3DS Forum

Topic: Heroes of Ruin Discussion Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 275

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

161. Posted:

How did you guys add those links into your signature's? I tried to do it myself, but it's not functioning.

Edit: Nevermind, I just figured it out. Duh.↓

Edited on by Nintenbro

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

162. Posted:

I expected the single player campaign to be what it is but what we really haven't heard of yet is how the online works! Like most online game the single player takes a back seat to the online. Take monster hunter for example. Single player was much shorter then the online one. I played that game for over 600 hours!! We still really haven't heard about how the chat works either. Lots of stuff still up in the air about this game right now. I still need to know more.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

BenAV

163. Posted:

@Tech101 One of the biggest complaints I've heard is the fact that once you defeat a boss, they don't respawn.
This applies to online multiplayer as well as single player.
The only way to fight a boss again is to start the game over with a new character or join someone online who hasn't fought that boss yet.
And if you join someone else, I'm sure they won't appreciate you stealing any equipment that the boss drops too.

Pretty much, from what I hear, all the problems that affect the single player mode also apply to the multiplayer.
Either they need to provide a patch (if possible) to address the issues, or there isn't going to be much to do once the game is finished from what I'm hearing.
A real shame for a game that should have hundreds of hours of replay value.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Magi

164. Posted:

BenAV wrote:

@Tech101 One of the biggest complaints I've heard is the fact that once you defeat a boss, they don't respawn.
This applies to online multiplayer as well as single player.
The only way to fight a boss again is to start the game over with a new character or join someone online who hasn't fought that boss yet.
And if you join someone else, I'm sure they won't appreciate you stealing any equipment that the boss drops too.

This is unacceptable and was a big issue with Diablo 2 multiplayer. It was pretty common to have an awesome public game going with 100% participation and teamwork from everyone. Next thing you know, a random high-level character enters the game, stays for a few minutes, and then leaves without saying a word. An hour or so later, you would get to the boss of the act you were in, and it turns out he was already dead because that high level killed him and took all the drops.

Currently own: Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, 3DS, iPad, PC's, WP7 Phone and a Vita. Who you callin' a fanboy?!
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?" -The Joker

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

165. Posted:

I got the game yesterday,and it's pretty decent.

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

AuthorMessage

BenAV

166. Posted:

Nick-Clegg wrote:

I got the game yesterday,and it's pretty decent.

That's what I'm expecting.
From what I've been hearing, the game itself should be good fun... the problem comes in when you finish the game (which doesn't take long) and there is no longer much to do, which really shouldn't be the case in a game like this.

I'm still looking forward to playing it when it comes out here on Thursday though.
It's just not going to last me my whole mid-year break like I was hoping... probably just the first few days.

Nintendo Pocket Football Club - Club Name: True Teikoku | Club ID: 9697C6E03

3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

167. Posted:

The only thing I hate about the game is the it looks pretty ugly,and it can get boring walking about doing nothing.

PSN- Crossword-Man

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

168. Posted:

okay got the game today. played over 3 hours with my architect. lvl 14 now.

it's great. only played singleplayer (maybe 10mins online).
the dungeons are really cool. some mini-puzzles in certain areas and a bit of backtracking. lots of loot.
the ability to immediatly see wether the loot is better than your current gear is cool.
the gameplay is simple but a lot of fun. you get some really cool skills/abilities as your progress.
graphics are good. not great. framerate is okay. a lot of details in the world of heroes of ruin.

overall so far:
great game.

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Chris720

169. Posted:

Wait... in a sprawling RPG dungeon crawler like this... the story is short and whatever you do in the single-player translates to the multi-player? And the bosses don't respawn? What the fudge? Squeenix and n-Scape, you better fix that pronto!

What an amazing game and it's sounding like rubbish everyday.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

170. Posted:

i cant believe the bosses wont spawn. have to see that for myself.

so far the singleplayer is a lot of fun for me. and even without online i have plenty to do in SP

Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

171. Posted:

@kyoto, did you complete every available sidequest during those 10 hours of playtime, or did you opt out of certain sidequests?

