Forums

Topic: Golden Sun: Dark Dawn should be for the 3DS.

Posts 21 to 36 of 36

theblackdragon

the release of Okamiden isn't so dumb when you realize that it's been out in Japan for quite a while already. They're not going to give Japan a DS version and the west a 3DS version; we're lucky we're getting it at all. also, some games have been in development for far too long to just up and switch gears like that, y'know -- the 3DS was probably announced just as Okamiden began pre-release lotchecking and whatnot.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

LzWinky

Oregano wrote:

The game is coming out a couple of months before the release of the 3DS and is close to a simultaneous launch. Camelot like finished the main design quite a while a go and it wouldn't be a good idea to then nearly entirely remake the game(with a higher budget as well) for the new system, you best you could hope for is a smoother version of the game but it'd still look crappy compared to the other games. It makes much more sense to release it on the DS(it's finished) and it's a nice finish to an awesome system.

The real dumb release is Okamiden which is coming a week before the rumoured 3DS date. Silliness that.

Well I they were too far in development to simply improve the game for the 3DS

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

RoyalBlur

theblackdragon wrote:

the release of Okamiden isn't so dumb when you realize that it's been out in Japan for quite a while already. They're not going to give Japan a DS version and the west a 3DS version; we're lucky we're getting it at all. also, some games have been in development for far too long to just up and switch gears like that, y'know -- the 3DS was probably announced just as Okamiden began pre-release lotchecking and whatnot.

Well you have a wonderful point there blackdragon. I'm happy to see that some games do make it to the western hemisphere (i.e. The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy III DS) but some games that I really want to play like Maple Story DS and Final Fantasy Legend II/SaGa 2 fail to make it to the US and the UK. Why is that?

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

FonistofCruxis

theblackdragon wrote:

gatygun wrote:

its only a los for the company itself. The game looks like dog crap just as 99% of all the other DS games. Floating pixels everywhere. Its just a river ( not even a ocean ) just a river of floating pixels.

clearly someone hasn't even touched the game yet. it looks excellent IMO, and I haven't seen any floating pixels at all.

totally seconding lz's nomination of post for Hall of Fame status. Motion passed.

I agree, GS:DD has great graphics for the DS.

Oregano

What I meant is that Okamiden shouldn't have been localised quicker:P like Square Enix is doing with Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded. They intelligently made sure that the game will have some time to sell before the 3DS comes.

Please sign the petition to get Nintendo to integrate Social Features directly in the Switch OS/Hardware:
https://www.change.org/p/nintendo-integrated-network-features-on-nintendo-switch-voice-chat-lobby

CanisWolfred

TokyoRed wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Well you have a wonderful point there blackdragon. I'm happy to see that some games do make it to the western hemisphere (i.e. The World Ends With You, Final Fantasy III DS) but some games that I really want to play like Maple Story DS and Final Fantasy Legend II/SaGa 2 fail to make it to the US and the UK. Why is that?

Localization takes a lot of time and costs money. If it's not a sure sell, it could just be a waste.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

gatygun

theblackdragon wrote:

i wouldn't be suprised myself. If those company's actually had contracts with nintendo. Same goes for golden sun.
They simple cant shift towards the 3DS with those game francises. If i was nintendo i wouldn't want them too. It instantly makes the handheld dead for the constumer.

If i just had to release a game like golden sun which was what? 7 years in development "the entire ds lifespan" i would shift directly, even while the game is almost completed > towards the 3DS.

DS devices will be gone from stores in 1 year, and the games will simple follow probably a half year later like usual in local stores.

Not only would golden sun be a top title directly "for next year christmas" ( even while it doesn't make full use of the 3DS just yet ) but the game has a overal better lifespan itself.

Still alot of people bought a DSI XL, and simple want to keep playing with the device for a while. Even when the 3DS gets released.

gatygun

theblackdragon

gatygun wrote:

DS devices will be gone from stores in 1 year, and the games will simple follow probably a half year later like usual in local stores.

not really... consider the example of the PS2. with the 3DS able to play DS games, there's no telling how long they'll keep making them after the 3DS hits.

BEST THREAD EVER

HolyMackerel

Life is just a river, just a river of floating pixels.

TokyoRed wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Because no publisher in the west will bring them here. Most likely they don't think it will sell enough to make profits or break even. They need to at least cover the costs of localisation, manufacturing, distribution and marketing. That's the only reason.

That is also why I love Atlus and the late Working Designs, who took risks translating and promoting highly niche Japanese games for the west.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

kkslider5552000

HolyMackerel wrote:

Life is just a river, just a river of floating pixels.

