Forums

Topic: How long until the 3ds dies?

Posts 261 to 275 of 275

iLikeUrAttitude

@Anti-Matter Well thats great since you're still buying games for the system and it's not getting old to you. But objectively speaking the system is basically dead. At least the online is still working.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Switch Friend Code: SW-1693-4995-1592

MarcusIsCool

@iLikeUrAttitude well that’s true, but It has nothing to do with Nintendo. There could always be third party support games to be released. Won’t take too much time from Nintendo to publish. No first or second party games to be released is ok with me. In fact, that’s highly unlikely to happen.

Edited on by MarcusIsCool

MarcusIsCool

SyFyTy

I can't wait for all these young kids saying.. "It's time for you to go 3ds..." One day, someone will be standing at their bedside, when they're about 50+ and on some life support and someone will say to them... "You've had a good run... now it's time for you to go... die somewhere." Sounds dumb? Yeah, it does, so let's stop saying it. Nothing is done until it's done. It's obviously not done otherwise this thread wouldn't still be here.

'Be Good or Be Gone!'

Ralizah

@SyFyTy ...are you seriously comparing the weight of a human life to a console?

It might be time to leave the basement and breathe some fresh air, friend.

Also, only the 2DS/New 2DS are still in active production, to my knowledge, and there has been pretty much nothing in terms of new releases since mid-2018. Even the PS Vita is getting more substantive new releases. The system is dead.

Edited on by Ralizah

Playing depressing games alone in my cold, dark room <3

Anti-Matter

@iLikeUrAttitude
The System will be called dead if they cannot be played anymore (broken)
They just changed their status from New Entry become Retro.
Peoples still play Retro games until today, including me.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

iLikeUrAttitude

@Anti-Matter By that logic every console isn't dead.
Of course you can go and continue playing the 3ds (just like with any console).
But when a console is getting no support its considered dead.
The 3ds had had no new games over the past years and no mentions in directs or E3. Thats why it's considered dying. When production of the 3ds ends it can be considered dead for good.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iLikeUrAttitude

@SyFyTy The fact that you compared a human life with a console shows that you have no idea what you're talking about. That was possibly the worst comparison I have ever seen.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Zeldafan79

If game systems shouldn't be compared to a human life than maybe we should stop using the word dead. It's an inanimate object for crying out loud! It was never alive to begin with.

You wanna stuff old systems in the closet or pawn them or whatever be my guest but you can't kill a console unless it literally won't power on anymore.

My original Nes still works and i played it yesterday so na na na boo boo on all of you!😜

Edited on by Zeldafan79

Zeldafan79

iLikeUrAttitude

@Zeldafan79 Nice strawman but we use terms like life and dead for consoles(and other inanimate objects) to determine how long they'll last, the current state of them, how much support is it getting etc.
Comparing a human life to a console like it has the same value is just plain stupid.The person above acted like someone would unplug their Grandmas life support because she was on the edge of dying...

Yes your NES is alive in the sense that you can turn it on and off but seeing how it has no new games coming for it, production stopping decades ago and common sense we can determine that the console is in fact dead because support has been dropped for a while now.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Zeldafan79

@iLikeUrAttitude
No the Nes is not dead! It just became part of gaming history. If it were dead nobody would still be talking about it today. Much like any other system that made enough of an impact to be remembered. Quite similar i might add to one of these human lives that even after dead could leave their mark on the world and be remembered. Especially if they acomplished something important or effected anothers life in any significant way. A thing that game systems can also do btw including the 3DS which by now i think it has.

Edited on by Zeldafan79

Zeldafan79

GuruOfGreatness

I'm still holding out hope they keep it on store shelves and on their online shop officially until at least February 2021 so it hits the 10 year mark

They could then even milk that by releasing some sort of limited 10 year anniversary edition.

At the end of the day if it still makes them a tidy little profit for very little effort now, why would they stop selling it?

GuruOfGreatness

MarcusIsCool

@GuruOfGreatness

Right. I don’t see why a console should Be eliminated, especially when people enjoy it. Maybe I’m wrong about everything I said, maybe there something I’m not seeing, but the Switch is too big for a portable. I like the “smaller” feel of the 3DS. Also if you took notice, the 3DS is lacking in FPS games. There’s a lot of potential there.

It’s packed with great games though. However, there could always be more of a variety of games. The Switch has been doing great with the variety of games front IMO.

MarcusIsCool

iLikeUrAttitude

@MarcusIsCool From a business standpoint it would be wise to focus more on the switch.
A more powerful console especially compared to the 3ds has a lot less limitations in hardware and leaves for room for development. Another reason being that the switch is selling so well and the 3ds sales have been declining for a while now. So much in fact that some games have cancelled development for it.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Anti-Matter

@MarcusIsCool
"the 3DS is lacking in FPS games"

But that's a Benefit for me. 😀
3DS has a lot of casual, cute and girlie games, just like i want.
I don't even care with FPS games, never like that genre except Metroid Prime Federation Force (the only Nintendo shooting game i allowed).

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4 (96)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (95)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (91)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic