Forums

Topic: Help! Scatches and pits on Gold Zelda 3DS XL

Posts 1 to 10 of 10

Darknilious

From almost day one I have put my new gold Zelda 3ds xl in a clear hard case. The problem is that junk always finds a way in the small space between the case and the 3DS. I took the case off today to clean it and much to my dismay I found many small pits and some scratches. So my question to the fine people here is what is a good way to repair my system. I was thinking some touch-up paint but trying to find the right color has been difficult. Has anyone run into a similar situation or am I being overly sensitive?

Darknilious

Nintendo Network ID: Darknilious

concerndoge

My gold 3ds xl has scratches too (There's one big ugly scratch). Gold nail polish does not work. You'll get over it.

Edited on by concerndoge

SSB 3DS: 2380-5008-7036

LzWinky

Don't put it in a case

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Eel

My DSi looks horrible thanks to the (black plastic+metallic exterior) hard cases it has used during it's life. The solution? Not taking the case out! It looks great in it.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Tasuki

Well since its cosmetic it I dont think there is much to do. You could try contacting Nintendo and see what they suggest but other then that if I were you I would just stop using that case if that's what's causing the problem and just unfortunately deal with the marks.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Auksinis

some people can live with this kind of stuff, some cant. I would probably fall into the "cant" category.

Here is the correct course of action: Decide which category you belong in.

If you can get over the pits and scratches (i mean really, you arent going to fix it and make it brand new...), then just enjoy the system for what it is: a game machine. You can still play all games on it no problem.

Or the alternative is... if it does matter to you so much, and you are willing to pay to fix it... then sell your system to someone else and buy a replacement ASAP while the Zelda XL version is still available. This is probably what I would do. And at that point you take better care of it, (b/c u learned from ur mistakes and keep it in perfect shape).

My 3ds XL does not have so much as a hair on it, because i kept it immaculate? How... well easy: bought a case for it (AmazonBasics Carrying Case for Nintendo 3DS from amazon - $10)... and every time i use it i either wash my hands before that or use purell sanitizer (making sure that my hands are 100% dry before touching the device).

Either way up to you and t he lengths you want to go to regarding this.

Auksinis

GuSolarFlare

Moorpheel wrote:

To be honest, the only way to preserve a 3DS like new, is not using it at all.

or going back to time and stealing your own 3DS when it was brand new(after going to point a little further to steal your own games)

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

theblackdragon

Moorpheel wrote:

Pretty much this... wear and tear on a machine during use is unavoidable, especially if you're taking it in and out of a case all the time to clean it. If you had wanted to keep it pristine, the only way would've been to leave it in its box.

Auksinis has a sound idea IMO; if you have the available funds and still insist upon owning a perfect Zelda 3DS for your collection, buy yourself another — and this time, leave it alone. Use the one you've got now as your regular gaming 3DS, it still works fine even if its looks are no longer up to your standards, right? :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

10000mario

GuSilverFlame wrote:

Moorpheel wrote:

or going back to time and stealing your own 3DS when it was brand new(after going to point a little further to steal your own games)

don't try that! It almost never works.

10000mario

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.