Forums

Topic: I gave up!!!

Posts 161 to 180 of 421

melechofsin

ToadFan wrote:

I would have a 3DS by now, but I'm waiting till the second gen 3DS, so the 3DS will have better battery, at least a 2MP Camera, (I mean only 0.3?) and hopefully at least a $224.99 price tag

Well, the next gen 3DS, when it arrives, probably will not be cheaper than the 3DS. The 3DS though will be cheaper by then.
Waiting for a better battery, which might not come, is not advisable IMO, because (a) a battery really is not that big of a deal, you can charge it conveniently; (b) you can just buy 3rd party batteries, and Nintendo itself could release new batteries further on. You can even replace the batteries themselves (another feature Not available on the Vista).

As for the Camera, that's not a bad resolution as it sounds. It's the same resolution that will be in the Vita, except of course in the 3DS you have 3 of these cameras. The 4th generation ipod touch front camera has the same resolution. The best they go is 0.7. Mobile phones have better resolutions, but it's really pretty good as it is - not as a camera, but for gameplay reasons. My phone has a 3.2, and my camera has 12. each has its own uses. Point is that for gaming devices, it's as good as it gets now, and drives up cost if upgraded - seemingly not a priority.

melechofsin

kkslider5552000

Mandoble wrote:

[Oh, and of course, pretty much ignoring NES and whatever came from Nintendo.

as a rule for myself, I don't make fun of the games on systems I tend to ignore. Because I don't want to sound ignorant and stupid.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

yoyogamer

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

as a rule for myself, I don't make fun of the games on systems I tend to ignore. Because I don't want to sound ignorant and stupid.

If only more people followed that rule...

This is a signature.

Hokori

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Mandoble wrote:

exactly in fact in kinda jelous of SOME stuff from Sony, but I dont NEED to play them like I do Zelda and Mario and Pokémon

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Ark

@melechofsin
1. Netflix will not soon be available in 3D, saying it will is pure speculation. It can't stream movies in 3D at this point in time and there are no plans for it to do that (even Nintendo Video is downloaded content is it not?).
2. A lot of the population does indeed listen to music while walking around, despite how unsafe it is. I don't know about you, but I can't hear my music on the subway without blasting music or disturbing others, both of which are also unsafe.
3. In your opinion. In the opinions of others, 3D can be distracting or uncomfortable to look at when you're trying to relax and listen to some tunes while lying on the bed lazily. This is a very subjective thing, so I won't go any further. Point is, it really depends on the person.
4. Apparently memory sticks are popular enough that they've been around just as long as (slightly longer than) SD cards. I'm not sure how they're unpopular when they have numerous variations and are also featured in devices like cameras and mobile phones. My (non-Sony) computer has two slots: one for SD cards, one for Memory Sticks. Saying only Sony uses these cards is inaccurate. Both cards are incredibly common, though I suppose SD is technically more popular.
5&6. Actually, you can use SD cards on the iOS devices if you're willing to pay for a $30 attachment. Why would you buy an 8GB iPad if you know you have a lot of music? Buy a bigger model such as the 64GB version. 3DS only supports up to 64GB SD cards anyway, that's plenty to work with on a tablet.
7. That's debatable. Personally I feel the screen isn't blocked in any meaningful way when I use the iPod to browse, but that's just me. The iPod browser is faster than the one on 3DS, though and that's a fact.
8&9. You talk about the tablet being a computer by technicality, but if we're being technical, so are all of Nintendo's handhelds. Both are the iPad and 3DS are portable computers. You're right about the pricing and market, though.
10. They look comparable. 3D is irrelevant (since it displays on the top only) when there's a crack between the screens, which isn't going to help watch movies.

What I was trying to say is that 3DS is by no means a "standard" multimedia device. It doesn't play movies out of the box, you have to pay a monthly subscription to get them only in 2D, and you are limited by a predetermined selection. For example, you can't watch certain anime on Netflix, and even then it's only dubbed. That's a deal breaker for some, and the selection isn't perfect (plus the catalogs differ between US and Canada). Younger children cannot use Netflix without pestering their parents since you need a credit card or some form of one. You talk about listening to music on the subway, at the beach, and in the library, but how are you supposed to watch these movies when there's no Wi-Fi? You can't; Netflix is tethered to the internet. This also means not everyone can enjoy it. Even if BBC or other services hit other countries, the services will have almost all the same problems I've mentioned. Does this sound an ideal situation for viewing videos to you?

Edited on by Ark

melechofsin

Scypher wrote:

@melechofsin
1. Netflix will not soon be available in 3D, saying it will is pure speculation. It can't stream movies in 3D at this point in time and there are no plans for it to do that (even Nintendo Video is downloaded content is it not?).

