Forums

Topic: Gametrailers corners Super Smash 3DS with a 7.4/10 rating.

Posts 41 to 49 of 49

Ralizah

As fun as the game is, it definitely has some issues, particularly with online multiplayer, although 7.4/10 seems a bit harsh. Most of the minigames are complete wastes of time, too. Good thing the core game is so strong.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kyuubikid213

7.4/10? I don't know. I think Smash Bros deserves a higher score than that...

Sure, it's not everything Brawl was, but it is on the 3DS, a handheld system. Hell, even the PSVita can't handle the home console ports it gets and it's SUPPOSED to be just about on par with the home consoles.

I think Smash Bros on 3DS deserves at most an 8.5, There are some issues here and there, but none of those issues detract from the overall game. Yeah, there's no Subspace, but a lot of fighters lately (that I've played) don't have a campaign and they even give you the game with all fighters and stages unlocked (Super Street Fighter IV 3D and Tekken 3D Prime Edition). I've personally experienced some lag with online, but it's nowhere near as bad as Brawl's lag. Framerate drops are nonexistent in local or single play.The controls are actually the same as they've always been, just the controller's a bit different. Then again, the complaints in the controls department comes from the GameCube Controller crowd that believes Smash Bros isn't Smash Bros if it can't be played with a GameCube Controller.

In short, I love Smash Bros. on 3DS and feel 7.4 is a low score.

I own a PS1, GBA, GBA SP, Wii (GCN), 360, 3DS, PC (Laptop), Wii U, and PS4.
I used to own a GBC, PS2, and DS Lite

I'm on YouTube.

I promise to not derail threads. Request from theblackdragon

I pro...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9073-1731 | Nintendo Network ID: kyuubikid213

BearHunger

The only reason anyone rates anything 7.4 is so that it just manages to be in the yellow on Metacritic.

(No comment on the review though.)

BearHunger

Nintendo Network ID: Bear_Hunger

larry_koopa

Here's an idea. Maybe stop complaining about every single review score that isn't 9 or above. As long as you enjoy the game than who cares what some game site or anybody else thinks of it?

Or try this. If the local multi-player in a multi-player title doesn't work all that well, maybe a score of 7.4 is justified?

Edited on by larry_koopa

My game library ranges from Mario Kart to Call of Duty to Tales of Xillia to Diablo 3 to Forza. To me gaming is about having fun - not blindly supporting only one company while thumbing your nose at "the evil other systems."

Whydoievenbother

Diddy_kong wrote:

Here's an idea. Maybe stop complaining about every single review score that isn't 9 or above. As long as you enjoy the game than who cares what some game site or anybody else thinks of it?

Ditto. besides, Every game has a flaw.
EDIT: You do realize u said this on a Video Game Blog right?

Edited on by Whydoievenbother

"I'll take a potato chip... AND EAT IT!"
Light Yagami, Death Note
"Ah, the Breakfast Club soundtrack! I can't wait 'til I'm old enough to feel ways about stuff!"
Phillip J. Fry, Futurama

SkywardLink98

Diddy_kong wrote:

If the local multi-player in a multi-player title doesn't work all that well, maybe a score of 7.4 is justified?

Multiplayer was more than half of Brawl. If it doesn't work here than its just a demo for the Wii U version.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

DefHalan

SkywardLink98 wrote:

Diddy_kong wrote:

If the local multi-player in a multi-player title doesn't work all that well, maybe a score of 7.4 is justified?

Multiplayer was more than half of Brawl. If it doesn't work here than its just a demo for the Wii U version.

But the multiplayer does work, very well. I play both local and online. Sometimes I get some lag online but that is to be expected. Local works great as long as you are close enough. The further you get from each other the longer it takes to transmit data (who would have thought). So the mutliplayer does work, it probably wasn't working before release which is when they played it for the review but we had that day 1 patch probably to get everything ready. I feel they should go back and check the multiplayer again and change the score to fit it better

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

MoogleMuffins

Yoshi_Prime wrote:

I was pretty confused for a moment, since I don't think 'corner' is the right word in this context.

As long as you have fun, ratings are just overall subjective. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam got pretty sub-average reviews, but I love that game. Resident Evil 2 got amazing reviews, but that game was terrible. Sounds like enough people are having fun here with SSB4 that it doesn't really matter about Game Trailers' opinion.

Untitled

But anyway...Why do people get so worked up about review scores if they know they already like the game themselves. I can completely understand if your judging on buying the game beforehand and reviews influence your judgement for purchase (like myself).

But if you know you like it yourself, why care what others think?

And besides, people are entitled to their own opinion, just because you think a games 10/10 doesn't mean someone who think it's 7.4 is wrong.

Edited on by MoogleMuffins

]

3DS Friend Code: 1332-7818-1153 | Nintendo Network ID: MoogleMuffins

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.