Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 281 to 290 of 290

ivory_soul

The system has stopped receiving any support and is "dead". It's just obvious. Everything says it is outside of an official discontinuation announcement from Nintendo. GameStop removed all 3DS games from the shelves months ago, most other stores only carry a half dozen of the newest 3DS titles and that's about it. I doubt we will get another 3DS or handheld iteration since the Switch Lite pretty much replaces that. I think the Switch will be Nintendo's only system for a while and this might mark the official death of the dedicated handheld which is super sad. I grew up on handhelds. I love the Switch Lite and how much it just feels like a dedicated handheld.

Edited on by ivory_soul

ivory_soul

Nintendo Network ID: ivory_soul

gcunit

I finally got Twilight Menu++ working properly on my N3DS this last week. It's the dream. Once I upgrade the micro SD card from its current 64gb one I'm gonna have so many sweet sweet games I can carry round in my pocket.

3DS will never die.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Cotillion

Yeah, it's dead.

But.....I've been playing mine a lot the last week or so. Replaying games I haven't played in a long while like Zelda ALBW and Samus Returns. I think I might get into Bravely Default after, I never got around to it before.
The 3DS might be dead, but I love it. I forgot how much I really love the 3D effect and wish the Switch had the option too.

Cotillion

Andee

My 3DS (which I recently swapped out for a N2DS) has been having something of a renaissance lately ‚ÄĒ the sheer volume of games on it, plus the back catalogue of backward-compatible DS games will keep my interest for years to come

Andee

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

3DS is NOT dead for me.
It's time to add more Japanese 3DS exclusives to expand my games library. ūüėÄ

@Anti-Matter Japanese exclusives, that sounds good what games would the Japanese exclusives games be?

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
So many.
24 titles at least.
On my list, mostly my Japanese 3DS games are from Nippon Columbia games such as Pika Pika Nurse Monogatari, Wannyan Pets Shop, JS Girls Cake Shop Monogatari, Sumikko Gurashi games, etc.
Also, some girlie games such as AKB48 + Me, Miracle Tunes, etc.
Almost all of Japanese 3DS games on my list are Girlie games.

I guess you will frowning your face to see very unusual titles i have mentioned.
My gaming taste is absolutely different with majority users here.

My Top 5 Music genre:
1. Super Eurobeat
2. Cyber Trance
3. Euro Trance
4. Hardcore Techno
5. Bubblegum / Eurodance

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Ninfan

Anti-Matter wrote:

@Ninfan
So many.
24 titles at least.
On my list, mostly my Japanese 3DS games are from Nippon Columbia games such as Pika Pika Nurse Monogatari, Wannyan Pets Shop, JS Girls Cake Shop Monogatari, Sumikko Gurashi games, etc.
Also, some girlie games such as AKB48 + Me, Miracle Tunes, etc.
Almost all of Japanese 3DS games on my list are Girlie games.

I guess you will frowning your face to see very unusual titles i have mentioned.
My gaming taste is absolutely different with majority users here.

@Anti-Matter so you don't buy all of the japan only games. where could I buy all of them?" pika pika" is that Latin for magpie

Ninfan

Switch Friend Code: SW-8545-3735-7300 | 3DS Friend Code: 5430-2977-8452 | My Nintendo: Nin10dofan | Nintendo Network ID: 462971 name nin10dofan

LuigiTheGreenFire

The New Nintendo 2DS XL is currently the only model, and it's getting more difficult to find brand new. We've only gotten a handful of minor games on the eShop in the past six months. The 3DS is discontinued in all but an official announcement by Nintendo. The eShop will likely stay open in most major markets until at least 2022, if not 2023.

What Would W. Do?

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1033-1732 | Nintendo Network ID: Wman1996

Ninfan

didn't Nintendo say they would have 2 consoles..

Ninfan

MarcusIsCool

Ninfan wrote:

didn't Nintendo say they would have 2 consoles..

They did.

I like games and I know computer programming

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic