Topic: Heroes of Ruin Discussion Thread

Showing 101 to 120 of 275

AuthorMessage

Chris720

101. Posted:

Downloading the demo now, so excited. :D

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

Geonjaha

102. Posted:

The demo only has 6 uses. Thats the lowest yet. Makes sense though - since theres even multiplayer in it. It's a dungeon crawler much like Diablo and Torchlight - it feels well put together and loot isnt so common as to be a concern. Controls are fine and graphics are really nice in some areas. The 3D adds a lot of depth and becomes a game where the amount really comes down to preference. There are 4 classes - only 2 available in the demo. 5 Quests are available as well as a main boss battle with several mini bosses. The only problems I had were some troubles connecting to local play at times, and once when I got locked in the boss room, but the boss didnt appear, and I had to reset.

I'd say it looks really good, and I'll probably get it in the future - but with many good games coming out soon I probably wont buy it on launch.

Edited on by Geonjaha

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage

steveex

103. Posted:

Just downloaded it and it only gets 6 uses.

3DS Friend Code: 1934-0644-8202

AuthorMessage

Koos

104. Posted:

Can't wait to try this demo. Finally a whole bunch of demos. Cool.

Koos

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

105. Posted:

okay i played the demo.

sadly there is no online voice chat in this demo. there is an option for it in the menu but you can not activate it.
SPOILER:
you are in a forrest-like dungeon and you can do 2 sidequests i think. i only managed to do one and it took quite a few minutes. collecting a few pieces in the dungeon and then you will get a better crafted weapon.
i couldnt get to the other sidequest cause i accidently went straight to the boss and the demo finishes when you beat the boss. (youi will get back to the main menu of the demo, not straight to the home-menu)
you can either play as a kind of gunner that deals damage from distance or a swordmaster that attacks the enemy directly. i chose the swordsman and it was typical hack'n'slash kinda gameplay. you will get 1 or 2 lvl ups within the demo so you will see what skills there are that you can learn throughout the game. B-button is for main attack and the other face buttons can have skills attached to them. like a big hit or a rush or heal or buff. you can block with holding R or roll clicking it and pick up items or interact with npc's and sourroundings with the L-button. potions are activate with the d-pad.
the enemies are nothing spectacular in this demo. some have range attacks and some dont. some attacks will slow you done or poison you. you can not just smash the B-button all the time. you actually need to roll and block from time to time which is good. i died two times but that was just because i didnt have any idea what to do. but you learn how the game works in like 5-10minutes.
some enemies drop new items. there are many even in this demo. like 20-30 different items to collect. weapons, armor, rings, necklaces. typicall rpg stuff. you can sell them immeadiatly to get coins. you can not use the coins though in this demo i think. some items even have buff-effects.
it is kinda cool to get new items and get stronger every time. you can really feel how you get a bit stronger with each new item.
SPOILER-END

overall it is what we all expected i think. no idea how many dunegons there are in this game, but i am sure there will be very much stuff to do. 4 classes to choose from in the main game, new challenges every day for one year after launch, online multiplayer, many skills to choose from, huge library of items to collect.
i will still wait for the first reviews but it seems like a very solid action rpg. right now i would give it at least an 8 out of 10, but i think the full game will get a 9/10 from me. definetly one of the better third-party games.

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Lan

106. Posted:

So is this a Diablo/Torchlight/Titan Quest style lootfest or not?

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

107. Posted:

Lan wrote:

can't judge that. never played those games but i think yes

Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

SkywardLink98

108. Posted:

Lan wrote:

In one of the walkthrough trailers they said that there was plenty o' loot in the game. There are even special rooms with nothing but gold and equipment sitting on the floor with "enough loot for 4 people".

*Opinions, views, and/or biases are all subject to change on a regular basis.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
"This is your last dance!"- Inigo

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

109. Posted:

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Lan wrote:

[/div]

In one of the walkthrough trailers they said that there was plenty o' loot in the game. There are even special rooms with nothing but gold and equipment sitting on the floor with "enough loot for 4 people".

oh yeah there is one room in the demo. found it in my second playthrough. loot everywhere!!! it was cool.

