Forums

Topic: Has anyone lost interest in ACNL?

Posts 121 to 130 of 130

FishieFish

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

@Barbiegurl777, Ho-how? That's over 77 days of Animal Crossing.
I can't believe that.

@FishieFish

Way past 77 day's try month's.

Untitled

Untitled

@Bezerker99

Sure your welcome any time to my town.

Also i hope this help's but I caught the morning early in the morning around 8 or 9 am hope that's helpful on your hunt to catch the spider. I honestly wasn't even looking for him.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

I'm pretty sure I'd be bored of it after the 200th hour or so..
Did you leave it on overnight or something?

"No one said you could touch."

6ch6ris6

im over 300hours now. game still keeps my busy. it's amazing

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

FishieFish

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

FishieFish wrote:

@Barbiegurl777, Ho-how? That's over 77 days of Animal Crossing.
I can't believe that.

@FishieFish

Way past 77 day's try month's.

Untitled

Untitled

@Bezerker99

Sure your welcome any time to my town.

Also i hope this help's but I caught the morning early in the morning around 8 or 9 am hope that's helpful on your hunt to catch the spider. I honestly wasn't even looking for him.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

I'm pretty sure I'd be bored of it after the 200th hour or so..
Did you leave it on overnight or something?

No I play it every day plus still trying to earn badges in the game as well. If you think that's bad for ACNL you should see how many hours I have in Imagine Babyz - 3DS & Style Savvy - 3DS lol.

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

How many hours do you have in the two other games?

"No one said you could touch."

gamebox2d

I got bored pretty quicky. If only there were more jobs. I'm thinking gardening, delivering papers, cooking food etc.

All I seem to do is collect fossils these days. And Nook hasn't been paid for ages. Surely the bailiffs will be knocking soon?

gamebox2d

6ch6ris6

gamebox2d wrote:

I got bored pretty quicky. If only there were more jobs. I'm thinking gardening, delivering papers, cooking food etc.

All I seem to do is collect fossils these days. And Nook hasn't been paid for ages. Surely the bailiffs will be knocking soon?

what about your town? did you run out of ideas how to make it look? that's what keeps me playing. trying to make my town look the way i want it to look

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Drawdler

I just did a massive overhaul to some of my house's rooms today, and when I jump back online I think the hunt for the rest of the items I want will keep me going. Also, I still haven't finished decorating my town- not at all- and I'm still planning to continue rearranging my rooms' layouts a bit. Lately I've been spending most of my time on the game designing my house, which is something I hardly did before. It's actually a lot more fun to do it than I imagined, if you try arranging items cleverly and getting creative with your rooms' themes instead of just tossing sets together.

Here are things I like to keep in mind when I'm designing my rooms.

Item size and colour. Firstly, I find item colour is important. If you become really good with item colour, you could potentially put all kinds of items together. You can fit items with items of other sets, and use wallpaper and flooring from other sets, which gives you a greater variety of tools to use for designing your room, which you can use to make them more unique and interesting. When I start designing a room, after thinking about what theme and mood I want the room to have, I think about items which I could use for that, then I think about what main colour/s the items I'd like to use have. I also think about what other items have similar colours, and if I could integrate them to the room in any way or build the theme around any of the items I've thought of. One thing I like to do is try to make sections of my rooms have different shades of the colour I'm using for the room, and then put furniture of different shades between those sections so that the colour "fades" across sections of the room and I can use items of different shades which I'd like in the room.
For selecting wallpaper and flooring I think about how I've arranged the item colour in the room and what the theme of the room is and then think about which wallpaper and flooring will look best with that.

And item size is important to consider so that your items don't look weird next to eachother. I'd say that colour is much more important and you can get away with this sometimes but still, some items can look jarring near eachother just because of the shape or size, and if you avoid that the arrangement of your items will "flow" together better. Today, I tried putting a CD shelf between a pinball machine and tabletop game, and those items were fairly wide while the CD shelf was a lot slimmer which made it look uneven.
And speaking of space between items, I think it's a good idea to leave space between items sometimes as well, and not fill in every gap just for the sake of it. If you try to put too much in a room it can feel a bit cramped. But still, if you wanna put some item in, try to figure out some way to do it! Plus, leaving too much space with nothing in it usually isn't good either! But like item size/shape you can get away with this sometimes. I mean, you can get away with all this stuff- but I think your rooms can look better if you keep this stuff in mind...

