Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

Posts 241 to 260 of 279

Eel

That's a lot of floor tiles.

I'll get back to this game soon. I'm back from vacation so I should have more time for harvest Moon, as odd as that might sound.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Freelance

So you just came back from vacation in order to break your back farming and digging up soil and rocks. That makes perfect sense.

Freelance

ollietaro

I just bought this game half price and I can't wait to customize the valley to my liking just like Freelance!

ollietaro

Eel

Haha, I guess it's better if we talk about this one here.

I actually started a new file I'm this one to play the story again while I waited for STV. It's in the second slot of course, I'd hate to lose my 2-year-old file (real years).

I kind of went crazy with the goddess mountain in this one. I just kind of made it melt.

Untitled

Untitled

I have to admit I kinda love the way the barn looks slotted into the slope.

Bloop.

Freelance

ollietaro wrote:

I just bought this game half price and I can't wait to customize the valley to my liking just like Freelance!

Aww, thanks! Show us pics of what you make! Sadly, I have been neglecting Skytree Village lately to play Pokémon

Freelance

ollietaro

@Freelance I will definitely post pics and I'll have lotsa time as the school term is just ending for the year. Son, there will be a time when you will neglect Pokemon for Skytree Village LOL It's okay to neglect it now b/c it will prob. get a patch and upcoming DLC while you are "neglecting" it. When you return to it, it will be a better experience.

Edited on by ollietaro

ollietaro

ollietaro

@Meowpheel As I look at your photos, I think: What did you do? You effed up the whole mountain! (In a good way lol) Is that ice or waterfalls in the 2nd pic? That's gorgeous! It looks way easier to get to the Harvest Goddess compared to my currently virtually untouched mountain (for now hehe..). Question: Can you regrow softwood and hardwood trees once you axe 'em or are they gone forever?

ollietaro

Eel

I made it kind of... "Melt"? Ya know, like, I left some space at the top and then every other level is 1-block wide until it ends at the area near the entrance. It's like a nice mountain of sand.

I'll go get a better picture of the whole thing.

That's water, I made it fall down so I could make a small lake next to the mountain.

Trees (and eventually rocks) spawn naturally with time, but you can also plant them yourself (Sam sells saplings).

Edit:

Untitled

The other half of the mountain will get the same treatment when I get the better axe.

Edit 2: now that I opened the game, here's a pic of the same location in my main file:

Untitled

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ollietaro

@Meowpheel Agreed. Your mountains look magnificent. I want to create at least three different fields at low, mid, and high altitudes in order to accommodate all crops. Would you recommend this? Is there as much customizable space in Skytree Village as in TLV?

ollietaro

Eel

@Freelance you should share yours too!

@ollietaro haha thanks, I think the farm is the same size in both games. However, in STV you unlock the land bit by bit, and most of what is close to your house is hard stone anyway.

While in TLV you can start terraforming a good chunk of land right away with little stopping you... In STV you won't be able to do much until after a season or two.

And then there's the permanent Skytree shrines taking space. You need to work around them. Unlike in TLV, where the whole farm is free to use.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Kristaok

That's a beautiful farm / land, to be quite honest I haven't played TLV in a while, I did beat the main storyline in it however and in SV.

Kristaok

ollietaro

I've unlocked Spring, and now I need a Marguerite for Tabitha's Magic Fertilizer to grow the Skytree and unlock Summer. I think I viewed the first waifu event for the rich brat, Catherine. I wanna marry Tony, though, he's so sweet.

ollietaro

ollietaro

@Meowpheel Thank you. I've finally got that dag-blasted hammer. It's weird to me how you can only dig up Stone but you can't fill with it so I just end up with a lot of stone.

ollietaro

Eel

@ollietaro oh did you get Skytree Village too?

Yeah, I'd love being able to put stone back... Btw, there's currently a glitch where if you have your inventory and storage full of stone, any stone you dig down will appear again the next day.

I'd recommend refining your stones into stone material as often as you can, they'll be useful for making floor tiles. And you can sell the extras if you run out of space for those too.

Natsume's community manager said they're already rounding up all the glitches and annoyances, and are working on a patch.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

ollietaro

@Meowpheel No, I didn't get Skytree Village yet. Are floor tiles used outdoors? What purpose do they serve?

As anticipated, I will most likely purchase Skytree Village after a patch has been released for it AND at a reduced price (two birds with one stone). I'm perfectly content waiting for that as I am currently playing The Lost Valley and unlocking Fall. I want to get through the story so I can focus on unlocking mutation seeds and customizing the land. How is the story in Skytree compared to The Lost Valley?

ollietaro

Eel

Oh wow for a moment I derped and totally though this was the SV thread. Oops.

Floor tiles are items you can use to make the floor look different.

They come with the added bonus of making the entire pillar look like stone. And they prevent stones and trees from spawning in that square, and block water.

The story is rather similarly paced, just with more focus on the villagers.

Bloop.

Freelance

Floor tiles make your valley prettier! You can use them to make paths if you want, and like Meowpheel said, they stop trees and stones from spawning.

Freelance

ollietaro

Good stuff. The valley is essentially the same in both games, right?

ollietaro

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.