• Tales of the Abyss
  • Paper Mario 3D
  • Cave Story
  • Bit. Trip 3D
  • Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracle
  • Shinobi
  • Sonic Generations
  • The entire Virtual Handheld service

Don't like a single game from that list? GTFO.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

k8sMum

GreatManaTree wrote:

I love the 3DS, that's a fact! I would recommend to buy it! The only 2 things missing at the moment are games and online capacity.....I think Sony enjoys that.....Online capacity, and i mean chat/message, etc, is nearly as important in 2011 as good games.....a lot of people rather play a crap game, if they can do it online, than another lonely expereance....A spotpass is nice, but it's nothing without a decent communication ability...same with 3DS friends.....

you write: 'the only 2 things missing at the moment are GAMES and online capacity'...i know you love the 3DS. but your observation makes the case for those who are disappointed, imo, because without games it's an expensive paperweight.

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Wisconsin1

The main things I wanted RE: REV, RE: MECS, and the 3d classics. MECS was fun for a few days, and they said we are only getting 6 or so 3d classics. I'm going to Gett a 3ds again, way, way later. I'm just mad that we can't have more then one 9+ rated game out of 20 lunch titles so far. 6,5's don't cut it...

3DS FC: 5370-0442-9112

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

• Super Mario 3D
  • Mario Kart 3DS
  • Animal Crossing
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Mega Man Legends 3
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Metal Gear Solid 3
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Paper Mario 3D
  • Cave Story
  • Bit. Trip 3D
  • Shinobi
  • Sonic Generations

I'm totaly interested in most of those, aside from that tacky looking Shinobi sequal, maybe Sonic Generations since I'm not a big fan of Sonic to begin with, and MGS....Although I'm maybe thinking about giving Snake Eater a chance....I like the fact that it takes place in the Jungle instead of a stone cold unorganic Facility. I've never heard of Tales of the Abyss but i'm guessing it's an RPG so therefor it's a no go.

And As for Professor Layton, while I loved my 5 hour experience with The Curious Villiage I'm not too sure if sitting around for endless hours solving standard math brain teasting puzzles will seduct me again. I'd much rather play a Zack & Wiki sequal, the original is one of my favorite Wii games.

As for the rest, can't wait! And I agree, if you seriously don't like one game from the list you need to GT*MEGA*FO

How does the Shinobi sequel look "tacky? And Tales of the Abyss is an action-RPG, FYI.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

I'm pretty sure Tales of the Abyss is an action RPG though, not a turn based battle one. So you might actually enjoy that one. MGS3 is a good looking game too. With the 3D effect you'll probably get the affect of being lost in the jungle. Some of the boss fight's scenery are really beautiful too. Go ahead and look up some videos on the original PS2 one if you like. You might change your mind. I know it's my second favorite MGS after the first one.

Meta-Rift

Wisconsin1 wrote:

I'm just mad that we can't have more then one 9+ rated game out of 20 lunch titles so far. 6,5's don't cut it...

Nintendo Life's review scores aren't objective. There are a few 9/10 games that I really, really regret buying, and lots of outstanding games that are unfairly criticized.

Meta-Rift

CanisWolfred

WaveBoy wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Kid_Crono wrote:

• Super Mario 3D
  • Mario Kart 3DS
  • Animal Crossing
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Star Fox 64 3D
  • Mega Man Legends 3
  • Resident Evil Revelations
  • Metal Gear Solid 3
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Paper Mario 3D
  • Cave Story
  • Bit. Trip 3D
  • Shinobi
  • Sonic Generations

I'm totaly interested in most of those, aside from that tacky looking Shinobi sequal, maybe Sonic Generations since I'm not a big fan of Sonic to begin with, and MGS....Although I'm maybe thinking about giving Snake Eater a chance....I like the fact that it takes place in the Jungle instead of a stone cold unorganic Facility. I've never heard of Tales of the Abyss but i'm guessing it's an RPG so therefor it's a no go.

And As for Professor Layton, while I loved my 5 hour experience with The Curious Villiage I'm not too sure if sitting around for endless hours solving standard math brain teasting puzzles will seduct me again. I'd much rather play a Zack & Wiki sequal, the original is one of my favorite Wii games.

As for the rest, can't wait! And I agree, if you seriously don't like one game from the list you need to GT*MEGA*FO

How does the Shinobi sequel look "tacky? And Tales of the Abyss is an action-RPG, FYI.

