3DS Forum

Topic: How Long Until Price Drops?

Showing 21 to 29 of 29

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Panthon13

21. Posted:

I hope they don't release another 3DS variation... for a long long time. 3DS Lite won't ever exist, because this 3DS has 5 light settings. 3DSi, it will have internet and browsers in an update shortly after it's release, and 3DS XL... might be kinda cool... so maybe. 3D video is just a software update, and hopefully new features that they plan to add to the 3DS are just software updates.

So I really wouldn't count on seeing a new variation too soon, unless a new hardware upgrade can greatly assist the machine, like a better 3D screen on the 3DS to help with the very small 3D sweet spot.

Every sheep needs a shepherd
Every shepherd needs a sheep for his flock.
They are walking to the horizon of their ideas
Trampling the sprouts of freedom and despising pride
But rise above the Earth and you will see
Where this herd is heading...
It's heading to the precipices!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

22. Posted:

melvin2898 wrote:

Gosh grow up. What are you idiots? My thoughts are that the price won't drop. It will come out soon and a price drop would be too early. You could see if they have bundle or something. You would get more for your money.

Harsh, blunt but true.
Using my Christmas money to gradually pay off the system and now that I just got hired for a job, money won't be too much of an issue.

Wait, wait wait... Do any of you have jobs?? Because if you're complaining about not being able to afford it at this time- or it's just you think it's too high (realistically, the price is right), then you may be better off looking for a job. I've taken a year to look and finally got one (excited!).

If you're complaining and don't have a job and are OLD enough and should have a job, then start looking. You can also start paying some bills and help around- but that's off topic.

If you're complaining and DO have a job- well, it's your money. Wait for 2-3 years for the price drop if the 3DS is a great success. Because it took 2 years for the DS to get a price drop (what, $20-30 dollars off?). Maybe set some money aside while you wait. Many options, y'know.

Enough of my rant. :/

Syd-Valak wrote:

I hope they don't release another 3DS variation... for a long long time. 3DS Lite won't ever exist, because this 3DS has 5 light settings. 3DSi, it will have internet and browsers in an update shortly after it's release, and 3DS XL... might be kinda cool... so maybe. 3D video is just a software update, and hopefully new features that they plan to add to the 3DS are just software updates.

So I really wouldn't count on seeing a new variation too soon, unless a new hardware upgrade can greatly assist the machine, like a better 3D screen on the 3DS to help with the very small 3D sweet spot.

I think the next or third revision will have better cameras and obviously longer lasting batteries. I'll get it even though I'm getting THIS 3DS.

Fo' sho'

Edited on by komicturtle

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Panthon13

23. Posted:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I think the next or third revision will have better cameras and obviously longer lasting batteries. I'll get it even though I'm getting THIS 3DS.

Fo' sho'

It is possible to have a new battery released with a higher MaH ((I think that's what it's called)), so the battery can be released without having a whole new 3DS with it.

Depending on how popular the cameras are in games and with the AR cards, we might see a new set of cameras, but then if those cameras are needed specifically for games, then people will have to buy the newer version of the 3DS... so that might become a problem.

Every sheep needs a shepherd
Every shepherd needs a sheep for his flock.
They are walking to the horizon of their ideas
Trampling the sprouts of freedom and despising pride
But rise above the Earth and you will see
Where this herd is heading...
It's heading to the precipices!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

komicturtle

24. Posted:

Syd-Valak wrote:

komicturtle92 wrote:

I think the next or third revision will have better cameras and obviously longer lasting batteries. I'll get it even though I'm getting THIS 3DS.

Fo' sho'

It is possible to have a new battery released with a higher MaH ((I think that's what it's called)), so the battery can be released without having a whole new 3DS with it.

Depending on how popular the cameras are in games and with the AR cards, we might see a new set of cameras, but then if those cameras are needed specifically for games, then people will have to buy the newer version of the 3DS... so that might become a problem.

Well, we'll see if Nintendo pushes ARGames, since it kinda reminds me of e-Reader: a cool idea that didn't take off. Things change, so hopefully they'll stick with it through and through.

Also, I don't think the new cameras would have exclusive games for it. I mean, I just don't see a real point unless it has cool x-ray and nightvision modes but then the 3DS SP would cost more than less haha

But seriously, I doubt we would need to buy the 3DS SP just because certain ARGames need the camera. I mean, the camera the 3DS comes with is fine and decent from what I can see. A 3-5MP camera would be sweet though.

komicturtle

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Hardy83

25. Posted:

When did the Wii and DS get a price drop?
By which I mean from launch to the first price drop. I imagine the 3DS will be around the same.

Hardy83

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Panthon13

26. Posted:

Hardy83 wrote:

When did the Wii and DS get a price drop?
By which I mean from launch to the first price drop. I imagine the 3DS will be around the same.

About two years later...The Wii was a solid 200-250 for the extent of it's release.

Every sheep needs a shepherd
Every shepherd needs a sheep for his flock.
They are walking to the horizon of their ideas
Trampling the sprouts of freedom and despising pride
But rise above the Earth and you will see
Where this herd is heading...
It's heading to the precipices!

AuthorMessage
AvatarStaff

Unca_Lz

27. Posted:

I predict a price increase thanks to Patcher's comment :P

Nintendo Life moderator and duck

My Retrologgery
LordJumpMad is emperor. U mad?

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JeanLuc_Vaycard

28. Posted:

The price will lower once I have played it for a while and am satisfied that it needs a price drop. I will let nintendo know when that is, but until then I think it will stay there for a while.

THERE... ARE... 4 LIGHTS!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiSn2JuDQSc&feature=youtube_gdata_player

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SMEXIZELDAMAN

29. Posted:

Vaynard wrote:

The price will lower once I have played it for a while and am satisfied that it needs a price drop. I will let nintendo know when that is, but until then I think it will stay there for a while.

Lord Head Admin of SonyLife
♥♥♥Videogames are lame♥♥♥