I don't see any reason why not. Netflix will want to broadcast all the films, including the 3D ones. And until then, there will be Nintendo Video. The tech is there.

2. A lot of the population does indeed listen to music while walking around, despite how unsafe it is. I don't know about you, but I can't hear my music on the subway without blasting music or disturbing others, both of which are also unsafe.

My point is you plug the headphones in, and then listen to it, while being able to still look at the screen sometimes. Lying on the beach, sitting on the subway, in bed, etc.

3. In your opinion. In the opinions of others, 3D can be distracting or uncomfortable to look at when you're trying to relax and listen to some tunes while lying on the bed lazily. This is a very subjective thing, so I won't go any further. Point is, it really depends on the person.

HD can also be distracting or too revealing. 3D is an added feature.

4. Apparently memory sticks are popular enough that they've been around just as long as (slightly longer than) SD cards. I'm not sure how they're unpopular when they have numerous variations and are also featured in devices like cameras and mobile phones. My (non-Sony) computer has two slots: one for SD cards, one for Memory Sticks. Saying only Sony uses these cards is inaccurate. Both cards are incredibly common, though I suppose SD is technically more popular.

if Memory stick were so popular, they would be used in the PS VIta. They're not. They're a failed medium like betmax or laser disc or mini disc. Sony just wants to go their way and they failed terribly. Sony gave up and released its own line of SD cards. Why do you think they did that? It's a format war that they lost. SD cards are immensely more popular.

5&6. Actually, you can use SD cards on the iOS devices if you're willing to pay for a $30 attachment.

That's highly inconvenient and a rip-off.

Why would you buy an 8GB iPad if you know you have a lot of music?

because it will be too expensive otherwise.

Buy a bigger model such as the 64GB version. 3DS only supports up to 64GB SD cards anyway, that's plenty to work with on a tablet.

except SD cards cost a fraction of what you're suggesting. Apple rips you off there, and you still can't transfer the same SD cards between devices if you buy a big capacity ipod version.

7. That's debatable. Personally I feel the screen isn't blocked in any meaningful way when I use the iPod to browse, but that's just me. The iPod browser is faster than the one on 3DS, though and that's a fact.

I had numerous other problems with ipod - technical problems (numerous repairs), terribly scratched screen (the 3DS closes the lid which is excellent) and so on.

melechofsin

Aviator

Someone saying that the 3DS internet browser is superior to the iOS is wrong. The 3DS browser is slow, clunky. Sure it's useful if you are casually browsing, only needing to look at one thing on the internet. But it is limited. iOS has a much larger view (iPads do, touches and phones do not), easy to zoom, easy to navigate the pages, tabs, faster browsing.

Edited on by Aviator

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Bankai

we can have this conversation without resorting to insults — TBD

if Memory stick were so popular, they would be used in the PS VIta. They're not. They're a failed medium like betmax or laser disc or mini disc. Sony just wants to go their way and they failed terribly. Sony gave up and released its own line of SD cards. Why do you think they did that? It's a format war that they lost. SD cards are immensely more popular.

As far as I'm aware, Sony is still using memory sticks for its camera lines and the like. You know, like how Canon uses CF cards for its cameras. It's a pretty important product line.

except SD cards cost a fraction of what you're suggesting. Apple rips you off there, and you still can't transfer the same SD cards between devices if you buy a big capacity ipod version.

You can move everything between multiple iOS devices really, really easily thanks to iTunes. (or even MediaGO for Sony products). As Apple's product line up continues to expand, such as the rumoured Apple TV and the likes of iCloud, that ability to access your stuff anywhere you like, regardless of what device you have renders SD cards a clunky, old, outdated way of doing things.

Apple doesn't support SD cards because it doesn't need to. Nintendo has no choice.

I had numerous other problems with ipod - technical problems (numerous repairs), terribly scratched screen (the 3DS closes the lid which is excellent) and so on.

Yeah, not Apple's fault you can't look after your stuff. I have an iPod that's still going strong after 10 years without a scratch, another iPod Nano that's about 3 years old, also without a scratch, an iPhone without a scratch, and iPad without a scratch. Notice the common trend there? I look after my stuff, so none of it has been damaged or needed repairs.

Meanwhile I've had both a Gamecube and DSi fail on me. No huge deal since I've bought far more than that from Nintendo over the years, but people need to learn that anecdotal experiences never prove anything.

I'm not saying anything is better than anything else, but really.

Edited on by theblackdragon

GreatManaTree

I want to buy a Vita for put my hot cup of coffee on....it's such a waste if my table gets damaged!

GreatManaTree

GreatManaTree

And i am planning to buy an Ipad for cutting my vegetables on.....such a waste if i damage the sink!

GreatManaTree

Noire

And I'm buying a Wii U to take my craps on it. Wouldn't want to get the toilet dirty, no siree.

