Forums

Topic: Help, 3DS preowned SD Games

Posts 1 to 8 of 8

spikeymikey8

hello everyone,
i recently purchased a 3DS online and it came with Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate pre installed on an SD card and the sellers account still logged in.
my question is before i format the 3DS so that i may log in as myself, is the game Account bound to the previous owner or is it tied to the system?
will i be able to create a new account on the 3DS and still be able to play the game?

spikeymikey8

SCRAPPER392

No. Once you delete the account, everything is wiped off the system.
It's up to you whether you want to continue using that account. The only info that may still be on the system from the previous owner is credit card info if they didn't delete it, but otherwise the system is network free.

As long as you delete all the info besides the game, it should be ok. You should call Nintendo for more info. They recommend the seller to format the system before selling.

They may suggest to format the system and basically waste the Monster Hunter 3 game. Call Nintendo.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

spikeymikey8

ok, thank you for your help, i shall give them a call

spikeymikey8

DualWielding

Nintendo does not have accounts, if you change the credit card info and tie the system into your own club nintendo account, there is really no reason to format the memory

PSN: Fertheseeker

Spoony_Tech

Yeah you only need to delete the club nintendo account. What ever you do don't format that card and keep Monster Hunter!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

SCRAPPER392

Ya, I would just do what these guys suggested.

1. Unlink the Club Nintendo account if there was one.

2. Delete any personal info and replace it with your own.

I would keep the game, BTW. I just figured Nintendo would give a more official explanation.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

FishieFish

If you format the system, everything will be wiped off like factory settings but you can re-download MH3:U for free on the e-Shop.

"No one said you could touch."

theblackdragon

^ what FishieFish said, the game download (and any others the seller may have purchased, or Ambassador titles if it's an Ambassador 3DS) is tied to the eShop account on that 3DS, nothing else. It's why you don't want to trade in a 3DS against an XL or something without having done a System Transfer first, you'll lose anything you've downloaded or purchased via eShop. You may want to go ahead and format the 3DS and SD card (i think you can generate a new FC too that way? it's been a while since i've read the instruction manual lol, but i know i'd feel less weird about it if i wasn't using someone else's FC as my own haha) and then just re-download the game(s) fresh; i know that's what I'd do if I was in your shoes. :3

What you DON'T want to do is delete your eShop account. Formatting your system and deleting your eShop account are two entirely different things, so don't worry about the format messing with your ability to re-download anything that came pre-installed or that had been purchased by the seller. DO NOT delete the eShop account, and you'll be fine :3

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.