Marios, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus... quite strong first party launch/year for 3DS.

Edited on by melechofsin

melechofsin

rolLTheDice

While the 3DS didn't really have a system selling game yet i'm still having fun with it. Ridge Racer, PWR, SFIV, Steel Diver and Ghost Recon did a good enough job for me until Ocarina came out. Recently i got Bust-A-Move Universe for cheap. While it feels like a very bland sequel i still enjoy it in short bursts. Much like WaveBoy i'm gaming about two hours every day.

HugoSmits wrote:

I think the AR games and Face Raiders did that quite well on the 3DS. And i got a lot more playtime out of 'em than i did with First Hunt. They might not be a demo of a new game in a tried and proven "hardcore" series though. And if there were some more well-explained goals i would even have played them longer.
While not being a Pokémon fan i enjoy seeing the 3D models in Pokédex 3D very much. Add in Excitebike 3D and i find it hard to complain that the system's potential isn't introduced well.

kkslider5552000 wrote:

I was smart and waited until the games I got would last just long enough until Letrauc and Star Fox. They'll be great games, always are. It's Nintendo.

I guess you mean Dr Lautrec and the Forgotten Knights.
Even though it's being developed by Konami not Nintendo i've got high hopes for the game too.

Edited on by rolLTheDice

rolLTheDice

Nintendo Network ID: LTD_2112

GreatManaTree

Give up?...me?....Nonono! I am so happy with my 3DS! Browser works, eshop gets better, games are coming. Just got Pilotwings Resort 3d....fantastic game! .And i am waiting for the Wii U! When you play games on the Wii U controller, it looks way better than the Vita, and the screen is bigger! All positive!!!

Edited on by GreatManaTree

GreatManaTree

HugoSmits

melechofsin wrote:

This time Nintendo went with Nintendogs+cats which is incredible in 3D (much better than what I saw of 3D in TV with glasses, i.e., Mortal Kombat), and Steel Diver, a brand new IP. Also Pilotwings which uses 3D. Maybe not great titles to some, but they brought a lot of stuff. They waited a bit and soon all the Marios, Mario Kart, Kid Icarus... quite strong first party launch/year for 3DS.

None of the above games show 'the future of gaming' as clearly as previous launch titles. Nintendogs is basically the same game but with a 3D effect. Doesn't really change anything gameplay-wise (as far as I have seen). Same goes for Steel diver and Pilot wings. Sure the 3D effect is neat in Pilot wings.. but it doesn't open a door to a whole new world (like mario 64 or super mario world did). We have been there before, now with a 3D effect added. Cool but not the future.

Normally Nintendo sets the bar for games of that generation, this didn't happen. I expect Kid Icarus and Mario to do this, maybe even star fox (as I expect it to do what Pilot Wings did with the 3D effect, but now with a new world).

HugoSmits

Twitter:

Lohengriehn

ive deleted this entry

Edited on by Lohengriehn

melechofsin

HugoSmits wrote:

None of the above games show 'the future of gaming' as clearly as previous launch titles. Nintendogs is basically the same game but with a 3D effect. Doesn't really change anything gameplay-wise (as far as I have seen). Same goes for Steel diver and Pilot wings. Sure the 3D effect is neat in Pilot wings.. but it doesn't open a door to a whole new world (like mario 64 or super mario world did). We have been there before, now with a 3D effect added. Cool but not the future.

Normally Nintendo sets the bar for games of that generation, this didn't happen. I expect Kid Icarus and Mario to do this, maybe even star fox (as I expect it to do what Pilot Wings did with the 3D effect, but now with a new world).

I hope you are right about Kid Icarus, although I do not know if the "changed gaming" of the past games is really true. I do not see how these older games changed gaming, maybe console gaming... But wouldn't Steel Diver with all the views, and the periscope, and wouldn't all the AR games, and the depth in those other games because of 3D changed handheld gaming a lot? I think they did.

melechofsin

cyphid

I own 3- 3DS games: Dead or Alive Dimensions, Ridge Racer, and SSFIV 3D. I have been loving these games more than a lot of early console titles. I've been playing the heck out of my DSiware games I transferred from my DSi. Though the browser is slow, I think its faster than the PSP's.

Nintendo has done a fine job at this handheld. I remember the original DS having a lackluster first year and now look at the success of it!

What I'm getting at is STOP HATING! You're a Nintendo fan and just look what this new handheld has already accomplished.

Edited on by cyphid

WII U ID: cyphid
3DS FC: 0130-2508-4092
PSN: cyphid

Games I'm Playing:
Professor Layton and The Unwound Future
Sakura Samurai Art of the Sword

3DS Friend Code: 0130-2508-4092 | Nintendo Network ID: cyphid | Twitter:

HugoSmits

melechofsin wrote:

I hope you are right about Kid Icarus, although I do not know if the "changed gaming" of the past games is really true. I do not see how these older games changed gaming, maybe console gaming... But wouldn't Steel Diver with all the views, and the periscope, and wouldn't all the AR games, and the depth in those other games because of 3D changed handheld gaming a lot? I think they did.

Like I said, in retrospect some of those games weren't all that good. But it made you see a distinct line between old and new.
I mean, going from the NES to SNES and having so much more detail,colors and sound was amazing. How about saving your game ? going back to your NES where you couldn't save now feels wrong.

It made you feel like your old console wasn't good enough anymore.

Same for handhelds; I remember when I turned on my gameboy color and the games where in color! going back to 4 shades of gray was just wrong. Same for the gameboy advance. More buttons, bigger screen, better graphics and sound. And yes, it didn't have true 3D but some fake 3D games looked really good (F-Zero, Mario Kart, V-rally).

The 3Ds doesn't really have this yet. Yes I know it's graphically better than the DS.. but that doens't really show in titles like Pilot Wings. There's not a single game out there right now that makes me think playing on DS is wrong!

HugoSmits

Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.