Forums

Topic: Gametrailers corners Super Smash 3DS with a 7.4/10 rating.

Posts 1 to 20 of 49

kereke12

(I got this information from Gamefaq) — Ok this is quite pathetic and frustrating.

----------------------------------------Opening Excerpt------------------------------------------------------------------

Over nearly the past two decades, Super Smash Bros. established itself as one of Nintendo’s premier franchises. Whenever a new Nintendo console got announced, one of the first questions would always be – “When will we see the next iteration of Smash?” This time around we’re getting two versions – one for the Wii U console, and another for the 3DS handheld. First up is the 3DS version, which marks the first time the series will be playable on-the-go. Is it even possible to take the console Smash experience and convert it into a portable one, or at least something respectable?

Ok I just saw the video and I'm one mad **Fanboy**, (Sorry I used that) — But this is quite pathetic, just because the game has **Framerate issues* doesn't mean anything, not all games are perfect when it comes to online and plus **WE** all know that the "Old" 3DS can't run a game that good(Like that), why do you think they made the "New" one, but that's not point. The point is this is quite stupid & sad....

Link to website — http://www.gametrailers.com/reviews/u9mt88/super-smash-bros--...

Edited on by kereke12

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

Captain_Toad

Welp, Dem's the breaks!

and double post btw.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

kereke12

Captain_Toad wrote:

Welp, Dem's the breaks!

and double post btw.

Yeah sorry my bad it was my browser...

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Switch Friend Code: sw-4699-3487-8963 | My Nintendo: kereke12 | Nintendo Network ID: Kereke12

DefHalan

That was a weird review. Basically sounded like they expected way more than they should have for a portable game. And saying the online isn't working perfectly which is inexcusable, how about all the games on other systems that don't have online multiplayer even working in the opening weeks. It just sounded like the person was told to be as harsh as possible on the game.

Plus they showed a bunch of spoilers in that review

Edited on by DefHalan

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LzWinky

Who cares?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Araquanid

Does anybody even watch them?

Maelstrom wrote:

WaLzgi wrote:

Who cares?

I do agree about smash run tho..

Edited on by Araquanid

3DS FC: 0774-5098-1425
Pokemon Sun IGN: Joe
My Shinies
(User name changed in November 2016, MegaBeedrill)

3DS Friend Code: 0774-5098-1425 | Nintendo Network ID: FreakyMantis17 | Twitter:

kereke12

WaLzgi wrote:

Who cares?

No one should care for others people opinions but the way they bash at Smash is just wrong....

LONG LIVE NINTENDO

Tasuki

Ok since when is someone'e opinion worng? Oh wait when was the internet invented?

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Storytime7

Most reviews for the game have been positive, so I don't see what the big deal is.

Turnip-Forest wrote:

And for the love of God, they gave it a 7.4/10. In what world is that a bad rating?

It's not really that high of a score when 7 is considered average for game review scores, and Smash Bros. is a high-profile franchise.

Storytime7

3DS Friend Code: 4124-5304-9315 | Nintendo Network ID: storytime7

Noboty

So?

Noboty

3DS Friend Code: 2793-1469-2823

MsJubilee

Meh one reviewer that don't like a game,that's normal move on.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Resident Evil 4 Remake & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

19Robb92

That was a great review IMO.

Fair all the way through and a score that actually felt relatable to what they said.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

R_Champ

Wait, so they're actually brave enough to address the limitations of the 3DS and how it limits a good game like this?
Um, why are people mad? Because they don't want to buy actual superior WiiU version? We all know Smash 3DS has terrible controls, limited graphics, and a watered down experience due to processing power (no Ice Climbers, Poor online, frame rate drops, etc.). The one pull that the 3DS version has always had is the portability. And they nailed that. To have ANY Smash experience on 3DS is pretty impressive, but it actually makes me more angry people are acting like it's flawless. It isn't. And in the long run it won't even come close to the WiiU version.

Get used to it, buy a Wii U, or just settle the flawed 3DS version without being so butt hurt about every honest review it gets. 7.4 is more than fair IMO.

Edited on by R_Champ

Nintendo & Steam ID: R_Champ

Gamer83

Tasuki wrote:

Ok since when is someone'e opinion worng? Oh wait when was the internet invented?

Yeah, the opinion isn't wrong, but given some of the games that have fared better at GT this review is crap. That website is known to be pro-Sony though and has been for a long time. I find their reviews on every Nintendo or Xbox game to be questionable at best.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

19Robb92

Gamer83 wrote:

but given some of the games that have fared better at GT this review is crap.

You can't compare entirely different games & genres to this, not to mention what other people on that same site has reviewed.

But feel free to show me a fighting game with frame-rate issues and a poor local AND online multiplayer portion that reviewed well on GT.

Or better yet, show me a review of a fighting game with the same quota as above written by the same reviewer who did this one.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

MajinSoul

R_Champ wrote:

Wait, so they're actually brave enough to address the limitations of the 3DS and how it limits a good game like this?

I agree. From what I can see, the 3DS version is extremely limited. The controls are weird, characters had to be changed / removed, stage selection is small (albeit very good), Smash Run is phenomenal in concept, but didn't end up quite as good, which is partly due to the lack of options in the entire game.

Now don't get me wrong, it might have tons of flaws, but that doesn't mean that it's a bad game. And that's exactly what a 7.4 is: a good, but flawed game.

Edited on by MajinSoul

MajinSoul

Nintendo Network ID: UtoKid | Twitter:

Punished_Boss_84

ZeroZX_Dev wrote:

Opinions.
Everybody's got them.

"They played us like a damn fiddle!" - MGS5
"Finish your mission, prove your loyalty." - MGS3
"We could take a s*** on you from such a height, you'd think God himself has crapped on you!" - GTA: SA
Currently Playing: The Phantom Pain.

3DS Friend Code: 3840-6320-8217

HappyHappyist

I suppose this is a bad thing?

i am part of a social group interested in uniting the world by painting it blue.
Blue blue.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.