Forums

Topic: How I think pokemon could be improved.

Posts 121 to 127 of 127

Marks

WesCash wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Multiple save files.

This.

And be able to trade Pokemon between files.

I want to start the main game over again, but I don't want to lose all my high level pokemon, event pokemon, and shiny pokemon. And I don't want to have to spend time trading them over to someone else's game and then trade them back later. That is really the only option now.

Yeah, I used to think like you, but it defeats the purpose of Pokémon. You're supposed to start as a trainer to train to be the very best.
Besides, they cut out the ability to migrate Pokémon with items in Black/White, I believe. And why? Because they did not want users to rig the system.
I think it would also wreck the trading system a bit, as there would be double the amount (or whatever amount of save files made, if the case) of Starters, per game card. Double the amount of legenderies per save file, and so on. Even if the decision to make one file receive the event legendaries were there, it wouldn't be fair.
If it's such an importance, the ability to buy another game card is avaible. I know you mentioned it's a time waster, but it can be done.

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

Marks

sykotek wrote:

Reduce the roster and give it the Skylanders treatment. I like Skylanders.

Do I smell a crossover?
I would like this too, I find it would work very well.
It could be a little like Pokémon Mystery Dungeon!

Say what now?
If you can do no good, at least do no harm. -Kurt Vonnegut
I'm not really active here anymore. So it goes.

3DS Friend Code: 3609-1418-8196

sykotek

I actually have it pretty well thought out in my head how it could work, wouldn't necessarily be limited to Mystery Dungeon style of gameplay, but it'd definitely utilize RFID tech like Skylanders has at the most basic level...and they've done that pretty well. I just really don't like to share details...it's all really cool though in my head.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

Nintenbro

The greatest possible improvement would be to quit producing Pokemon games altogether. Eh... Pokemon.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

CosmoXY

@G4L - If you don't like Pokémon, don't buy or play the games, or read forum topics related to the series. Problem solved.

@Arcemenal - You're right that the target demographic for these games are children, but GameFreak would be remiss if they didn't take into account that a portion of their fanbase has aged but still enjoys the series. I think it would be wise to continue to add depth to the series so that their is more for older players to sink their teeth into. That said, there is so much depth already in the games factoring in EVs, IVs, natures, breeding, etc. already. It's a great series and I look forward to a 3DS entry!

Cosmo 1547-5360-6061
Rock Safari - Dwebble, Pupitar & Barbaracle

WesCash

Deeda wrote:

Yeah, I used to think like you, but it defeats the purpose of Pokémon. You're supposed to start as a trainer to train to be the very best.
Besides, they cut out the ability to migrate Pokémon with items in Black/White, I believe. And why? Because they did not want users to rig the system.
I think it would also wreck the trading system a bit, as there would be double the amount (or whatever amount of save files made, if the case) of Starters, per game card. Double the amount of legenderies per save file, and so on. Even if the decision to make one file receive the event legendaries were there, it wouldn't be fair.
If it's such an importance, the ability to buy another game card is avaible. I know you mentioned it's a time waster, but it can be done.

I do see what you are saying. I suppose having one save file is part of the "experience" and I guess there could be some problems with having multiple save files. I'm thinking of starting over Soul Silver right now, but I don't want to lose the event, shiny, and starter pokemon I have collected. What I will probably end up doing is trading over those pokemon to my brother's game using his DS and trade back after starting over. However, this undoubtedly will take a long amount of time.

I just wish there was some easy way of hanging on to these rare pokemon that are either impossible to reobtain or very hard to do so.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Drawdler

sykotek wrote:

Reduce the roster and give it the Skylanders treatment. I like Skylanders.

[/div]

I agree, actually. Pokemon needs more Dungeonesque games. The spinoffs are always the best. I have no idea how many they would make though. Making all would be overkill, and there would always be the problem of evolutions. Maybe a game with legendaries only? This would give a good roster, but also not be too much if you wanna buy'em'all. As long as they aren't too expensive and there are plenty to go around. The problem I can see with this though is levels being really easy because of your power, unless they nerf you or power up enemies. I would love to see a full, proper game like this though. If Rumble Blast had that, I would have bought it in a heartbeat, and that was the perfect oppurtunity too with the toy concept >_<

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.