Nintendo Bro

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

172. Posted:

I heard some of these side quests are actually very boring.

PSN- Crossword-Man

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

173. Posted:

Nick-Clegg wrote:

Some of the boring side quests lead to interesting side quests. thats how it tends to work in most RPGs these days.

3DS Friend Code: 2621 - 2654 - 6355

OnLive Player Tag: Raptor78

Heroes of Ruin online profile -
http://heroesofruin.com/profile/Raptor1978

http://passid.ca/raptor

currently playing: Heroes of Ruin

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

174. Posted:

Raptor78 wrote:

Nick-Clegg wrote:

[/div]

Some of the boring side quests lead to interesting side quests. thats how it tends to work in most RPGs these days.

Hmmm... Could this be a reference to Xenoblade Chronicles? :)

Nintendo Bro

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

175. Posted:

Demonic wrote:

Wait... in a sprawling RPG dungeon crawler like this... the story is short and whatever you do in the single-player translates to the multi-player? And the bosses don't respawn? What the fudge? Squeenix and n-Scape, you better fix that pronto!

What an amazing game and it's sounding like rubbish everyday.

The random/rare mini bosses on the levels respawn its just the quest related ones that dont, because when a quest is complete you cant access it anymore, multiplayer / single player game translates into the same for the host only and with four saves it isnt really that hard to go through online and retake on the previous quests on a fresh save with your band of merry men but bare in mind you wont be eligible for quest reward items (although gold and EXP still counts)
...still having a lot of fun with this game, three saves used for the main game and one for the purposes of playing older quests online with others and to fullfil daily challenges.

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

176. Posted:

G4L wrote:

Raptor78 wrote:

Nick-Clegg wrote:

]

[/div]

[/div]

Hmmm... Could this be a reference to Xenoblade Chronicles? :)

;) lol

AuthorMessage

Nibelilt

177. Posted:

Good game as far as I've played. I'm just warning anyone who picks the Alchitect, your health will be a pain until you get something that adds to it.

"In the beginning, the Universe was created.
This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -Douglas Adams

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | (Currently Inactive) Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

178. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

Good game as far as I've played. I'm just warning anyone who picks the Alchitect, your health will be a pain until you get something that adds to it.

i didnt have that many problem with my alchitect's health.
died a few times in boss fights but thats it. there are plenty of healthpotions you can pick up.

how did you stat your alchitect?
most of my stats are on strenght and soul but i also have some on viral or whatever it is called.

AuthorMessage

gaDronilDdos

179. Posted:

Nibelilt wrote:

>2011
>not going for 100% vita build

I first made a gun slinger, but at level 26 I realized that I had skilled it wrong. I had added points to skills that I never use or are complete crap to start with.
Now I've made a new one with 100% vigor/full passives/ escape+adrenaline rush+bullet barrage

Edited on by theblackdragon

3DS fc: 3136-7253-6786
Currently playing RE: revelations
Please let me know if you want to add me.

AuthorMessage

Raptor78

180. Posted:

gaDronilDdos wrote:

"Nibelilt" wrote:

[/div]

>2011
>not going for 100% vita build

I first made a gun slinger, but at level 26 I realized that I had skilled it wrong. I had added points to skills that I never use or are complete crap to start with.
Now I've made a new one with 100% vigor/full passives/ escape+adrenaline rush+bullet barrage

I know what you mean, Ive started over a couple of times due to skill sets. I went for the passive skill sets with the Gunslinger with one buff which I always keep activated and stuck with two special attacks. Didnt bother wasting skill on ones I dont use, unless it went towards one of the other passives etc. I plough all my stat points (most of the time) into my soul, because usually everytime you put three into it, it also increases your health and energy replenishment. I have it that high I never have to use my potions because it fills that fast. lol

Edited on by theblackdragon