AuthorMessage

123123habbo

110. Posted:

online is amazing while single player is quite cool. One problem was the cutscene at the end, where the 3d split came really far out the screen, then split into two diffenrent images.
@6ch6ris6 where was that room i kinda want that loot too :D

My independent Teyon reviews site:
http://teyon-reviews.blogspot.co.uk/
3ds friend code: 4596-9631-2676
I play HoR, MK7 and RE;M 3d

AuthorMessage

CommanderAudio

111. Posted:

I played the demo in single-player. It was kinda boring, the enemies were harder than bosses, the game felt mindless. I was on the verge of not buying this game.

Then I played multiplayer

EVERYTHING CAME ALIVE

Suddenly, the game was much more interesting. No lag. Everyone cooperating, fighting their hearts out. There better be a lotta people on when I buy this, because this is great friends

0% by yourself. 100% with friends

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in Swapnote/Letter Box, or M-Rated Status Messages or Swapnotes.

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

112. Posted:

123123habbo wrote:

@6ch6ris6 where was that room i kinda want that loot too :D

the dungeon's layout changes everytime you play it. the room is behind some big roots which you have to destroy. like the roots you destroy at the beginning of the dungeon. look out for those roots

AuthorMessage

WispMetas

113. Posted:

If anyone wants to see how the demo is here it is:
(It is in portuguese

Part 1:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7sK-NNk4FE&feature=related
Part 2:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUJ6xZ6_xmQ&list=UUWzHPYvN...

3ds friend code - 4339 - 2952 - 2000T

AuthorMessage

Chris720

114. Posted:

It's a great game, but as PikminMonster said... you better have an internet connection, the single player is well boring. Multiplayer is where it's at, 4 players put together just absolutely destroying everything, looting the chests and then ganging up on the boss like a bunch of wolves.

Next week can't come soon enough, I'm buying this game, even if I have to sell a foot to buy it.

This thread beats all other threads
My Unfinishedloggery of Games | Google+

3DS Friend Code: 2793-0642-9960 | Nintendo Network ID: Chris720 | Twitter: Jirachi720

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

115. Posted:

i think singleplayer is cool too.

online without voicechat has been kinda dumb for me. most of the time people were running around randomly. one time i had a cool party.
online will be a blast with voice chat.

AuthorMessage

Spoony_Tech

116. Posted:

Ill get to here all the British accents!! Looking forward to that. Xenoblade has prepared me well!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

I'm finding this game way too distracting. I would much rather be playing it right now rather than working!
Words to live by!!

Formerly Tech101 and OldMan-Tech

Network ID SpoonyTech

3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: Spoony_Tech

AuthorMessage

Bankai

117. Posted:

Having played a variety of lootfests over the years (and owning Sacred 2, Dungeon Siege 3 on the PS3 and having played Diablo 3) I can say this is the weakest of them all.

It's also a multiplayer game for a console designed around portability, where you'll be without a WiFi hotspot most of the time.

It's still reasonable fun, but it's clunky, shallow (even by genre standards), and in short, not a game I would play over a PC/ Console equivalent at home.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Jono97

118. Posted:

Although this game has bad graphics, the gaming experience overcomes that. The demo is pretty fun... I'm surprised by how fun it is.

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6640-5759 | Twitter: clubmini123

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

119. Posted:

@clubmini, usually YouTube or embedded videos have very poor visual quality. Any videos you may have viewed may not be doing Heroes of Ruin's visual's any justice. I'm going to try and pre-order a copy myself, before it's released here in the United States. I'll be sure to post my 3DS friend code, as soon as my Flame Red 3DS arrives in the mail. I'm so F'ing hyped for this game.

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

Not-Another-Ad

120. Posted:

I tried the demo,and it was okay.
The game is brilliant in multi-player,but meh in single player.

PSN- Crossword-Man
Please add me as I need more friends.

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker