Forums

Topic: How I think pokemon could be improved.

Posts 101 to 120 of 127

MikeDanger

^what you said makes it sound boring.

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

Aviator

Here is a way.
Untitled

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

turtlelink

Aviator wrote:

Here is a way.
Untitled

It's people like you that don't even try to help the environment.

Untitled
That's better.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

MAB

turtlelink wrote:

Aviator wrote:

Here is a way.
Untitled

[/div]

It's people like you that don't even try to help the environment.

Untitled
That's better.

We want to get rid of it for good not recycle it

MAB

Hokori

Pokemon B/W 2 should do the trick, oh and conquest looks cool too

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

mamp

@Aviator @turtlelink @MadAussieBloke
You guys made me LOL so hard

Also too many improvements to made to the Pokemon formula so I'll just go with what these guys said it'll be easier.

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

WesCash

3 Things to change (based on my experience with Soul Silver):

• Have HMs take up a separate slot (not one of the 4 moves)
  • Have the level of wild pokemon reflect the average level of pokemon in your party (or something).
  • Be able to face almost every single random trainer whenever you want, as many times as you want.

My main problem with the Pokemon games is that after you beat the main story, it is very hard and tedious to train both low and high level pokemon. It usually involves slapping on an experience share, spamming the Elite Four/Gym Leaders, or fighting the same types of wild pokemon with appropriate levels over and over.
Also after you beat the game, it is simply no fun to run into level 1 pidgeys and level 10 geodude over and over. And it is very unappealing to catch and train one of these low level pokemon.
If wild pokemon levels were more fluid and trainers could be battled whenever you want, the replayability of the games would be greater and level grinding would be cut down enormously.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Drawdler

I'd actually like hand-drawn graphics like the anime but they would never do that...

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

RYBlast

Pokemon will only need to change when the games stop making money, which isn't happening anytime soon. Also, you realize that the DS is incapable of DLC, right?

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

RYBlast

NintenHero wrote:

No... let's face it, Pokemon sucks now as well as the series, it just ain't as good or as close to the old school versions. My Black version is cathin' some SERIOUS dust right now and idk how Veteran Pokemon Trainers still play be playin' "Hardcore", it's just borin' n' all now.

Can you please explain to me what about Black Version is making it collect dust that the "old-school" versions don't have?

RYBlast

3DS Friend Code: 0044-2803-1972 | Nintendo Network ID: LittleEgyptian | Twitter:

TKOWL

RYBlast wrote:

NintenHero wrote:

No... let's face it, Pokemon sucks now as well as the series, it just ain't as good or as close to the old school versions. My Black version is cathin' some SERIOUS dust right now and idk how Veteran Pokemon Trainers still play be playin' "Hardcore", it's just borin' n' all now.

[/div]

Can you please explain to me what about Black Version is making it collect dust that the "old-school" versions don't have?

He never said anything about the older versions of the games.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

voulg160

Lets see 3d and the ability to control your pokemon during battle like in pokepark except 10X better controls

Backloggery
right and wrong are not what separate us and our enemies. It's our different standpoints, our perspectives that separate us."
fc is 2750-1120-9537

Arcamenel

Pokemon is fine the way it is, Game Freak/Nintendo always makes enough changes to make it new and exciting but overall the game is fine as is. The people QQing that the game sucks or needs an overhaul don't seem to realize that the game was and will always be meant for a certain demographic. That demographic is children. If you are an adult or someone well past the demographic and are complaining about Pokemon you need to reevaluate your life. You have to accept the fact that while your loyalty is appreciated, you are no longer the target demographic so for the most part your opinions don't matter.

Derrick
3DS FC: 1693 - 1069 - 1732

C7_

"DLC(download able content)"

• Yes, but first it needs to be on a system that CAN do DLC, IE the 3DS. Also, good DLC is not planned from the start, but a patch after reviewing the community's comments that fix bugs as well as add great content.
    "A revised formula."
  • Things need to be changed to appeal to a both aging and new gaming audience, sure, but this is rather ambiguous
    "A new extremely upgraded battle frontier."
  • agreed
    "Improved online."
  • This can only happen when Nintendo Cracks down on hacking and makes it impossible to illegitimately gain pokemon. This would be incredibly hard to do without excessively hindering the online community itself. It can be done, but keep that in mind.
    "A mode where you can enter a friends game and play with them doing quests."
  • This would be very much welcome but would be a pain to keep track of and then balance for.
    "More than one region like in Gold and Silver possibly even all the regions plus a new one."
  • I would enjoy that, but there's reasons why it would be a huge pain
    "Bigger regions."
  • Also would be a huge pain; we do have leveling to think of as well as progression. But again, not an unwelcome thought.
    "More things to do after defeating elite four."
  • Definitely
    "Give Pokemon move experience that increases the powers of moves slightly like gun proficiencies in Modern Warfare 3."
  • Absolutely not. That is a terrible system that encourages those who are doing well to maximize themselves to do even better, and those who are doing poorly to continue to do badly. On top of that, it adds a fake sense of superiority and progress.

http://backloggery.com/C7_the_Epic

3DS Friend Code: 0989-1837-9542 | Nintendo Network ID: C7_the_Epic | Twitter:

Electricmastro

Multiple save files.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

WesCash

Electricmastro wrote:

Multiple save files.

This.

And be able to trade Pokemon between files.

I want to start the main game over again, but I don't want to lose all my high level pokemon, event pokemon, and shiny pokemon. And I don't want to have to spend time trading them over to someone else's game and then trade them back later. That is really the only option now.

WesCash

3DS Friend Code: 2019-9710-8219

Electricmastro

WesCash wrote:

Electricmastro wrote:

Multiple save files.

[/div]

This.

And be able to trade Pokemon between files.

I want to start the main game over again, but I don't want to lose all my high level pokemon, event pokemon, and shiny pokemon. And I don't want to have to spend time trading them over to someone else's game and then trade them back later. That is really the only option now.

I think Nintendo expects the average person to basically get rid of the Pokemon they spent all of that time training on to get them at high levels, kind of like how Ash leaves most of his old Pokemon behind so that he can start over.

Backloggery. Now playing: 3D Dot Game Heroes, Donkey Kong, EarthBound Beginnings, Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams, and Pac-Man Championship Edition DX+.

3DS Friend Code: 0216-1196-2417 | Nintendo Network ID: Electricmastro

sykotek

Reduce the roster and give it the Skylanders treatment. I like Skylanders.

What is the meaning of life? That's so easy, the answer is TETRIS.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.