Oh is it? well if the reviews start blasting out positive i actually may just check it out. Secret of Mana for the SNES is another i kind of have my eye on...somewhat. And sorry, Shinibi really does look tacky compared to the genesis games. The art direction is weak, the graphics scream generic and the whole thing just doesn't sit right with me. It looks as if some cookie cutter weak sauce developer took the torch with this one and made it their own.

I guarantee this game won't get higher than a 7 if it's lucky.

It looks like an evolution of the PS2 version's graphics in 2D to me.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

komicturtle

Well, hope the man doesn't make the same mistake with the Vita. Where he had high hopes for it only to be let down by the Vita. Of course, that's 'him'. People who really want the Vita- like the people who wanted 3DS and got it on the first day- will get it. Either because of games, features, etc.

That's why you should not have high expectations for anything really. I sure didn't and 3DS hasn't really disappointed me entirely. The OP should use this lesson for future purchases, whether it be WiiU, Vita, PS4, etc.

komicturtle

SamuraiShyGuy

I really can't understand how so many people are disappointed in the 3DS. You knew what the system was all about when you bought and if you didn't then that's your fault. I haven't bought one yet because I'm waiting for all the awesome games to come out this holiday, but if I did buy one at launch I wouldn't be disappointed because, you guessed it, of all of the awesome games coming out this holiday. It's an investment people. You buy a system at launch for its future potential. How can anyone be disappointed when a Smash Bros. game is destined for it. Smash Bros. on the go people.

3DS: 0173-1626-4750
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Check out my Colors!3D gallery!

komicturtle

It has to do with high hopes more than anything. People forget to keep things at a reasonable level.

komicturtle

kkslider5552000

I was smart and waited until the games I got would last just long enough until Letrauc and Star Fox. They'll be great games, always are. It's Nintendo.

I just hate that there's such a lack of innovation from the people screaming about innovation, to the point that we need a 3D Mario game only a year and a half after the last one. When I'm not super ultra excited about a 3D Mario, there's a problem.

I kinda knew this all along. Last year at E3, no matter how awesome it was, you could see that Nintendo and 3rd parties realized that sequels sell and creativity doesn't outside of once every 5+ years for each new system. I mean, this year and last year's E3 could be described as "sequels and new system, thanks for your money, kthxbai!"

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Terave

If you only rate a device on it's launch, then almost every console and handheld are waste of money. Just give it some time, you'll see in about half a year.

Changed name: Old name was JDT!
Ponies will take over the world. Just deal with it.
3DS FC: 1375-7189-4496

GreatManaTree

komicturtle92 wrote:

I wasn't being serious about the 2012 thing

Nor me!....But sadly, millions of people are!

Edited on by GreatManaTree

GreatManaTree

SKTTR

WaveBoy wrote:

lol. Oh, that....Ya, that abomination doesn't count.
ST3 is what I ment.

How is StarTropics II an abomination? It's not a crappy spin-off. It doesn't contradict the StarTropics 1 feel.
It's just a direct sequel with better graphics and controls.
ST2 has the same gameplay essentially - and it keeps everything alive that made ST1 so good: Great dungeons and puzzles, the tropical setting and the challenging gameplay.

It seems you like ST1, so how come you don't appreciate ST2?

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Mandoble

WaveBoy wrote:

The Nes, Snes and N64's launches were all 10's in my eyes.

Totally agree about SNES and N64.
Nes was too much outclassed by everything when it was launched, but the other two were nice systems for their times with a nice set of games from the very beginning. Then the support of game devs for SNES was really amazing, it did start decreasing for the 64 and with the NGC it was already in free fall until the Wii abomination. On the other hand Nintendo is still a respected company for the handhelds, I hope this respect doesnt go down in flames with the 3DS as it did happen with their latest TV consoles.

Mandoble

Bass_X0

GreatManaTree wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I wasn't being serious about the 2012 thing

Nor me!....But sadly, millions of people are!

They won't be so serious about it in two years time.

Edgey, Gumshoe, Godot, Sissel, Larry, then Mia, Franziska, Maggie, Kay and Lynne.

I'm throwing my money at the screen but nothing happens!