TokyoRed wrote:

theblackdragon wrote:

Because no publisher in the west will bring them here. Most likely they don't think it will sell enough to make profits or break even. They need to at least cover the costs of localisation, manufacturing, distribution and marketing. That's the only reason.

That is also why I love Atlus and the late Working Designs, who took risks translating and promoting highly niche Japanese games for the west.

XSeed too.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

gatygun

theblackdragon wrote:

gatygun wrote:

not really... consider the example of the PS2. with the 3DS able to play DS games, there's no telling how long they'll keep making them after the 3DS hits.

The reason why the ps2 is available still, is because people had tons of ps2 games. and the ps3 isn't backward compatible. Something that nintendo product is.
The people that bough the playstation 2, simple didn't wanted to ditch all those top titles like kingdom hearts 1 and 2 or final fantasy 10. There ps2's break down after a while or get lost or whatever. and they still need new consoles to simple play them.

the 3DS is backward compatible, so therefor they dont need to have a DS in order to play there 40 DS games.

Besides that, we are talking about handhelds not consoles.

The 3DS replaces the DS, while the psp2 isn't replacing the psp1. Why did you think that sony started with those software based psp1 all of the sudden?

This provides for them a software solution backward compatible solution.
But the device simple didn't sold, now sony got the same issue with the psp2 as with the ps3 if it comes to backward compathible solutions.

Therefor people with tons of games for the psp1 will simple need to buy the psp1 again when it breaks down, while with the 3DS its a entire different story.

Therefor comparing the DS with the playstation 2 = not a good comparison.
You really should look at it as any other successor of any of the handheld products from nintendo.

Ontop of that, the graphical quality of games are now fairly good looking on the 3DS ( atleast way better then we are used to for handhelds ) but within 1 year, people are not even used anymore to anything less. specailly with ios devices graphical quality on top of that. The DS will simple look after a year of the 3DS release, as a gb looked like compared towards the DS.

The DS will get phased out a soon as a new 3DS model appears. Or after 1 year into the 3DS lifespan. it's always been like that. And the DS will follow.

Edited on by gatygun

gatygun

GameInfinite

Winslow wrote:

One of the main selling points of the original Golden Sun was it's graphics. That game was ahead of it's time. The new one looks fairly dated, and isn't nearly impressive. I'm not saying graphics are the only thing that matter in a game, so hear me out;

Golden Sun was one of the first RPG's on the Game Boy Advance. Don't you think it would be appropriate to make it a launch game for the 3DS? It would be a blueprint for all of the 3DS's RPGs. On the DS, to an average gamer, a generic RPG. games.
I'm sure the game will be great; I loved the first two, but still...

3DS is backwards- compatible with DSi and DS games. So that's the answer for your question.

Edited on by GameInfinite

Unlocked everything for Smash 3DS!
NNID:CokeAlign
N3DS FC- 4313-2337-0977

theblackdragon

gatygun wrote:

vaguely comprehensible wall of text

look, all's i'm sayin' is that they're still producing PS2 games, so there's no telling how long devs will stick by the DS format. plus, if people don't take to the 3D gimmick and demand for the DS/i is still there, Nintendo will continue to provide the consoles too, plain and simple. there's also the as-yet-unrevealed price point to be considered; if they continue to produce some DS games, they can continue to market the DS/i as a budget system in comparison to the 3DS.

I'd also like to mention that the more advanced these handheld consoles get, the less durable they seem to be. My old gray-brick GB went through more torture than I'd like to admit and ran like a champ up until the point i lost the thing, whereas my DS had a cracked hinge, I've had to send my DSi in for replacement, and there's hordes of users complaining about broken L/R buttons all over the place. If the 3DS turns out to be even less durable than the DS/i, replacement systems for users just wanting to play their old DS games could also be the PS2 of the handheld world, so to speak.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER

Knux

Contrary to what people actually say, Golden Sun:Dark Dawn's graphics are actually pretty good. There are a ton of 3D DS games I played where the 3D graphics are meh [FFIV DS for example], but Dark Dawn's 3D graphics are actually appealing. With that said, I can see a Golden Sun IV happening on the 3DS in the future. But I can wait for Golden Sun IV because I still need to buy and play Golden Sun I and The Lost Age after I complete Dark Dawn.

Knux

WAM

Golden Sun came out like what a month or two ago? No point in remaking a 3 month old game

WAM

theblackdragon

the sequel will probably be for 3DS, i'd imagine... and yes, they make it pretty damn obvious there's gonna be some kind of sequel. there's no way they'd let it end like that, lol.

BEST THREAD EVER

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.