Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley

Posts 181 to 200 of 279

Pokefanmum82

The bard Gilbert has them and will give them to you after you get this special flower. You need to talk to Hunter who will show you where the flowers grow. Give the flower to Gilbert and you get the seeds.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowserโ€™s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Freelance

Phase 1 of my project is complete! Behold the massive walls of an abandoned town/castle/whatever. Whoever built the walls in the old old old days thought they'd save money/time/manpower if they built it with dirt instead of stone. After it was finished, they soon realized that it was a horrible idea, and that is why they abandoned it. They left to build a new fortress somewhere else, but again had the brilliant idea of building it with straw instead of stone...until invading armies came with fire arrows. Everyone perished. THE END.

I'm going to build something else in the center. It is phase 2 of my project, from the SW and NE towers:

Untitled
Untitled

The stairs to get up to the west wall snakes along the wall perimeter:

Untitled

The east wall has crumbled, and southeast tower has been completely destroyed, left as a reminder that making walls with dirt is a horrible, horrible idea.

Untitled

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

YvoCaro

Well, I've been playing steadily now for a week, and I'm enjoying the game much more then I thought! It's indeed a slow starter, but I love the graphics, the landscaping and how the game keeps introducing new things. I'm still not out of the snow, but that's alright. I've unlocked spring at least, lol!

It's not just young people that play videogames! ๐Ÿ˜„ Check out my gaming blog at www.ladiesgamers.com.

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0141-3894

Freelance

Not surprising, since it's from a family friendly gaming website.

Freelance

YvoCaro

How strangely some people look at a game like this! I can understand when it's not for you, but they drag some things into it that seem very strange to me!

It's not just young people that play videogames! ๐Ÿ˜„ Check out my gaming blog at www.ladiesgamers.com.

Eel

The very first pair of DLC for this game is finally available right now and they're free.

It's two separate packs of new clothes (and one has a set of new hairstyles) for the characters.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Eel

It seems the next batch of free DLC is up, and it involves new things to build and decorate the valley with.

Edit: the items are:

Harvest Sprite Flowerbed and Harvest Goddess Pergola (several colors) in one pack and eight types of walls/fences in the other.

You get some free samples after downloading the dlc, extras can be made by Doc.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Freelance

I never knew there was new DLC today, and I was actually wanting more things to decorate my valley with. Thanks!

Freelance

Eel

The third batch of DLC is available right now and it includes several new seeds and recipes.

It will be free until mid May, then it will cost 99 cents.

They also hint that the next pack, in June, will be love-related.

Edit: they're divided into two packs, the first one has basil seeds, soy bean seeds, cacao sprouts and olive sprouts, along with recipes that use those ingredients. The second pack has moondrop seeds and blue mist seeds.

Obviously the first pack would be the one worth buying after they're priced, but hey free.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Freelance

Yay for new packs :3

I also thought I had posted updated pics of my valley here, but it looks like I haven't after all. Here's what happened after my last set of screens:

On Christmas Eve, 2014 (not long after my last set of pics), my 3DS was stolen from me in my own apartment (in the lobby, not my actual apt) and I had lost my SD card (obviously), my special Digimon strap (was imported so that was a blow), Tomodachi Life (it was in the slot), and also my case for the handheld. It sucks because stores don't sell cases anymore for it.
I didn't get another 3DS 'til February, so I couldn't update my valley in between.

This is some of what I've done when I got my 'new' (it's actually used) 3DS. I also made a new orchard (which I will chop down the trees later so I can plant the NEW trees from the latest DLC pack) in front of Moon Valley but I didn't take pics of it. I added some bridges around the valley too.

Remember that waterfall I made to the east (around the corner) of the Harvest Goddess' cave? Well I extended it greatly so now it's in front of the cave too. You can see my first orchard as well in the shot:

Untitled

You can see stepping stones on the waterfall to get up to the top. I now have two ways to get up there.

Remember that massive wall surrounding a body of water that I posted pics of in my last pic post? Well I erected a castle in that body of water, with 4 towers (all with stairs you can climb to the top) and space in the middle for crops:

Untitled

The inside of the 'castle.' It has a fence surrounding it, although I haven't finished that yet:

Untitled

I'm still deciding what to do with the area on the mountain though (west of H.G.'s cave). Another waterfall there would be awesome, and it can feed the fishing hole I made at the NW corner of the map. I have so much water now in my valley that I can fish literally anywhere.

Edited on by Freelance

Freelance

Eel

My valley is largely unchanged, though I flattened the "desert" and I'm working on making easy access points for the the mines and underworld (Though the idea of destroying the natural rock knowing I will never be able to replace it is a bit sad).

Maybe I'll steal your castle and put it in that big deserted area!

Bloop.

Freelance

You can use my crummy castle design if you want.

I'm thinking of running water from my waterfall to the SE of the map and, if possible, find a way to create a waterfall running down to reach the water (where my wall and castle is). It's either that or make a waterfall over my crappy swamp. The more water the better I say. Wherever I go, I will be able to hear running water

Freelance

YvoCaro

I'm still stuck in the game trying to please the Autumn king. I've reached him, did what he asked me to do and now I've gotten multiple new tasks...so I've let it rest for a while. But seeing your pictures Donjwolf makes me long for my own valley!

Freelance

Thanks, YvoCaro.

So last night I attempted to do what I've mentioned in my last post. Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible at all to make a waterfall where my wall and castle is. I did however created waterfalls where my marsh is. Two waterfalls in fact. They're small though and not very impressive compared to the main falls. I'm still not liking my swamp though. I want to do something else with it, but keep the waterfalls.

Freelance

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.