Edited on by Noire

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

GreatManaTree

MechaPhoenix wrote:

And I'm buying a Wii U to take my craps on it. Wouldn't want to get the toilet dirty, no siree.

If the controller is shaped like a U....I still try to find the original PS3 controller....it's perfectly shaped like a toilet seat!

GreatManaTree

Noire

GreatManaTree wrote:

If the controller is shaped like a U....I still try to find the original PS3 controller....it's perfectly shaped like a toilet seat!

You sit on some effed-up toilet seats man. I just hope you know that.

Lieutenant Commander of the Lesbian Love Brigade
There can only be one, like in that foreign movie where there could only be one, and in the end there is only one dude left, because that was the point.

melechofsin

@waltzelf.
(1) "As far as I am aware"..." You are not very aware then.
http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/consumer/digital_imagi...
Sony has moved to SD cards as well. Like I said, but facts not bother you, even the vita won't have either format. They're trying something else again, doomed for failure.

(2) itunes has nothing to do with it. Of course Apple needs SD cards. It just likes to rip off people like you. If I want to move my many GB of music I can do it easily with multiple SD cards that I have around, which also carry my photos etc. I can't do that with apple. Are you suggesting i actually d/l music again everytime? LOL. Nintendo didn't "need" it either - they just used something which is common everywhere except for Apple's "rip off" land (not that Nintendo is not guilty of that either in other aspects), and Sony's "make up world" land.

(3) yeah, that's not relevant. It's a fact that Ipod's are very sensitve, just like it's a fact that Nintendo's devices are very durable most of the time. The Gameboy famously survived the Gulf War. Ipods are very fragile in comparison.

Edited on by theblackdragon

melechofsin

GreatManaTree

MechaPhoenix wrote:

GreatManaTree wrote:

You sit on some effed-up toilet seats man. I just hope you know that.

....Yes i do my needs on a toilet....instead of a hole in the ground!

GreatManaTree

Bankai

@waltzelf. I don't know why I bother either. You must not be very old.
(1) "As far as I am aware"..." You are not very aware then.
http://news.sel.sony.com/en/press_room/consumer/digital_imagi...
Sony has moved to SD cards as well. Like I said, but facts not bother you, even the vita won't have either format. They're trying something else again, doomed for failure.

That camera features no fewer than four different ways to store media. Including Sony's memory sticks. If you think that Sony's memory card division hasn't been lucrative over the years then...

(2) itunes has nothing to do with it.

iTunes is critical to Apple devices. Part of being critical to Apple devices includes providing people a way to store and move media around without the need for crappy little memory cards. And it's going to get even better with iCloud.

Are you suggesting i actually d/l music again everytime? LOL. Nintendo didn't "need" it either - they just used something which is common everywhere except for Apple's "rip off" land (not that Nintendo is not guilty of that either in other aspects), and Sony's "make up world" land.

That's not what I'm suggesting at all, but it's not like you to pay attention to facts anyway. Look up cloud technology.

(3) yeah, that's not relevant. It's a fact that Ipod's are very sensitve, just like it's a fact that Nintendo's devices are very durable most of the time. The Gameboy famously survived the Gulf War. Ipods are very fragile in comparison.

"Nintendo's devices are very durable most of the time."

Frankly I'd just leave that hanging there, since it says a lot without me needing to respond, but I might as well - Apple products are amazingly durable these days - especially the iPad and iPhone. Both have very low fault return rates. But don't let facts get in the way or anything.

Edited on by Bankai

melechofsin

1) There is something called format wars. In this case, Sony's format lost. Not the first time, not the last time.
2) iTunes has nothing to do with capacity or storage. The reason Apple doesn't have SD cards is because they want to sell their higher capacities for more money in order to grab people's money. It's a way to lure people who are not tech savvy, or are blind supporters of Apple who come up with creative ways to explain why they want less features on their devices (flash for camera, adobe flash, SD cards and all the regular features that other devices have, but Apple likes to omit). Not having SD cards on Apple devices is inexcusable and expensive.
3) LOL. The amount of iphones my colleagues have sent for repairs is amazing. It's a lot of thing, but durable not. For durable try a Nokia. That's like a brick.

melechofsin

Moco_Loco

Oh, are you all still arguing here? I'll just pop some popcorn and watch some betamax movies while you all are at it. If I get bored, might listen to some 8-tracks.

Sent from my Palm Pilot.

Edited on by Moco_Loco

Moco Loco
If you find yourself spiritually drifting (as I was for far too many years), remember that Jesus can and will walk across the water to reach you and bring you back to shore.

Hokori

LOL mindless fighting about Nintendo being awful

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

turtlelink

MechaPhoenix wrote:

And you can use the Wii Remote as a flush handle!
What have I gotten myself into? D:

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.