Forums

Topic: Gametrailers corners Super Smash 3DS with a 7.4/10 rating.

Posts 21 to 40 of 49

Araquanid

HappyHappyist wrote:

I suppose this is a bad thing?

Yep, it's the end of the world, the sky is falling, yada yada yada.

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

SkywardLink98

7.4 isn't terrible, and if the online doesn't work then it deserves to have points taken off.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

SpaceGhost11

Gamer83 wrote:

Tasuki wrote:

Ok since when is someone'e opinion worng? Oh wait when was the internet invented?

That website is known to be pro-Sony though and has been for a long time. I find their reviews on every Nintendo or Xbox game to be questionable at best.

GT is one of Nintendo's biggest supporters.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (9.8)
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze (9.1)
Pikmin 3 (8.8)
The Wonderful 101 (8.8)
Kirby Triple Deluxe (8.7)
Mario Kart 8 (8.6)
New Super Mario Bros. U (8.4)
Mario Golf: World Tour (8.5)
Twilight Princess (9.7)
Super Mario Galaxy (9.8) - This was also their 2007 game of the year.
Super Mario Galaxy 2 (9.7)

And their Smash review was fair and balanced.

SpaceGhost11

Kaze_Memaryu

I mostly agree with GameTrailers on this - hell, I would've given it a lower rating after having tried the full version for a few hours, so I'm actually still disappointed with how few actually notice the flawed nature of SSB3D. But that's not the point.

People seem to be missing the whole point of critical reviews: they provide a clear, unbiased view on a game, and point out what is good and what is bad about it. However, a bad rating (and the GT rating is still rather good) doesn't automatically mean the game isn't fun to anyone. It simply points out that a game has more impacting or numerous flaws that dampen the experience from a professional viewpoint - that shouldn't stop people from having fun though.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

Eel

While I don't find the controls to be bad at all and I haven't experienced lag, the game does suffer from a completely inexplicable lack of options.

If you have all that music, why not have more than two songs per stage?

If you have that many random battle modes for smash run (hp battles, flower battles, etc), why don't you let us play them whenever we want like before? Why is smash run so short and completely random, anyway?

Why take out the option of choosing the frequency of items?

Etc.

The elements for those options are there, but I guess they decided it was better to block them away. Who knows, maybe that way more people will want to buy the wiiu version.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

unrandomsam

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

I mostly agree with GameTrailers on this - hell, I would've given it a lower rating after having tried the full version for a few hours, so I'm actually still disappointed with how few actually notice the flawed nature of SSB3D. But that's not the point.

People seem to be missing the whole point of critical reviews: they provide a clear, unbiased view on a game, and point out what is good and what is bad about it. However, a bad rating (and the GT rating is still rather good) doesn't automatically mean the game isn't fun to anyone. It simply points out that a game has more impacting or numerous flaws that dampen the experience from a professional viewpoint - that shouldn't stop people from having fun though.

Anybody wanting to be clear and unbiased would be giving most games 5/10 so they could use the whole range.

“30fps Is Not a Good Artistic Decision, It's a Failure”
Freedom of the press is for those who happen to own one.

Kaze_Memaryu

@unrandomsam Smash would deserve a 05/10, but there are many games which were made well enough to deserve 08-09/10. The only no-go I see is 10/10, because nothing is flawless, especially games.

<insert title of hyped game here>

Check some instrumental Metal: CROW'SCLAW | IRON ATTACK! | warinside/BLANKFIELD |

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6640-0089 | Nintendo Network ID: KazeMemaryu

DefHalan

It is so weird that so many people seem to be running into issues in the game but I am not. Online works wonderfully and frame rate is never an issue. Smash Run is a lot of fun and isn't supposed to be the replacement of the Subspace Embassy, it is a new Game Mode. I will admit that not all characters work great in that type of environment but I still didn't have a problem with it. I think the game is fantastic and I haven't ran into any/many issues.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

unrandomsam

Kaze_Memaryu wrote:

@unrandomsam Smash would deserve a 05/10, but there are many games which were made well enough to deserve 08-09/10. The only no-go I see is 10/10, because nothing is flawless, especially games.

I would be ok with 10/10 if it is a game that is that good that no matter what you think about the genre or what it might be like it will be good anyway.

I think there are a few games like that.