For choosing the song in my rooms, I literally just pick whatever I think sounds coolest for the room and sets the mood of the room best. I'll try to think about which song I'll use when I'm thinking up a room's theme or designing it, because I feel that helps me create the room's mood better, but there are plenty of songs so I don't think this is too hard. I can usually find something which I think works well enough.

I also use google searches as a resource to look for room ideas people had for rooms similar to mine, for example recently I was designing a bath room and did a google search to see what ideas people had for theirs, and then I think about wether ideas or any items they had could be used or tweaked in any way to fit in my room. This also helps me find new items. If you want to make your rooms more unique you can also do this to see what ideas are most popular and then just try doing something totally different with the theme.

Animal Crossing Wiki is another good resource because you can quickly find item series lists and such there, which is incredibly helpful. (Basically, any item list with pictures is really helpful, but I think the Wiki is most useful because since I'm looking at item sets/series on the pages I can see a bunch of items that look similar.)

I hope someone can get use out of these tips. Probably not the best-written, and I'm not claiming to be some master interior designer, but if you think about these things when designing your rooms I think it becomes a lot more fun.
It's probably not interesting for everyone, but personally I think it is, because it makes designing a lot more challenging and gives it more variety and it just feels more rewarding to come up with something like this. Before I would just look for item series which I thought looked cool and collect them, which honestly, I didn't find that fun to do. I mean, the collecting was fun, but I didn't find designing that way to be much fun. Just do what you find fun! I'm putting this out here in the hope someone finds it interesting and fun.

P.S. I actually found this blog today, and I'm sure I'll be using it for inspiration a lot in the future... http://acnl-decor.tumblr.com/

Edited on by Drawdler

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

bezerker99

Here's what I've been doing lately in ACNL.

I've been trying to get the gold badge for bug collectin' (that's catch 5,000 bugs, btw) and during the cold, winter months the best place to find bugs is the island!

So, I've been going there and renting out the bug net. It's nice because there's a lot of different bugs and insects on the island to catch!! But only a select few of them will sell well and gain you a lot of bells.

Then it hit me what I should be doing!

Go to Leila and sell her all the bugs/insects that aren't worth that much (ie: grasshoppers, long locusts, fruit beetle, tiger beetle, hermit crab). Sure, she won't give you a lot of bells for them, but the main thing here is to get rid of them and free up your inventory.
Untitled
The bugs you want to keep are your stags and goliath beetles and all those bugs that sell for a lotta bells! Take them to the basket that sends stuff back to the island.

Rinse/repeat.

Doing this eventually fills up that basket with bugs that are worth a lot of bells when I bring them back to the mainland!!
I'm also catching a lot of insects and closing the gap on getting that gold bug collectin' badge!!!

To summarize: Just sell those bugs that aren't worth squat to Leila, keep the expensive bugs, and you'll end up staying on the island much longer. trips to the mainland are time consuming, despite being able to skip Kap'ns songs. And, when u do return to the mainland, you'll actually make lots of bells rather than something that's laughable.

Edited on by bezerker99

6ch6ris6

@bezerker99 people have been doing that for months. glad you finally realized how to make money in ac:nl

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Blast

@bezerker99 That's the golden formula that helps AND ruins this game at the same time.
A guy can get freaking tired of rinsing and repeating the same action OVER and OVER.

I own a Wii U and 3DS. I also own a PS4!

Master of the Hype Train

3DS Friend Code: 2921-9690-6053 | Nintendo Network ID: Mediking9

6ch6ris6

@Blast
well i stopped doing that long ago. i still make enough money by just selling a few stacks of my perfect cherries in other towns. also you get like 16,000 bells everyday for hitting that one rock in your town. fossiles bring around the same, although i havent found more than one fossile a day the last weeks (but that's okay cause i have everything donated).

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.