Forums

Topic: Harvest Moon 3D A New Beginning

Posts 161 to 180 of 234

Arianabtd

Ark_Sin wrote:

@Konata I need animal medicine NOW!!! My chickens are dying and stuff. I'll need like 4 bottles

I've almost totally forgotten about this game again x3.
Let me check what I have okay? Gimmie some time xD.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Eel

I downloaded Tale of Two Towns and wow, this game takes several mechanics from it, jumping, item spots, red mushrooms.
It even uses some of the same songs!

It's kinda interesting.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GuardianKing

Morphtorok wrote:

I downloaded Tale of Two Towns and wow, this game takes several mechanics from it, jumping, item spots, red mushrooms.
It even uses some of the same songs!

It's kinda interesting.

I heard Tale of Two Towns was pretty horrible. Can you give us your impressions on the game?

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Eel

Well, according to my activity log, I played 5 hours yesterday (!)... Which in in-game time was about half a month.

It's pretty nice, as I said it feels a lot like A New Beginning but it's 2D and it's faster.

You get to choose where to live and both farms have their own quirks (Bluebell's is animal-centric while Konohana's has more space for plants), even both towns feel very different (they even have their own town-specific festivals). Something I really like about this one is that characters have actual schedules, so instead of them just appearing on random places at random when you randomly change the screen, you can actually see them moving from place to place like in old Harvest Moons.

The mountain is a pretty big open space where you can find random items, catch bugs and even fish with your hands, which is quite nice, and then there's requests, both towns have their own request board in front of their city halls where their inhabitants post requests every now and then, most of them just want normal items, but several requests are also important... Several important items (like the hammer and other stuff) require you to complete a request.

Space seems to be an issue though, you can't mix items with different star rates, so that means you'll end up with several stacks for the same item, and your storage space is limited... A nice thing is that you can carry around your extended storage with you in the form of a horse with a wagon, and that's freaking adorable if you ask me.

I heard the 3DS version of the game suffered from severe lag and constant freezes, but I haven't encountered any of these issues yet. I hope it remains like that.

About things in common with ANB: Item spots, jumping with B, pets that help with animals, animal productivity, animal treats, winter crops, watering crops twice a day, event music, mine music, using A to use tools, pressing R to show you your tools, etc, etc, etc.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Arianabtd

@Ark_Sin
I'm having lots of trouble getting more medicine, as I only have one bottle and every week day has been rainy!
I would ask the Harvest moon: a new beginning google+ community.
They are all really generous, and I've received loads of help from them.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

Eel

Oh hah, and I haven't bought any animal medicine in forever.

I'll try to get some for you.

Edit: Got some! If you still want them, add me and tell me.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Thanks, I don't play that much, I'm almost at the second year (only 3 days left!).

Just remember to give your animals the proper care (feed them, brush them, talk to them), give them treats (a mixture of both normal treats and animal-specific treats will make them increase their production [example: 2 milks instead of 1 every time you milk them]) and buy pets... Pets can be used to move livestock automatically, they're very useful!

Bloop.

GuardianKing

Morphtorok wrote:

Thanks, I don't play that much, I'm almost at the second year (only 3 days left!).

Just remember to give your animals the proper care (feed them, brush them, talk to them), give them treats (a mixture of both normal treats and animal-specific treats will make them increase their production [example: 2 milks instead of 1 every time you milk them]) and buy pets... Pets can be used to move livestock automatically, they're very useful!

I'll get a dog real soon :3

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

TsunamiSensei

Do any of you have some spare moondrop flowers? I need them for the town restoration stuff, but I'm stuck in the middle of winter.

"Books are the real treasures of the world!"
-Skeletor

3DS Friend Code: 5155-2977-9232 | Nintendo Network ID: Popo_man

TsunamiSensei

@Ark_sin How many do you have?

-Skeletor

TsunamiSensei

I think 12...

-Skeletor

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.