I don't like that the difference between a 5 or 6 out of 10 and a 9 out of 10 only depends on whether the reviewer likes the genre or not.

MasterWario

Whatever the review score may be, imo the Smash mode is better than Brawl's (i.e. More fighters and feels much better to play than brawl) + the game is mobile, and that's all I need. Everything else is just an extra, although I'm quite glad they were able to fit in replays, screenshots, and soundtest.

I would have never guessed Weezing was so useful until I played a HeartGold Nuzlocke!
My YouTube Channel! Video game related, of course!
My Pushmo Levels

3DS Friend Code: 2836-0589-3371 | Nintendo Network ID: MasterWario

Zanark

Oh no they gave Super Smash bros 3ds only 74 out of 100 points. It is not possible for somebody to give this game any less than 95 out of 100. They must be angry fanboys.

Friend code: 1934-1399-5355

Faruko

We live in a world were 7.4/10 its a bad score...

WiiU: FarukoSH
3DS FC: 4640-0256-4473
Steam: Farukool
PSN: Farukosh

SkywardLink98

kereke12 wrote:

**WE** all know that the "Old" 3DS can't run a game that good(Like that), why do you think they made the "New" one

Except they haven't released the New 3DS, so it doesn't matter.

My SD Card with the game on it is just as physical as your cartridge with the game on it.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332

Drawdler

I always smile when I see reviewers award less than 8 out of 10 to something. Not because I like seeing games fail to live to expectations- quite the contrary- but it's a good thing to utilise more numbers in the scale.

I don't know wether I agree with that score, and I'm not a good person to ask about it since I never play fighting games and this is my first Smash Bros title, but I'm having a lot of fun with it regardless of wether it's that good objectively.

Myland's Dream Address: 6500-2329-0504 | darkSpyro | Ghostroaster | Reddit

3DS Friend Code: 2191-7661-4611 | Nintendo Network ID: Nibelilt

adamkop

Wow I still cannot grasp the idea of 3DS buttons being troublesome to use. I played Brawl with the Classic Controller and it's somehow easier to get complex combos on the 3DS than it was on the Wii. Still, they gave Destiny an 8/10 and a goddamn 8.9 for Watch_Dogs. There is no way I am believing GT for all the reviews they are getting lately. I think they are getting some weird fund sources with these. I didn't buy any of the AAA games lately, but from what I played, I am actually glad that I didn't, because they bored me before I was halfway through main campaign. I have no idea what is going on with the writers and reviewers, but as I get older I actually have less and less reasons to believe them.

adamkop

PilksUK

Very good honest and none biased review I thought he did a great job reviewing the game, he pointed out the good with the bad and yes frame rate issue's and connection issues are bad for smash online play but he did say it can be fixed with a patch.

7.4/10 for the first portable smash title is a good score.

Edited on by PilksUK

PilksUK

3DS Friend Code: 5258-1185-3117 | Nintendo Network ID: PilksUK

unrandomsam

Faruko wrote:

We live in a world were 7.4/10 its a bad score...

We live in a world where the average score is 7/10 (Some like Nintendo Life are even higher if you remove the stuff like really bad Dsiware / eshop shovelware / VC).

The worst part is it wastes most of the scale.

Yoshi_Prime

I was pretty confused for a moment, since I don't think 'corner' is the right word in this context.

As long as you have fun, ratings are just overall subjective. Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam got pretty sub-average reviews, but I love that game. Resident Evil 2 got amazing reviews, but that game was terrible. Sounds like enough people are having fun here with SSB4 that it doesn't really matter about Game Trailers' opinion.

Yoshi_Prime

Araquanid

BinaryFragger wrote:

Gamer83 wrote:

Yeah, the opinion isn't wrong, but given some of the games that have fared better at GT this review is crap. That website is known to be pro-Sony though and has been for a long time. I find their reviews on every Nintendo or Xbox game to be questionable at best.

Yep, they sure hate Nintendo:

Mario Golf: World Tour

Kirby Triple Deluxe

Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Pokemon X & Pokemon Y

Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Paper Mario Sticker Star

New Super Mario Bros. 2

Kid Icarus: Uprising

Mario Kart 7

Super Mario 3D Land

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

OMG.. those poor ratings!!! D: They're
Untitled

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

LzWinky

This reminds me of those hate comments: "This website is turrible. It only gave my game a 9/10!!"

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.