Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

Posts 221 to 240 of 279

Freelance

OK I bought the dog theme and the guy DLC. I will get the cow theme some other time. I think I'm just about done terraforming the valley. There's little space left that I -haven't- terraformed anymore, and I'm happy with what I've done with it. I just need materials now to make the fences and stuff, but that obviously won't take that much work compared to terraforming, so I can start farming again, taking care of my animals (they don't mind living in my pocket) and talking to random people again.

Freelance

Eel

Nice! I recommend doing requests for Brutus, he actually ends up giving you recipes for floor tiles.

And the floor tiles change all the ground under them to stone, so I assume you'd like to use them for your castle walls.

As for fences, I actually recommend using the DLC walls instead, they're much more reasonable with the materials they require.

About the themes, you already knew, but I got the bundle. It's really nice.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Freelance

I got some floor tiles already but I don't think I've unlocked them all yet. Does the tiles change the entire column to stone or just the stone that the tile is on? If it's the entire column, then I can actually make a totally stone wall and castle.

Freelance

Eel

It's the entire column. I have about 4 tiles unlocked.

Too bad there really seems to be no way to build with actual stone material.

Bloop.

Freelance

I added another waterfall to my fishing hole. You can see it in this angle.

Untitled

I'm already stockpiling on grey stone paths so I can make my castle and walls stone. Will post WIP pics along the way.

Freelance

Eel

I have been working on getting floor tiles too. It's a bit slow since only I get about 20 tiles in a good week.

Still, I prefer it like that for some reason

Bloop.

Freelance

I wish there wasn't a 99 limit in your knapsack. Going back and forth between Moon Valley and your house takes too much time and you can only manage 2-3 trips before Doc/Brutus closes up shop, and you only get like 14-20 tiles which is far too little for my project. Right now I'm sadly very short on funds right now (I barely have enough to feed my livestock), so I have to stop my project for a bit to get more money rolling in first. It's a good thing mining is a huge money maker, except I can't mine every day so that's a bummer too. Maybe I should place tiles everywhere in the valley (well not EVERYWHERE, but mostly) so I can stop those trees/rocks spawning >_> I am going to make footpaths to various locations though, with the yellow brick tile.

BTW, it's a good thing I got the Luke DLC, 'cause I think I may end up marrying him. Unlike the other guys, he isn't a hick (nothing against hicks, BTW. I just don't like the way they talk), doesn't rhyme all the time (oh crap, I just rhymed!), and doesn't look like a kid (even though he's supposed to be the same age as the other guys). In fact, he looks and acts entirely normal (for me) which is great.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

Oh yeah, I plan to make some paths too (those darn trees keep spawning in the way to Moon Valley), and I think it will take some months to do all the tiles I need.

It would be nice if we could use the materials straight from our storage... But oh well...

Bloop.

Freelance

Here's a WIP of my latest project so far. I'm doing all the narrow pathways first so rocks can't spawn on them and block the way to mines and stuff. The path shown in the screenshot is the ONLY way to get to the top of the west and south wall so I did that first thing.

Untitled

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

I do hate it when rocks spawn in my 1-block stairs >_>

That tile actually looks pretty nice as a replacement for natural rock.

Bloop.

Freelance

Yeah it does look pretty nice, doesn't it? Unfortunately, I have LOTS of places in the valley that have only 1 block access to them; all the mines save one, the paths leading to the top of the 7 towers (3 on the wall, 4 on the castle), and the alternate path up to the HG Spring. Amazingly, I had a rock spawn on these 'stairs' only once so far, but I'm taking no chances.

Freelance

Eel

I guess rocks prefer to spawn in the larger spaces whenever possible, I have had my stairs blocked only a few times too. It's still annoying when it happens

I really want to open this game and steal your castle for my valley (I flattened Gorgan's desert and it looks too... Flat)... But Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has been getting in the way D:

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Freelance

Yeah, why bother labouring over hard work over many days/months/seasons to erect a castle when you could have fun exploring dungeons for cool loot instead? I'd rather do that too, to be honest, but then after I had finished my work, I was proud over what I have accomplished. If only other people could visit my valley and see it. That is something that future games should have.

Freelance

Eel

The game has been updated to version 1.1.

It should fix several crashing bugs and "improve" the harvest sprites.

Natsume will post more information later.

Bloop.

Freelance

If the patch can fix the freezing, then it'd be awesome. I wonder if 'improving' the sprites means their relationship bar will go up faster when you talk to them. I haven't been playing lately to work on my project. Sorry. I have lots of other stuff to do and it's hard to find a couple free hours to work on my wall.

OK here is the patch notes:

Improved Harvest Sprites~ Earn friendship faster, and watch them do way more work!
Improved Watering Can: 50 wasn't enough, so now it holds 200!
Change in dog's behavior: Some of Fido's naughty habits have been minimized!
Minor tweaks to code that should improve gameplay!

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Freelance

The water upgrades (200 and Dewy) sound awesome and should make watering less tedious. I hope they release more patches in the future!

Freelance

Freelance

OMG someone that's not Morpheel and myself has posted in here!! It's a miracle!

BTW I've finished the steps to the north end of the wall.

Freelance

Eel

Haha xD

I totally recommend updating the game, not only is the harvest sprite much better at his job, he grows faster too.

And, while not much else changed, the watering cans capacity has been upgraded so even watering things yourself should be a bit faster.

Bloop.

Freelance

Okay after a long hiatus, I began working on my big project. Here's my WIP:

Untitled

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.