GreatManaTree

Exactly....hondreds of times they predicted "the end of the world"....Remember; all predictions are made by humans....
...we live in a crazy world....Humans cut all the trees...We slaughter billions of other species, and eat them
knock it off with the religion-dissing, please, it's nowhere near relevant to this thread and all it's going to do is start trouble — TBD

Edited on by theblackdragon

GreatManaTree

Mandoble

WaveBoy wrote:

lol Dude, were you even around during that time/era?

As many people in Europe, playing MSX/MSX2/Spectrum and CBM64 (using a large variety of joysticks + the full keyboard, not just cheapy dpads), enjoying the glory days of Konami, HAL Laboratory, Hudson soft, Activision, Namco, Jaleco, ASCII, Ponyca, T esoft, CASIO, Falcom, COMPILE, SEGA, Broderbund, Codemasters, Accolade, Dinamic and many others and experimenting the early age of developing Z80 games at home in assembler and BASIC. Oh, and of course, pretty much ignoring NES and whatever came from Nintendo. This changed 10 years later with the SNES.

Mandoble

ToadFan

I would have a 3DS by now, but I'm waiting till the second gen 3DS, so the 3DS will have better battery, at least a 2MP Camera, (I mean only 0.3?) and hopefully at least a $224.99 price tag

Edited on by ToadFan

ToadFan

melechofsin

Scypher wrote:

It has netflix. In 3d soon. Cant do that anywhere.

Nextflix won't really utilize 3D. Without 3D, Netflix is available on numerous other devices, home consoles and portable. Also, unlike other media players, 3DS doesn't even allow you to use your own movies. You need to pay a regular subscription to add that functionality, instead of having freedom to watch what you want on the other devices you mentioned. Netflix is only available in North America, not the other regions where 3DS is sold, so it's a moot point.

Netflix will be available sooner or later in 3D and then can be enjoyed on the 3DS. Either that or other services, also in other countries (e.g., BBC). Streaming in 3D is possible only on the 3DS. That's the non moot point.

It has mp3 player. You load them through sd cards (u wont find these on either apple or sony devices, which is pathetic in 2011). U play these songs with awesome 3d effects... Gold. Not found anywhere.

If you're going to listen to music on the go, chances are you'll have the 3DS closed, thus nullifying the 3D visual effects.

[/quote]
Ha? No. Who listens to it on the go? It's very unsafe. You listen it on the subway, on the beach, in the library. So it's awesome and better with 3D.

Having a visualizer in 3D doesn't automatically make it "better" than a 2D one, per se.

yes it does. More immersive, very amazing feeling.

Sony doesn't use SD cards because they use another common format, Memory Sticks.

not common at all actually. Only used with sony devices and the new vita will use a new format altgoether, which compeltely sux. I use SD cards on my Wii, my camera, my mobile phone, and my 3DS. Much better.

iPad/phone/pod does not use them because the built in storage makes them unnecessary,

no... that sux, because you are limited to what you bought and can't upgrade for cheap.

though there are ways of using SD cards on them. 3DS needs SD cards because of its limited built-in storage.

no, it's used because it's convenient. How is 8GB ipad enough if you want to have tons of music and other stuff on it? I have a 20GB creative labs from ten years ago lol, that has 20GB, and there was even a 40GB version.

The web browser is decent, though much slower than the ones featured on the iOS platform.

no, disagree... the web browser is awesome because you don't have to block your view with the fingers, owing to the dual screen. not on ipod.

There are numerous great games for the iOS devices.

didn't say there werent. But bad controls, and limited compared to 3DS games. Not talking about the ipad because it's a computer, not a small handheld.

I'm not sure how to reply to a statement such as "iPad is a computer" when it's more of tablet if anything.

A tablet is a computer.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tablet_computer
That means, price wise and tech wise, that it's competing with netbooks, not handhelds. Of course it will be capable of netbook-like games. In fact, choosing an ipad will be silly. You can buy other tablets which are basically PC's. It all has to do with prices and whether you want a handheld or a computer.

Small screen? The iPod Touch's screen is comparable to the 3DS

No... it's smaller, not 3D, and you have to put your fingers on it. The 3DS' combined screens is much bigger.

and the iPad is much larger

completely irrelevant.

How is everything inferior on the iPod Touch...?

an ipod touch is an underpowered device compared to an iphone. A lot of featuers on it completely suck and it lacks some of the cutting edge tech on the iphone. It's not an iphone without the phone.

melechofsin

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.