Forums

Topic: How would you grade the 3DS during 2014 (out of 10)?

Posts 21 to 32 of 32

khadafi2999

5/10. less games, no new 3ds.

Nintendo fan.
Owned: NES, Megadrive, SNES, PS1, Dreamcast, PS2, DS, 3DS, and PC. Planned to buy: redesigned Wii U, New 3DS and maybe redesigned XBONE/PS4

WebHead

I'd give it a 6/10. SSB and Kirby are the highlights. Not bad but not great. I hope 2015 is better, but I think from here on Wii u I front and center. We aren't going to see another 2013-like year.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

OneBagTravel

I purchased my 3DS in 2014 so I spent all of 2014 playing 2013 games lol. I think the only 2014 game I purchased was A Link Between Worlds.

Edit: oh wait, A link between worlds came out in 2013 lol.

Well I'll give the 3ds a 10/10 but the games for 2014 a 0/10.

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I was mostly playing 2013 games and Kid Icarus Uprising during this year so in terms of 2014, I vote 4/10 as the 2014 game with most usage had way too much grinding (Smash Bros.)

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OneBagTravel

Sad thing is, 2015 doesn't look that great on 3DS releases. :-/

The big title release is what? Majora's Mask? Not interested. I'd love for another top down Zelda title though

Edited on by OneBagTravel

I love traveling light through Europe and run a blog about it at OneBagTravel.com
Hardware: Wii U, New 3DS, Super Famicom & Super GameBoy, Game Boy Pocket

3DS Friend Code: 4399-0976-8690 | Nintendo Network ID: OneBagTravel | Twitter:

mystman12

I feel like I have to give it a solid 8/10. While I can agree that last year was better, this year was still great. Kirby: Triple Deluxe was pretty good, albeit somewhat disappointing. (I still need to go back and collect all the crystal things though) I love Tomodachi Life, and Smash Bros. 3DS was amazing. This year I have racked up the most hours of playtime of any year, although about 100 hours of that is because of Petit Computer. I haven't bought a single eShop title this year though... Still, I'm overall happy with what we got this year.

I like makin' games!
Future Pinball games!
Petit Computer games!!
and SmileBASIC games!
Waiting for Kirby Air Ride 2. One day, it will come. One day...

3DS Friend Code: 0259-0292-5888 | Nintendo Network ID: mystman12 | Twitter:

NintendoFan990

WebHead wrote:

I'd give it a 6/10. SSB and Kirby are the highlights. Not bad but not great. I hope 2015 is better, but I think from here on Wii u I front and center. We aren't going to see another 2013-like year.

2015 is going to be the Wii U's 3DS' 2013.

I am a human.

Punished_Boss_84

7/10.

Pokemon XY disappointed me heavily, Pokemon ORAS disappointed me to a much lesser extent (I'm not pleased with that remade soundtrack, the added handholding and yes it really matters), I was impressed with Pokemon White 2 and FE Awakening (despite not completing it) was very enjoyable. If it wasn't for those two (despite all three not launching this year), the score would upset you. Actually a 7 is just me generous, unfortunately next year looks barren, so the score will...

Edited on by Punished_Boss_84

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

I-U

The system still lacks a new Metroid title, but I'll give the 3DS credit for handling Smash Brothers fantastically, so I'd say 7/10. I'll be honest though, I can't remember playing another 2014 3DS title beyond Smash, so I really hope 2015 is much better.

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

MetalKingShield

2/10 - very poor with a few redeeming features.

Smash Bros and Kirby seemed like two decent efforts, but I'm not interested in those series (or Yoshi). Maybe I should have played Kirby, but that's about it.

I thought I'd enjoy Fantasy Life but instead found it highly cynical - just designed to keep you addicted and unlocking "achievements". Conception II was rather unremarkable. Senran Kagura Burst was terrible.

The one good game I played this year was Etrian Odyssey Untold, although the post-game has been made harder and the Grimoire system is about pure luck. If you get the skill "drop" you'll receive a huge advantage; if you don't get it, you'll struggle.

The biggest problem for me is that Europe didn't get three massive eShop games I was interested in - Azure Striker Gunvolt, Steel Empire and Shantae and the Pirate's Curse. Add to that the fact Dragon Quest VII still hasn't been localised and I think it was a very, very poor year for 3DS. Shantae and Dragon Quest alone could have made it 10/10 for me, but they didn't happen and so I have to be honest.

Edited on by MetalKingShield

MetalKingShield

CrazyOtto

7/10 Not as good as 2013 with summer having a drought but still a good year overall with...

• Bravely Default
  • Yumi's Odd Oddesy
  • Yoshi's New Island
  • Disney Magical World
  • Kirby Triple Deluxe
  • Mario Gold World Tour
  • Tomodachi Life
  • Fantasy Life
  • Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
  • Shovel Knight
  • Woah Dave!
  • Azure Striker: Gunvolt
  • Mighty Gunvolt
  • Rusty's Real Deal Baseball
  • Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
  • Ultimate NES Remix
  • Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire
    ...and a probably a few more that I forgot. Now 2015 so far looks like the weakest year for the Nintendo 3DS since 2011, I hope Nintendo proves that false.

EDIT: My rankings for all four of the 3DS's years...
2011: 4/10
2012: 7/10
2013: 9/10
2014: 7/10

2013 would've been a 10/10 if the Swapnote shutdown hadn't happened.

Edited on by CrazyOtto

CrazyOtto

3DS Friend Code: 4511-0465-7453 | Nintendo Network ID: MrSRArter

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.